One of the hardest aspects about being a senior is knowing that you are mere months away from making some of the biggest decisions of your life. This week, we are going to talk about that quite a bit, but for now, I want you to think about the choices you have made and the ones still awaiting you.
How do you come to the big decisions in your life? Are you a thinker? A spontanueous decsion-maker? A fly-by-the-seat-of-your- pants kind of person? Which works best for you? What are some of the big decisions/choices you have had to make along this journey of your life so far?
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
47 comments:
The future is a scary thing. It's almost impossible to think that every single action I take pulls me closer to what I'm destined to become. The things I've been thinking about a lot lately are, not only my major in college, but my career. Throughout my life I've been many things. In the past I've been a soccer player, a dancer, a cheerleader, a poet, a writer, a mechanic, a house cleaner, and many more. Looking back to what I have done is supposed to help me to decide what I'm going to do in the future. It will be hard to say I am one thing in life, hence, the word career. The thing that scares me most is growing away from my childhood mind of becoming anything I want to be, and doing anything I want to do, at any given moment.
In the past I’ve made all the wrong mistakes, as well as all the right decisions. I’ve matured a great amount and believe I can understand life more then most, for I am a thinker. At times, being a thinker is a weakness; sometimes I think too much about things. For the most part, I believe in following all the rules. I’m not involved in negative things that most of my peers are, and try to stay out of the drama that goes along with it. As a matter of fact, I can honestly say that there is no drama in my life.
The big decisions in my life to come probably won’t be made until last minute. I’m not likely to procrastinate, though I think things through inside and out. I look at the positive aspects as well as the negative. I understand that life is a journey with obstacles to overcome. Luckily, I look at those obstacles with an optimistic mind, knowing I can defeat them. I’ve been looking up colleges and printing out applications. I believe that some big decisions that I have made, were which crowd to hang around, which role models to choose, and also what is right and wrong. It is understood that life will take me somewhere; I just have to make sure it’s where I want to go.
I've always been the type of person that never usually plans out my future step by step. I tend to see the bigger picture that I eventually hope to achieve, but I don’t really figure out how to get there. I believe in fate, and therefore, I think that if I really deserve this future that I want, then I will get it no matter what struggles I might run into. You can’t plan your future out step by step; at least that’s what I believe. Life is so unexpecting that it makes it nearly impossible to do so. One minute you could win the lottery or get in a car accident. There’s no way to know the unknown which is why I just go with whatever comes at me. “Always be prepared for the worst so that when you receive the worst, you’re not disappointed and if you so happen to receive better than expected, then it’s much more appreciated.” –Me. I have made many tough decisions in my life that have ended up shaping me into a whole different person. Some shaped me for the better, others harmed me, and one was life threatening. The ones that have harmed me are none that I feel comfortable talking about, but I will admit that they were the hardest things I have ever encountered in my life and probably will be the hardest for a very long time. Quite frankly, it is very hard for me to think of some of the beneficial decisions that I have made to get where I am today. It is possible that I do not remember them so well because they do not stand out to me as much as the not-so-great decisions I have made. It is also possible that because I don’t plan out steps to accomplish that I do not realize an accomplishment when I have made it. The only true decision I believe I am the most proud of myself for is to remain true to myself of who I am and not who others believe I am. I will continue to keep making my decisions as they come at me based on my own thoughts. I follow my own thoughts now and tend to not really base my decisions upon others even for simple things. I follow my heart.
When I think about previous and awaiting choices I'm not at all unsure. The choices I have made throughout my life are the factors of what I stand for today. Im committed to the choices Ive made. The important choices that impact my life the most are the ones I think most about. I focus on the outcome of my decision, who it will affect, why Im doing it, and what the choice will solve/bring my way. When it comes to fun Im an impulsive decision maker. I think a person's patience level is a big part of making a decision. I can be patient for decisions like college and money. For example, as much as Id rather sleep in and not go to school, Im commited to it for my long term goals. Other goals and choices I have made are to get my hairdresser's liscence. By going to votec everyday I can get my liscence for free! Then I will work as a hairdresser during college. In college Im going to study to become either a technician or a mechanical engineer. If I get rich I can even open my own hair salon, and that would be awesome. Last summer I worked not just one but two jobs. I made the choice to save almost every bit of money I made, and now Im driving a 2000 convertable sebring.
This whole comment will probably be nothing but me ranting nonsense. But Choices. Ugh. UGH. I'm probably the most indecisive person in the world, but at the same time, I’m also a very "go with the flow" kind of person too. I never regret any decisions that I've made which is a good thing. I learn a lot from the decisions that I make regardless whether it's 'right or wrong'. The only thing is that I just procrastinate last minute when I make decisions. The choices I've had to make ranges from living with mom or dad to little things like eating apples or bananas. Those kinds of choices are whatever to me for some reason. This includes what school I get sent off to, what movies I want to go see, etc. etc. I just never really cared for. I know it affects me a lot but I don’t know why I just don’t care about those kinds of choices. Sometimes, it's really the little decisions made that gets me thinking... the little things that build up and they get to me. Like whether I should hang out with a certain person or go into a certain house. Should I spend time with my mother or should I spend time with my best friend? Those little choices made affect my days… if I have a great day in the end, awesome. And if I have a crappy day, it's that decision made that just sucks in general...but oh well. I don’t know. Like, people tell me to worry about my future. Think about my future and blah blah blah. But the only future I have really thought of which I know is kind of depressing; if I could just get one good day in… a seriously ridiculously marvelous orgasmic wonderfully amazing day… then that’s all I really care for. That’s when I feel like life living is worthwhile. But until then… I don’t know. I really don’t. This is such a tough subject in general. I know sometimes the way I think could be very weird and unreasonable but I don’t really care what those other people who don’t really mean anything to me say or think. I normally always think day-by-day and when I ever decide to look back, I realize that most of the choices that I make is what makes me who I am today… That’s another thing that really all that matters.
Decisions; Nobody likes to make them. We avoid them, we run from them; we put them aside in order to escape. In the end, virtually no decision is made without some sort of discipline or encouragement. Usually they are forced upon us and the positives are veiled by the negatives brought with them. There is no escape from the decision making process and as we go on in our lives, we are forced to make more and more choices that can seriously affect the outcome of many different situations.
Personally, I find myself planning out my actions, but never working to achieve them quickly. A lack of confidence gives shifty ideas; one plan is quickly dismissed by another merely because the first wasn’t set in stone. I’m a dreamer; I picture myself in a number of situations before actually picking the one that best suits my interests. Often this is more of a settling, dreams are encouraging and comforting, but they are only wishes and wants. After eliminating the impossible happy endings, I find it much easier to see the big picture and to make a proper decision. Wither this method of problem solving is unique or common is beyond me, but the imagination and memories of past situations help me to make the tougher choices along the way.
This would label me as a sort of thinker. I will never make a tough decision on the spot for fear of making a critical error. It is much better to overlook each situation with care and to be sure to view all the details around it. Picturing the results of each action is a great way to reveal the correct path. Though things will probably not go exactly as you imagine, you’d be surprised how far a simple guess can go. Trust your gut for it often knows the way to go.
For example, a few years back my first dog had fallen ill due to cancer [ This was a while back, I’m not 100% sure of the proper dates. ] His once luminous white coat had been wiped away to mere dots of fur and his once energetic attitude had been drained from him. It had gotten to the point where we contemplated putting him out of his misery. This pup had been one of my best friends since I was a mere four year old and at the age of fourteen his life was resting in my family’s hands. In the end there was no positive outcome, but we had to consider the things at stake here. Surely the old dog was in pain, but letting him go would only bring hurt to everyone. He would be brought down peacefully in order to preserve a positive ending and proper goodbye.. Though it still pains the heart at times, I do believe I made the right choice.
Decision making is an inescapable trait of life that only grows more serious overtime. As we get older, more choices and responsibilities will be thrown our way. How we all handle them distinguishes us as human beings. We can only hope as we go on that we made our decisions the best we could and that in the end it will all work out.
Hmmm.. Decisions. Decisions. Decisions. Some are simple, or are more difficult than others. It all comes down to that one important decision that you make in the end. What are you going to do in life? But how can you tell which is the right choice to make? I don’t know, but decisions making for me is both easy and hard. It just depends on what I’m making the decision for. Something simple could just be what am I going to wear today? Am I going to study for a test? or Should I rehearse an dance routine for the final show?. Deciding what to do is simple. for simple tasks. However when it comes to which classes to choose the next year, what college am I going to go to? It all becomes very stressful and complicated to me. How can I decide what I want to do now for the rest of my life when I’m only 17. I don’t know what the future may hold, but what if the decision I make know is going to make my future unpleasant? I don’t know but as you come to actually think about senior year, the closer graduation comes, the more stressful things become if you don’t know what your going to do as soon as you get out. I know I’m a thinker though. I’m always over thinking things without knowing it. My family and friends tell me that sometimes that isn’t a good thing, but what I can I do, that’s me?. But I think its just because so much is happening so fast in such a short amount of time, I’m still trying to deal with all of it. I don’t think I have made any HUGE decisions yet so far in my life. But I think this year I will be making the most important decisions of all. Deciding what college to apply to, Deciding what I’m exactly I’m going to do when you get out of high school, because once I step out I cant go back. I just know that even if the wrong decision is made, its okay, we are all human, and we are supposed to make mistakes. Its just our job to know how to handle that wrong decision and make the most of it even though its not what we planned. In order to make the decisions in my life, I turn to my family. They tell me what they would do if they were in my position and then I just ask them what I should do. But usually I end up doing the complete opposite of what I intended. I just hope that the decisions I end up making this year, will benefit me in the near future, which is basically right around the corner.
As the decision of what could possibly determine my future comes closer and closer, I have already made a few other choices in order to start my process of making the Big Kahuna decision of college and a major. First of all, I’m a planner. I have to organize and plan everything when it comes to colleges. I have to think and research all my options and start narrowing things down and using vast resources to help me as well. Sometimes, with less important, every-day decisions, I’ll just make decisions spontaneously and see where it takes me. However, with the more important decisions for college, obviously it’s the biggest choice of a senior’s life. You can’t just close your eyes, spin around, and point at a random college choice. I believe every little aspect of college has to be narrowed down to the nearly perfect college. Something that’ll wow me and take me to my greatest potential according to my needs and wants.
However, I haven’t made very big choices of decisions yet. I’m pretty indecisive and have been changing my mind like every week of where I want to go or what I want to do with my life. Obviously I haven’t figured out the perfect one yet and still need to do some research of what I’ll be best at. I have figured out that I do want to go to a four-year college and have been doing much planning and visiting to narrow down my searches. I still have a huge handful of where I can go, but it’s a tedious task. I know how to plan everything and that’s important to me to find the right thing for me. The only possible big decision of my life that I can think of that has helped me along my process is rowing. I most likely want to do that in college and learned that I’ll be getting much attention and money from college because of that. It has narrowed down potential colleges for me and will support me to get into a well-fit college that will determine practically my entire future. Yikes.
I am a simple person thats tries to make the best decisions as i can but there are moments that i can make spontanueous thoughts when i am bored so that i can make myself laugh. i haver made some wrong decisions in my life that i wish i didn't but i don't regret it. i live my life by living life to the fullest with no regrets becuase even though you might mess up you can always learn from it so im not going to be a dumbass if i fall into a situation like it agin. one decision that i know im cofident in is my life career that i want to be, and that is to be a chef in my own restaurant. I am already moving on the right paths to make me get to those places such as my decision to go to vo tech for culinary and bakery, since i went to vo tech and worked my ass off to show that this is my passion and i will do anything to succeed and prove all men that women can be as good as them or even better. working hard at votech led to me being the first 17year old to work in a casino.i surprised myself when i recieved the offer but let me tell you it wasn't what i expected. all the hard work and many hours i was working my butt off just for my recommendation letter to help me for college, i never had the thoughts to quit. for all the wronmg decision they can turn around and can help you make wise decision for yourself.
When it comes to decision making, I try my best to make good ones. Although I am a spontaneous thinker, I have a good idea of right from wrong and a good idea of where I want to be headed. I think I am a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants type of person mostly because I really do not know what I want in life, other then to be successful. In life so far, I have made a lot of decisions but still feel that the most important ones have not come yet. As the pressure of college is finally here and the sight of adulthood is right around the corner, it is scary. The hardest decisions in my life are no longer what I want for dinner or what color I want to paint my fingernails, but are now where I want to go to college and what I want to do for a living, and these things are factors that my life depends on. Making wrong decisions at this point could put me in positions that are hard to change. In my mind, I am sure I want to be financially independent and comfortable with my income. In order to do this, college is definitely in my future. I am not sure what I would like to do as far as a career, but I know what I like to do, which will help narrow my search. I am not sure where I want to go to school; however I know factors that will help me choose a school such as size and location. It is important for me to go to a large school in an urban city. Living inside or nearby a big city will make it easier for me to enjoy where I am living. Being happy and feeling comfortable about where I am living, going to school, and what I am studying will make my college experience good. Putting myself somewhere I do not want to be and learning something I am not interested in will make college somewhere I do not want to be. This is why the decision making process now is important and is vital that I make good choices. I am glad that we are learning about the choices we have in class because I am not sure I would be able to see so many options if we didn’t. The information and websites we are given in class open my eyes to a lot more things. Thanks Ms. Bunje!
Decisions, Decisions, Decisions! Everything in life is made up of decisions. When I was younger, actually up until my sophomore year, I absolutely hated making decisions, not because I was scared of change or what the outcome of certain things would be, but because it seemed like I always made the wrong decisions. I seemed to be the type of person who always learned things the hard way. Although as I grow older I realize that I made bad decisions because I never really thought about things before I acted. There’s a lot of decisions that I've made in my life that were immoral and it's because I usually took the matter too lightly and didn't quite think things through. As a senior I really don't have any room for bad decision making because these last few decisions that I must make as my high school year comes to an end are life changing. What college will I attend? What will my major be? Will I go to a community college first or straight to a four year college? All these questions, all these decisions! I guess I can be considered as a "thinker," at least this year I am. I must think long and hard about where I want to go in life and what I want to be. I can honestly say that the bad decisions that I've made in the past have helped me make good decisions now. With this being my final year at Oakcrest High School I am determined to graduate high school and move on to college. So far my decision to move on to college seems to be my next best step. Where will I go exactly? Well that's still left for me to decide.
it takes me quite some time to make a decision on potentially life changes situations. i am definately a thinker. sometimes too much of a thinker. i overwhelm myself sometimes with many thoughts i do not want to have. thinking all of the time also helps me. by the time i make my decision, i know that it is the right decision and i have no regrets. i am far from a spontanious decision maker. if i was spontanious i am almost positive i would have many many regrets. taking time to think things over works best for me because it gives me a reassurance about my decision making. i have not had to make many big decisions throughout my life but there are a few. some of the big ones were who i associated myself with due to the lifestyles of some of these people. also i had to make a big decision about my future and had to get my act together.
My future in my mind is set. But if anything happens to me or if I make the wrong decision it could be gone in seconds. When I make my decisions I try to think about how it will affect or even if it will affect those around me. If it does have an impact on my peers, is it a good decision?; it better be. I will always try to do the right thing and make sure that if I’m making a decision it will be benefiting me in my future. I believe that I am a thinker but also spontaneous decision maker in life. When a big question or decisions come up in my life I always have to take time to think about it but while I’m doing that I can make stupid or even good decisions. I think that the biggest decision that i've had to make in my life is being who i am. I had a choice of who I wanted to be and this is me. I am very happy with this decision because in my mind I am a successful and good person. Being the person you are is going to be one of the biggest decisions you make in life. I believe that I will make the right decision when it comes to what college I am going to go to and what I am going to do with my life.
This year is full of very big decisions, like should I go to a 4-year college or a 2-year. Or should I go to the college that is closer or should I go to one that is farther away. Well, the way I make those kinds of decisions is to see what my goal careers need in order to be in those careers and then I decide. Therefore I think I am a thinker. I like to think about what my life will be like if I did certain things. For example, sometimes I think I what to be an Interior Designer, but then I think about the other things that I like to do and if I rather be something else. Some of the biggest decisions I had to make so far would probably be choosing what major I’m going to study. So far I narrowed it to two choices, but that probably will change once I get into college. I’m not that worried about my career choices right now, so I’m procrastinating until I’m a sophomore in college. As long as I do something that involves being creative and that I will enjoy, I will be alright. Also, I have been thinking about what college I’m going to go to. Up until now I have all six colleges, but that might change depending on whether I find a better choice or I find something wrong with one of my choices.
When it comes to making big decisions in my life, I usually wait until the last minute. These past years at Oakcrest, I did not think too much about my future. Now that I am a senior, I feel rushed about trying to figure out what I want to do with the rest of my life. Although I have an idea of what I want to do now that it's been a few weeks, I still am unclear as to where I want to go. But anyway, I would say that I am a thinker. I like to consider everything possible that I might want to do, and all the outcomes of my decisions. I definitely don’t think I’m a spontaneous decision maker because I don’t normally take many risks. And with my luck, my future would probably turn out horrible. So, I like to consider all of my options before I make any kind of huge decision.
Throughout my life, there were a few very big decisions that I had to make. One decision was to get good grades. But, I guess I decided not to do that and be lazy. So, my grades are not the best, and now I’m suffering from that because it’s limiting my options of where I want to go to school. Another decision I had to make was whether or not to do crew. I would have to say that that was a very good decision. It taught me to not give up, to stop quitting everything I do, to stay in shape, and I met some really great people. And one more very big decision I had to make was to decide what kind of person I wanted to be. I’ve made many mistakes, didn’t always try my best, and acted wrong towards people. But, I think I know now how to handle situations, how to treat people, and how to figure out what is best for me.
Making decisions is never easy for me. Normally when I have a big decision to make, I often turn the music up really loud and just lay there thinking. When that doesn't work, I draw or I go to the beach to just let my mind wander. I would have to say that I am a BIG thinker. I always have a million thoughts running through my head every second of the day. Even when I try to go to sleep, I'm still thinking which ends up making me somewhat of an insomniac. Often I tell people the reason it may seem that I'm quiet is because of the fact that I'm trying to straighten out all the thoughts in my head. For the most part I take my time in making decisions but there is also times where I'll just decide something on a whim based upon what I'm feeling at that very moment. Some of the biggest choices that I had to make so far was choosing to continue to live with my parents, which college I should go to, and what I really want to do in life that would make it worth living. These decisions that I made were surprisingly easy and I know for a fact that I made the right one. I plan on going to college for interior design and minor in multicultural studies. In my spare time I would like to travel to South America and teach little kids about art. Right now,it seems like I don't have to make any more hard decisions because I have everything planned out.
People always say never think of the future and live life everyday like it was your last. How ever that's just not me. I"m constantly considering and taking in everything I do and how it will effect my future. I think if I do this then I'll be doing this 3 years from now or if I start this job will I have enough money for this in5 months. You can practically say I'm a worry wart.
When it comes to making important decisions in my life I never really know I'm making them until I make a mistake first. I'm a thinker, half the time, but I don't make a big decision without doing the wrong thing, 99.9% of the time. As they always say you learn from your mistakes to make better decisions for yourself in the furture.
At this point in time right now I can't recall making a big decision from my past but I have the biggest decisions to make right now that are knocking at my very door. For instance I had to choose to go to a counselor about a week ago for problems I"m having. I thought about if I do this will it make me better or make a turn for the worse or even if people would think different of me? Wold they start to feel sorry for me or look at me like I"m strange?
Another big decision I have to make now is what I'm going to do about college. I thought I had my entire future planned out, at least for the next three years, then all of it was sabotaged in a matter of three weeks. Who would know that an english teacher could cloud my mind so bad and confuse me on what to with my furture now. So many options on what I can and should do are floating around in my brain. I have broadened the horiozon of going to other colleges away from home. Today and for the next 5 months I have to push myself and get as much work as I oan done for applying to different colleges. Even if I get accepted I can always turn the offer down if I don't want to go. My plan for decison making from now into the future is calming down, not be such a worry wart, and take things day by day. Just one step at a time.
I guess you could call me a thinker because I think about everyting I do even the small things. I have had to make a lot of decisions in my life some big and some not so big. As you may already know I am a big hiker and that in its self was a big decision. It required alot of thought because of the potentially dangerous situations that can happen and the whole idea of being away from home for a week or more and sleeping in a tent on the ground and lets not forget the being dirty for the whole time and the animals that lurk around in the woods at night. A nother big decision I have had to make was just last year and it was to become an Eagle Scout. I had been thinking about that for almost my whole life. The amount of dedication that it calls for is what makes it so prestigious and hard to obtaine. Many say they will go for it but only a few (one out of three scouts) earn it. The amount of pressure it puts on a person is also a factor in why it is so challenging to earn. When I recieved it this summer I felt proud of my self and determined to follow my dreams even harder. Now I have to make even bigger dicisions. I know that I want to go to ACCC for college but its after those two years that I'm not really shore. In one hand I can go to a four year cllege and become a scientist but in the other I may chose the military or continue Fire Acadamy and become a payed fire fighter. These are some tough choises but I think By the end of the year I will be able to chose one.
Life is only what you as a person make it be. I myself as a person fell that I would like to have my life planed out for myself in a way. I like to follow a schedule when it comes to everyday life. Yes, of course at moments I may do things on a whim but it is not very often. When it comes to decision making I myself tend to always think things out before actually making a decision. I don’t like to make fast decisions because I am always sacred that I will make the wrong choice if I make a quick decision about something. For instance when I was re decorating my bed room I had everything planned out to the last inch of my room. I had to have things the way they needed to be done. And I always try to make the right choice for myself. I don’t like to think of what other people will think of my choice. I do what is best for me not what is best for everyone else, because if you are constantly thinking about other people in life your life you will progress no where in your own life. At the same time I do live for the moment I don’t plan so far ahead in life that I cant have fun in the moment. If you don’t live life while you’re here who knows what you could have messed out on. My philosophy is life the best that you can while you still have the chance to do it. So make the right decisions for yourself because it could be the last.
Every day of your life you have things presented to you that cause you to make a decision. Whether it is the right one or the wrong decision you choose you make many of them in a day. I go about making decisions in different ways. It all depends on how big the decision is. If it is a life changing decision I like to think on it. I like to see how it will benefit me to do the right thing and how bad it will hurt me if I do the wrong thing. All decisions are not life changing. There are the small decisions like what you want to eat at lunch. When it comes to little decisions I feel that I am a spontaneous decision maker. When someone asks me to do something that could get me in trouble I usually don’t think about it until I am in the situation. I don’t like that I make decisions on the spot all the time. I try to think about them as much as I can but sometimes there isn’t much time to think. So I feel that thinking it over works best for me because I usually make good decisions when I take my time to think and not so good ones when I just pick on the spot. In my life I have not really had to make any big decisions like I will in the future. Something that would be pretty big as of now is deciding where I wanted to fit in and what kind of person I wanted to be. Did I want to fit in with the kids that didn’t always do the right thing and got in trouble a lot or the kids that had fun doing what they did but took more time to see both sides of the picture. Also coming up soon in life I will have to make a big decision of what college I want to attend or if I am even going to attend one at all. There are so many choices to be made and so many ways to go wrong.
With life comes hard decisions that everyone has to make, nothing in life comes easy. Some decisions that I had to make in life and mainly everyone had to is friends. Friends are the way to have a fun and adventurous life. Without them life would be boring so the choices that i have made i am happy with. I the type of person who just sits back and watch to see what happens next. It depends if the decision is a big one and it needs to be taken care of right away. I think people that think all the time and take things too serious, never have any time for fun. Life is not always about parting though. If they cant take care of the main problem or the bigger decision then they should not be worried about other things like fun.
Lately it seems as if all we ever talk about is being seniors. As senior year approached I was so excited, but not that it is here I am more scared then I have ever been. The last three years we were basically guided and every decision that we had to make someone was there to help us, and basically give us the answer. Now the hardest decision of our life is here, COLLEGE and our PROFESSION. Trust me when I say I have gone through twenty million different occupations, but I now know exactly what profession I want to pursue in. I want and will become an English teacher. The last year we had to make decisions such as what to wear to school, whether or not to do English or math homework on the bus cause we spent a little too much time on the phone, or whether we should study or just wing it. Now that senior year is here there is no more time to waste hours on the phone, or not study, this is it. I waited three long years, in which I never thought would end, but now they have. We have 36 Fridays until we graduate, scary huh? It is officially time to buckle down we are not young children anymore most of us are turning 18 this year which means we are “adults”. Just think 9 months from now we will not be walking the hallways of Oakcrest ever again. It is so hard to conceive how quick adulthood can creep up on you, and once it does there is no slowing it down. I am a thinker and that is why I switched my occupation about 20 million times. I settled with English cause that is exactly where I feel most comfortable. Throughout life I had to choose to do well on grades, I didn’t do too bad but not that I look back I wish I tried my absolute best instead of just settling for alright. I had to make another decision crew or work? For me I chose working, because I pretty much pay for everything except my house. I also have had to choose my friends; some I thought were best aren’t so best friends. I have made mistakes that have gotten me to this very point and I am happy I made all of them. Going without mistakes your whole life you would never learn. It’s just that with mistakes comes wisdom, but now its senior year there is not room for mistakes. I pretty much know and have set in stone what I want to do with my life it’s just a matter of getting into schools I would like to attend. I am prepared for some let downs from college, but it a learning experience. Today in class we did college research and I never knew there were so many colleges. As this year progresses I am becoming more and more prepared for college, even though I am scared to death there is this excitement ready to explode inside me. Childhood as we know it is slipping away, and adulthood is two steps away.
knowing that we are all just months away from making the most important decisions of our lives is scary to me. making decisions is really hard for me,i always am afraid of making the wrong one. Like nicole said there has always been someone there to make all our major decisions for us.what tests we had to take, or what paper we have to write, how many days we can be absent. All of these decisions were always made for us. now that we are seniors we have to decide weather or not were going to take the SAT test or how many papers were going to write to get into a college. Everything is left up to us of course with good advice and guidence. But the decisions we are about to make are not as easy as the decisions have been for the past three years, these decisions that we make now are going to effect our whole lifes. Throughout our educational journey we were all put on a schedule everyday is like Deja Vu to me, were like little zombies moving along to our next classes. In college there isnt going to be someone watching you go to every class and making sure that your there. Now the decision is am I going to have the will power to depend on myself to get to my classes on time and not miss any? its all up to us what decision we choose in life. Make it a good one we only have one life to live.
Everyone faces decisions everyday. Everyone handles decision making in there own ways. I, personally, think about major decisions that are life changing for a while before I make an actual decision. Whether it’s “what college should I go to?” or “what dreams should I pursue?”, I always spend time thinking about the benefits and the consequences of my decisions. With smaller decisions such as “Should I take a risk and do something that I could get in trouble for even though it may be fun?” I usually don’t consider the consequences that much. I think hastily and make a decision which isn’t always the best thing to do. I’ve made bad decisions in the past because I was confronted with a spur of the moment situation and I chose to take a risk and have fun. Some decisions I’ve made hastily have also turned out amazing because even though there was a risk, the turnout was well worth it. So in a way I am a thinker as well as a spontaneous decision-maker. It all depends on the immediate risks and rewards that come to mind. Whether a decisions turn out has been good or bad for me, I’m still proud of the choices I’ve made and I look back on life with no regrets.
Making decisions is a part of life no one can avoid. Some of these decisions are much bigger than others. All mpeople have different ways to deal with them. Some people just pick what sounds best and some ponder for a long time to make the best choice. I am the kind of person who likes to relax and wait ntill I have no choice but to make a decision. I do however think what I want to choose before this time comes. I hace had a couple hard decisions to make so far in my seventeen years alive. Most of them are not as important but I have had a couple in the last four years. the biggest decission i can not mention however it was the most life changing. My minor decisions that I have made are important to me. The most recent was the choice of what rc car to buy. It doesnt seem like it is important but this choice would decide how i will live for the next four to five weeks. i have to live with out doing to many activities because i have a broken foot and i can not work i now have no income until my foot is fully healed. Any way i use many different ways to make decisions some by the seat of my pants and some i think and research. it all depends on how relavent they will be in the future of my life.
The future decisions for me are quite important as for everyone else. When I approach a decision that will change my life forever or affect my future I really sit and think. So I guess i would say i'm a thinker. I look to pros and cons of everything college, what I say, what I do, just everything. Right now the biggest decisions are recommendation letters, deadlines, and where to apply to college. I just don't want to make the wrong decision and ruin my life. So I have found thinking about every teacher I have had and other adults I know will help me get the best letters. Also for colleges I sit and research every detail to make decisions.
It’s hard to believe that in the next ten to eleven months I’ll be on my own. I can still remember when I was a freshman and how excited the senior class was to graduate. Now that I’m a senior I completely understand how they feel. I really can’t wait to get out of oakcrest, but I have to say the four years I spent in this school were worth it. I’ve learned so many knew things. Coming from Atlantic City to Oakcrest was a completely different experience, and I wasn’t used to being around so many diverse people. It’s hard to believe that everything I do from now on will affect my future. I think I’ve mad plenty of bad and good choices but in the end these choices affect who I am, so I don’t regret anything. Since I’ve become older I tend to look at the outcome of my decision rather then the benefits from doing it. But I have to say I’m a very just go with the flow kind of person. I don’t really plan things and I basically feel as though what ever happens happens. College is finally here, and honestly don’t think I'm ready to make these big decisions when it comes to things like what college I want to attend. I know this decision requires some in depth thought and I can’t be a spontaneous decision maker like I usually am. Despite this I do believe I will make the right decision, so wish me the best.
I agree that the hardest aspects about being a senior is knowing that you are mere months away from making some of the biggest decisions of your life. It is pretty scary whenever I think about it that way. But that’s life. Life is full of decisions. Decisions are basically what help shape your life. Right now a big decision we as seniors have to decide is what we are doing after we graduate. Am I going to college? If so, where? What career am I choosing? Which friends do I stick with? All these are we are decisions making and should make them right now. One problem with me is that I can procrastinate at times and am not really a thinker. I usually make decisions along the way. Some of the decisions I have had to make along my journey in high school are friends, even if it meant losing some. I feel that I made the right decision in that category and have very supportive friends. On the other hand, I don’t feel that I am doing a good job in the college category. This is where I feel that I need to be a thinker and look into this more. I have an idea of what I want to do but I need it to be crystal clear. I am planning on starting this now because before I know it, adulthood is here.
I have my future planned out to the "T". I've always been the kind of person who needs to think and re-think everything. Sometimes it's good to know exactly where your going and how to get there but then again re-thinking everything drives me crazy. I feel uneasy when I'm put in a situation that I'm not aware of and that I can't plan out. However, because I've planned out everything I'm so prepared for senior year because it's just a matter of being accepted into the college that I want. I've had my major and my career planned out for about 3 years already which has helped me greatly. A major decision that I had to make was whether I wanted to go to Vo-tech junior and senior year. My guidance counselor didn't want me to go to Vo-tech because she thought it would lessen my chnaces of getting into a four year college. I wanted to go for dental assisting which would help me in getting into a dental hygiene program in college. I had to decided whether or not to listen to my guidance counselor or listen to myself and make my own choice. And being the way that I am, Vo-tech was part of my plan so I followed my own gut and I went to Vo-tech last year and this year. I still feel I made the right decision because I have experience in the field I want to get into. Making decisions is hard but there is no way to avoid them so we mine as well get used to them. I do my best to try and make the right decision and think everything out before I do them. But I am only human so if I make the wrong decision I have no worries because I know I have the power to change them and make the right ones. I have many decisions and planning still ahead of me and I'll have to admit its a little scary but I think I'll be able to manage.
The method I use when it comes to making big decisions in my life is that of a thinker. I’m a huge thinker and tend to stress out when trying to make a decision. Even with all the time I spend thinking, I still may end up making a bad decision. Some times what seemed like a good choice in hindsight was the wrong choice. For example when I was a freshman I was running cross country and I excelled in the sport. The problem was that I hated to run and was too busy hanging out with my friends. Now I’m in my senior year and I never got involved in any sport. I regret that choice because I have always been able to excel when participating in athletic activities. Sophomore year I played varsity chess and won my first couple of matches but I ended up quitting. Some of these decisions seem small but now I feel like they are huge. I could have maybe received a scholarship to college if I would have just put forth the effort and performed. It makes me wish that Dr. Brown still had his time machine so I could go back into the past. The way I make decisions doesn’t really work out to my benefit but I have learned from my mistakes and will move on. I have made some good choices such as not partying like I did sophomore year. I really cut out a lot of friends because I knew I wasn’t going down the right path. It was hard to let go of the life style and just move on. This decision really cleaned me up and prepared me for bigger things like college. That decision also leaded me into getting my car which is my pride and joy. Deciding to attend college is another good decision I have made. I have realized that I just want to be happy in my life and doing electrical work won’t make me happy. Even if I go to ACCC it’s a step closer to getting where I want to be in life.
Decision, Decisions. It seems like that’s what our life revolves around. Every step that you take is a decision that your making that can either help you or hurt you. As senior year approached I was very excited but scared at the same time. In nine months we'll be walking in graduation to receive our diploma! Its scary to believe that if you make one wrong decision you can end up going through the wrong path. My past years in high school my family helped and supported me to make some of my decisions. Now that college is approaching, I realized that my family isn’t going to be there holding my hand through every step that I take. It scares me to know that if I make one wrong decision the only person that I will be hurting is myself. I believe that I’ve made some good and bad choices, that I cannot regret because that’s what makes me the person that I am today. But the one decision that I really regret is my lack of participating in sport activities and wonder if that will hurt me when I’m applying the colleges. Since my freshman year I have matured a lot. Even though I’ve lost some of my friends along the way, I believe that it’ll be better for me in the future. Now that I’m getting closer to college, I don’t know if I’m fully prepared. I’m not ready to make big decisions. Right now my big decision is what college will I attend. One decision that I have stuck with for a while is my career choice of majoring in medicine. I believe that I am a thinker. I think about every pro and con before a make a decision. I have an idea of what I need and what needs to be done. This past month all I’ve been planning is what college to go to. Will I like it there? I don’t know until I get there. But all I can do is make the right choices and hope that I’ll succeed. I feel so relieved that I’m planning ahead and not waiting until the last minute to get everything done. It just gets me a step closer to another chapter in my life.
In life decisions are everything and one of the biggest ones we make in our life is what were going to do after High School. Many people think different ways about this situation some just wait till the last minute and decided, some just don’t care and just go with the flow, and some have thought long hard about what their going to do and how their going to do it. I myself am I thinker before I do anything I think about it. If I’m going to do something stupid I stop for a second and think is this going to end badly? I love to think about life and the decisions we have to make and the problems we have there no better way to solve problems then to just think about them. We have made many decisions we have made so far in ours life’s like what kind of person we are, who our friends are, what classes were going to take, and if were going to college. That’s the real important one whether or not were going to college that one decision could change our who lives. And hopefully we all make the right decision for ourselves.
Decisions; we all have to make them and in fact have become quite well acquainted with them throughout our high school careers. And we are about to become even more familiar with them in the next few months as we are forced to decide the direction the rest of our lives will take. Personally I tend to overthink any decision i have to make and wind up agonizing over every possible consequence of my decision. Despite my intense consideration of my choices I usually wind up making a decision at the last minute based entirely on how I feel at that moment.
Big decisions...I tend really make a lot. I guess when i think about it I have it quite easy. But when it came down to picking colleges i didnt even have that much pressure on my shoulders. I know what i want do do, which is be a pharmacist, so i know what my major is, and i know the colleges that i can go to. I just had to do some research and write some things down. I have a class, computing for college, which is great because i have things done that people i know haven't even thought about yet. All i have to do is get my letters of recommendation and ill be set. When it comes to the college atmoshphere then yes, i am a thinker. I feel like im mentally prepared enough to apply to colleges and get everything together that i need.I tend to think about college often, but i have a feeling it's getting in the way of my school work. Really, it's not that hard to handle both, considering college will be 87569786 times what I've ever done. Anyway, big decisions I've made... I don't think I've had many. I have a job, actually two, and i diffinately know whats it's like in the working world, and being around people you never met before. I think I have made the right choices in the people department. I have a great group of friends, and the best thing about it we always hang out with other different groups and never just make it about us. I think i have made terrible decisions with my schoolwork in the past, and i wish i did so much better. It all came down to being very lazy, and I'm sure if i went back and did all the howework i miss my class rank would be about 75 instead of 175. I just have to deal with what i did back then. I'm ready for the hard work in collge. I've always said there was a difference from college and high school and used that as my excuse to be lazy, and have a good time and then buckle down for college. I still agree with that, but I'm sure I could have done a little better. I'm ready for college and life ahead.
Since the first time we walked into Oakcrest, freshman year and sat in are 300 wing homerooms. All we had ever thought about was are senior year and how we couldn't wait for it to come. But it seems like even though it finally here. The time we been waiting for, but I'm as scared than I've ever been. I would surly say I'm an prognosticate. I've only just started to look for colleges to day ago. I know that bad but, i think if don't think about or do it than maybe, that wouldn't come. I know that's a stupid way to think but I've alway been so invived in school, and the sports at the school it just seems worried to have to leave it. So I guess even though I don't what the day to come I now it will and all I can do is be prepared.
Being a senior is scary, it is something we all look foward to as freshman but dont realize how hard it really is until we get there. I don't like all of the responsibility mostly because I like to think things through completly. But there are always small things that you have no control over, which really bothers me. I've had to think about things like college, where im going to live in a few months, and my college major. I have managed to make all of my decisions based on my personal preferance, and the life im living now, and the life I will be living. I wish I was a kindergardner again.
Right off the back I must say I am a thinker. I think so much about my decisions that I stress myself out to the max. Do I put to much importance on my decisions? Maybe some decisions aren’t meant to be thought about? Whether that’s true I’m glad I think before I act and it pays off since I make pretty good decisions. Someone once told me it’s not the decisions you make but what you do after you make them. I agree with that saying. Not every decision will be perfect. Therefore you have to deal with life and the decisions made the best way you can. I think us as teenagers are at a disadvantage because adults have made the decisions for us since we were born. Whether it was what we ate for dinner to what sport we played after school. But now we have to step up to the plate, and the pressure is definitely on. With that said I take my decisions seriously, I weigh options and pick the best decision for myself. That in its self is one hard thing to do. We are so influenced by parents, friends, and teachers that we sometimes forget to make decisions for our self. I recently was dealing with a decision I made over the summer, and one thing about decisions are some maybe be permanent but others can be corrected. After thinking about it I realized that I made the right decision and that I was right people change and I’m happier because I made a decision that wasn’t popular among a few people close to me. Well the decision is made and I dealt with the negatives while embracing the positives. But the future is near and I have fair decision making skills so I’m pretty confident that all my decisions whether right or wrong will make me a better person.
Oh how I hate making decisions especially when I know no matter what choice I make there is still a bad outcome. Even on the regular, everyday choices I have to make I end up having a hard time figuring out what I want. I guess I just don’t want to take total responsibility for something so if it ends up being the wrong choice I don’t get blamed, even though I think I come up with some pretty decent resolutions I don’t really let people know about these ideas. Yet, depending on the situation I can be and usually am any of the stated types of decision makers at any given time. If given the opportunity to think and compare and look at every single possible outcome I guess I would take up the role of the thinker”. Then there are times when I just totally wing it and just go with my first instinctive thought, because to be honest it isn’t possible to ALWAYS be a “thinker” in every situation because the time needed isn’t always available. And of course when the time is needed I can also become what is known as a “spontaneous decision maker” I can’t really recall any moments when I had to make a big decision, which is really kind of annoying and weird considering the fact that all of us confront tons and tons of decisions on a daily basis, ranging from what we want to eat for lunch to if we should cheat on the homework we forgot to do, or if should drop a class because it’s aggravating. I could go on and on about what we have to decide on, but if I had to think of something fairly big that I had to make a decision on it would have to be when I decided to come to Oakcrest.
After I graduated 8th grade my future was basically set, well in the sense that I was going to a private High School where I could probably get to any college I wanted afterward. My choice was between two schools, St. Augustine Prep and St. Joseph High School. I had been accepted to both and was actually looking forward to high school. I finally decided at the end of my 8th grade year I wanted to go to St. Joe’s so we attended the orientation mid-way throughout the summer and ordered my clothes and whatnot. Then about a week later I had a total change of heart. I suppose it was because I despised most of the students I went to St. Vincent de Paul with since I saw them each and every day, and about 97% of them were going to St. Joe’s. Also, all of my friends that I had at the time went to Davies and they were going to Oakcrest the following year and I saw it as a chance to finally be able to see them and share a High School Experience with them all. When I informed my parents of my choice they were hysterical. My mom started freaking out and both of them thought I would go nowhere at the Oak. They said if I got anything lower than a C they would pull me out and off to a private school I would go. I agreed with the possible repercussions and took a shot with this good ol’ school. To make my experience here as short as possible I will say this. I believe that I have accomplished so much more at Oakcrest then I would anywhere else, because I enjoyed going there each and every day rather than hating school and the people in it. I have done nothing but met amazing new people every single day, who I know have made my life so much better than I could’ve ever imagined. And I believe that I still can go to a good college, because it doesn’t matter where you go, only about who you are and much you want to succeed. So in essence I believe that the biggest choice I ever had to make turned out to be the best choice I ever made and I regret nothing.
Since the first day I entered high school, I always thought about my future. But for some strange reason, untill this day, I still dont know what I want to do with my life. I trully dont think I know how to handle makeing big decisions for my life. I think it's because of all the presure, just knowing that im going to be alone in this cold world. I feel like I have the whole world on my sholders. Like, I know what I need to do to survive in life, its just that im not ready to do it all by myself. Going to college alone, will be one of the biggest achivements i've ever done in my life. Sometimes you just have to run before you can walk.
Life is all about making decisions. The decisions you make write the book of your life. So when it comes to making a decision I would consider myself a "thinker." I try to think every possibility out until I find the one that benefits me the most. Before I became a "thinker" I was more of a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants kind of guy. I used to do whatever it takes to just to get by. As a result I got grades that just got me by. Unfortunately, these grades did not show what I was truly capable of. At that point of time I never thought that what I was doing was going to help make or break me. By the time I became a junior in high school I got my act together. I started making decisions that would benefit me. I would do things like pay attention in class more, and making sure I got my work done. Once I did that school seemed to come easier to me, and I passed tests with flying colors. I had straight A's in all my classes. "Nobody could tell me anything!" Now it is my senior year in high school. This is the time when I start making decisions that might write off the rest of my life. Most of my last decisions do not amount out to the decisions I will be making for now on. I have to start making the right decisions on some of the most important tests like the SAT. I have to start looking at a school will I spend a portion of my life at. Not only that, but at the age of 17 I am suppose to know what I am going to do for a living, pick what I am going to major in at college. Everything it coming at me fast, I have to be on point and make the right decisions.
I definitely try my hardest to be a thinker.I believe that steady wins the race in the long run. I am for the most part cautious before I do something. I have found that if I rush in to things they tend to end up bad but there are some times that making a decision off the top of my head pay. Right now I am facing the biggest decision in my life right now college of course. I will probably go about this decision just like I do with all of the life changing ones. The first and most important part is that I talk to my parents long and in detail about my options in this case which colleges I will apply to, how I am going to pay for it and what I am going to do when I get there. Then I talk about the same things with my brother because his opinion is something that I way heavily in my decisions. After I talk with these people I seem to make good decisions. For less important things like if I am going to do my english homework that night I quickly make a decison with no help necessary. I usually still make a better decision though if I think and have the assistance of my family. So far I have only had to make afew big choices in my life so far. One very important choice was deciding to go to college eventhough I have thought about going eversince I knew what college was. There was one decision though that I made on the spot two years ago that I think might of been one of the smartest that I have ever made. I chose stock market class thinking it was going to be stupid and that I would have no fun. I have never been more wrong I loved going into class everyday and learing about different retirenment funds and college savings plans. Now that I have learned these things I will be in a good position in the future and so will my kids when they go off to college. I am also really thinking about minoring in stock market and investment in college. I hope that I'm ready for college but I will have to wait and see.
I am definitely the kind of person who makes last second decisions. For example, I am making the decision to do this blog, two hours before it is due. I have not made too many big decisions in my life yet, except for coming to Oakcrest. I do have many decisions coming up though. Am I going to college? Which college? What am I going to major in? What am I going to do after college? I do have some answers to these questions because I am defiantly going to college and majoring in finance. I have some colleges narrowed down, but none are for sure. After college I hope to work on Wall Street, but I could always change my mind at the last second. I always make my decisions at the last second because I know for a fact that I perform better under pressure which is why I will never turn in anything early. If I do turn in something early, it will not be as good because there was no pressure on me which is why I am doing this blog right now.
Ever since i can remember I always thought out my major decisions. I consider myself a thinker. A major decision had had to make was whether I would stay in New Jersey for my senior year or down in Texas. I decided to stay in New Jersey because of my family and my friends. If I stayed down there I would have to make new friends and maybe forgo the 08-09 basketball season. I thought out my decision and understood what I was doing. Another decision was whether I wanted to move to New Jersey or to Alaska. My stepfather asked my opinion on where I wanted to live. I chose New Jersey. I am happy that I chose it because it has become a wonderful experience in my life. Those are just a few important decisions I had to make in my life so far.
ilike to alway plan my future. And when i do that everythng turns out good.i like thinking about my future and what iam going to be when i grow up. i am a thnker and i love to think about the decisions that i make in my life. for example i think about being with the righ friends and making good choices like not to smoke or drink and just be myself. i also have made alot of decisions in my life but this one is big. i think about college alot. i think about leaving all of my friends. hearing the word college makes me sceared and wonder alot because every body is talking about how u have to be fast to get to class and always be on time and that some professors dont care if you come to class or not and that makes me feel like staying in highschool and be with my friends and where teachers do care if yo came to class or not. i decided to stay with my family in jersey and go to college and be what i want to be. this is what my family want for me and iam gonna make it happen. alli know is that i going to make sure that i become a denal hygiene and go to a 2 year college so my family can be proud and so i can be someone when i grow up.
i have made possibly the larget desision of my life in just the last year, and that is to apply for that United States Air Force Academy. This is not only an amazing school it is also the base of what i want to do for the rest of my life. The funny thing is that i know what career i'm going to be going into, and that is to be in our Air Force. To be more specific a Pararescue Jumper. To some people this is crazy and right on the edge of the world. Jumping out of a perfectly good airplane into the water in full scuba gear than swimming to the shore un detected in order to save some men's lives, but that is exacly where i want to be. But back to the Academy. I would do anything in order to be an Academy cadet for the year 2013. Not only is this an amazing education but also this is the base for my Air Force career. Not only do I come out as a college grad i go from Blake Carlton to 2nd Lt. Carlton of the United States Air Force. The main desision that i'm faced with everyday is "is all the work i'm doing going to be worth all the effort i'm putting into it" and the answer i always give myself is of course. I have to have this drive in myself in order to keep pushing myself forward.
P.S. as a side note Ms. Bunje. Your saving me with all this SAT prep your going to be giving us because i want/need to get my score up to at least a 1200 to even have a chance but i want at least a 1300 so i just want to thank you in advance =]
Decisions are hardly ever easy not even the little ones. It's funny how people struggle even in decisions such as what should i wear today or what color should i color this picture. It sounds funny but its so true we struggle for minor choices that need to made and when the big ones cross our paths we freeze. I am a spontaneous go with the flow type of girl who never really cares much for minor details but when it comes to things that really matter i kind of don't know how to act. IT sounds kind of lazy of me and i supose it sounds sort of childish of me, but when the going gets decisions get tough i sometimes wish someone else could make them for me. So when it comes to me and decision making were like oil and water we just dont mix. Im the kind of throw a dart at a chart , cross your fingers and hope for the best type of person. Some of the biggest choices i have had to make in my shortlife thus far were in one occasion to fight or fly from a certain situation i chose to fight litteraly and ended up in court later on in life i had to choose between continue my party hardy life of self destruction to an all too certain death or trade in my sorrows and pain to pick up my own cross and follow Christ. I struggled to make that decision, but i did i chose to follow christ but i don't regret it for a minute. All other decisions i have made have been minor. I know plenty more are yet to come
When I come to a big decision in my life I usually tell my mom about it then ask for advice. Then I’ll call other people that I think that had to make the same decision that I have to make and ask them for their advice For example my grandmother, godmother of my friends. Once I consume their aspect on the situation I make my own decision. And before I make that one decision I ask my self how is this going to affect me in the long run, day by day, in my school life, baiscly my surroundings. Then I follow through with my decisions and I pray for the best. I am a thinker and I think that being a thinker works best for me because I don’t like to be hit with surprises. I don’t like to not what going on around me or in general. One big decision I have made in my life so far is letting all types of feelings for my father go. I don’t want to get in detail about that. But let’s just say that letting him go helped and changed my perspective on male and love. Another is letting majority of my friends go and not getting to much involved with them or new ones. Jut because of the fact of their drama.
When it comes to decisions and decision-making I am definitely a thinker. Sometimes I think I think too much. I always seem to second-guess myself and even second-guess my second guess, if that makes sense. I wish I could be one of those spontaneous decision makers because maybe then I could relax instead of wondering whether or not I made the right decision. Although I do wish to be more spontaneous maybe it is better that I think before I act. I have gotten through life so far based on the decisions that I’ve made and put so much thought into. Even though some of those decisions I may regret and wish I could change, I can’t, and that’s just how life is. There is no pause or rewind button, only play.
Post a Comment