Sunday, May 17, 2009

A Senior Moment....

The countdown has begun. Two weeks til your finals and then...your future awaits.
Wow.

Well, before we move forward, let's look back. What was your favorite moment of each of your 4 years here at the Oak?

Simple, direct and honest. Everything a blog post should be!

(substantive response/50pts)

43 comments:

Anonymous said...

High school for me went quick. I can still remember freshmen year like it was yesterday. No air conditioning, crowded hallways, could never find my locker or where I was going but actually liked coming to school. I had THE BEST first and second period English and history cohort. My teachers were Mr. Weisback and Mr. Gallagher. My classes were easy, my day was a breeze and I really didn’t mind waking up to come to sunny Oakcrest High School. And, I was on the girl’s basketball team! That was a joke. Everybody knows how unathletic I am. I enjoyed coming to school.
Sophomore year was okay too. My classes were still good. I was in some cool new teacher’s class named Miss Bunje that nobody knew but everyone wanted as a teacher. I almost read an entire book cover to cover for the first time in my life. Mr. Youngblood’s science class became a comedy show. Dominick, Chris, and Ray made it worth showing up. School was still fun. I was even in an activity (spring track manager)! And Dumebi and I were the Chili Cookoff Champions in Mr. Erney’s class and even got our own trophies!
Junior year things changed. I wasn’t as enthusiastic in getting my work done. I started being late for school, leaving early, or just not coming at all. But surprisingly, I didn’t mind Mr. Jacoby’s history class, and I am not a fan of history. My classmates in Mr. Kearsley’s class made my day. There were always laughs in that class. And I always looked forward to going to Mr. Hearn’s social psychology class. It was classes like those that kept me motivated on coming to school. Prom was a year highlight.
Senior year is here! And although in the beginning it seemed like it would take forever to be June, it went quick! But then again, leaving at 10:50 everyday probably definitely helped the time pass. Leaving early was a big plus for me. English is the only class that stressed me, but I am passing for the year :) Graduation is going to be the best feeling ever!

melissa gu said...

Well let’s see, a favorite moment way back in freshman year. Well the only one I can remember is my first prep rally. At the time I had never in my life had a prep rally and to me it was much fun, I got to sit and talk with all my friends and watch people dance and do all sorts of tricks. Now a day, I can stand going to a prep rally, good thing for votech. A moment for sophomore year would be, well I think this was during sophomore year, when I went on a field trip to Valley Forge, it was so much fun because Mr. Costal was on the field trip and we got to shop in the King of Prussia Mall. Also I will never forget this, but on the field trip because there were reenactments that had to deal with horses there was also a lot of poop and when we were walking some girl wasn’t watching were she was going and step in a huge pile a horse poop , that was funny. A junior moment, I know you said a favorite moment at the Oak but this moment made me feel so proud of myself, would have to be a week after I started votech I got to sew my first project and it was a pillow I was so proud of myself that I could actually sew on the big scary sew machines. I can remember when I had to bring it home a whole bunch of people at Oakcrest were touching it and asking me a whole bunch of questions about votech and sewing which annoyed me, but I still was proud of myself. Finally my favorite senior moment would have to be when I went on a field trip for NHS to ACSS which is a school for the mental disable, the field trip was near Christmas time and when we went we had little table with projects for them to do, like glitter art and bracelet making. Well, the table I was at was the face painting table and I had so much fun when I did their faces and when they would get so happy with just a little face painting.

Niah Grimes said...

Okay favorite moments…Let’s take it back to freshmen year. My favorite moment of freshmen year would have to be on the track after winning county championships. This is the last time I was truly happy, and I worked really hard that year. We all took a victory lap around the track, what really made the moment great was being surrounded by people who admired hard work and being recognized for it.

Sophomore year was an okay year my favorite moment would be kissing Jason on Valentine’s Day. It was classic like out of a movie. We were ending our date and as we began to kiss little snow flurries started to fall. It was romantic definitely a favorite moment because I wish I could live my life like it was a movie, everything controlled and perfect (as far as the romantic aspect of my life, not any other part).

Junior year was an extremely rough year not many favorite moments, but I did accumulate a lot of worst moments. If I had to choose a favorite moment it would be the bus ride home from D.C./ Baltimore, I didn’t know it then but I was falling in love. Too bad it ended sadly, the love part not the trip.

And last but not least senior year. There are so many moments to choose from but none like the moment at prom when I won queen. Hello every girl wishes to be prom queen; it was my high school wish come true. I’ll never forget that night.

This blog unlike others was easy; I can’t believe I’m graduating Ms. Bunje, can you?

BlakeR said...

Man freshman year seems so long ago, maybe because it was. I remember coming in first day of school going out with Devon, and known as little Jeff or little tac. I was also confused about the things I had to get done first like switching my classes to meeting up with my friends in the hall way. I do not believe I have a favorite moment of freshman year, but I was just excited for the change of schools.

Sophmore came and I was more excited than freshman year because I was not the "Under classmen" but still was looked down on. I was still with Devon, but things were changing half way through my sophmore year with us. When football season ended I was looking forward to get in the weight room and make something of myself for the next season as a junior. I did everything I could possible and made a lot of new friends and got closer with ones I already had and also the coaches. I also broke up with Devon and got a new girlfriend way too quick I think and she was serious and I wasn’t so it was a waste. That was not my favorite part at all. Also this was the year that Me Vin Wilkes John and our friend Grandma all became very very close and hung out all the time. We always found something to do and we were never bored it was great. Going to weight room, Getting close with my friends, were the two best things that happened my sophmore year, next to my brother graduating and finally I wouldn’t be known as "little Tac".

Junior year was by far my favorite year of high school. Everything was in place and everything was going so well for me. Football was going very well for me and you know that’s all that matters to me. I couldn’t ask for more in that area. Also with football came friends and our group was still together and we all had lunch so we always just talked about doing stuff. The best part was also that none of us really had "girl friends" so there was never that problem of one of us ditching each other like this year, but we still hang out. Junior year football was more than enough to make my year, but I also started to hang out with Kelsey vin and other people that I would never even dream of hanging out with. Without them I think my year would have been fine, but with them it was amazing.

Senior year is definitely not what I imagined it to be, I thought that I would have to come in this year have the same or better year I did in football, not have any problems with friends or family. I got hurt early in the season and missed a couple of games. Everyone in my group got a girlfriend so we all have changed, and with college coming up my dad has been killing me to get stuff done for it when I don't want to. But with the bad parts of senior year there are some good, my favorite part is that I am getting away from high school, and all the drama that goes on in it. I also like that I go out with a new girl that I really like. And I am very close friends with Christine and Kelsey. I am basically with them every weekend and we always have a blast. Senior year was not my favorite year though.

Mia said...

Let’s see, I don’t think I have a favorite moment for each year. I think I have a favorite time period instead, if that makes any sense. My favorite moment my freshman year would have to have been the time I stayed after school till like 8 with sum friends working on a project and ordered food to feed like twenty. We ordered pizza Chinese..it was pretty ridiculous. In my sophomore year I had a lot of good moments, but it’s hard to choose which my favorite was. I think it would have to have been my dance class, when I met one of my best friends. The times we had in that class made sophomore year the greatest. It was the only class I looked forward too. My junior year, my favorite moment would have to have been my English class. Although didn’t learn much the times I had in that class were pretty remember able. And lastly my favorite moment of this year was both the dance concerts. That’s will be two moments this year I will never forget and I will truly miss. I put together to pieces, one for each show, and it came out pretty good. There really aren’t specific moments in each year I could get in deep detail with, because the moments were time periods yak no? And most of the things I loved about those years occurred outside of Oakcrest. So yea kind of makes it a litlle harder.

jesskeating. said...

Everyone keeps saying how easy this blog question is, but I feel so dumb because this is actually really hard for me. Go figure. Ive had so many more bad memories during high school that I can barely even remember the good ones.

Freshman year, all I can remember is filling up my school days writing notes and drawing pictures constantly with my best friend Tegan. We always seemed to have the most ridiculous things to talk about and our minds are both so unique that our drawings would be insane. I also became really close with Allison Bertolino. It was good to be able to have someone else to confide in and have another opinion other than Tegan.

Sophomore year, all I did was read read read and read. Whenever a teacher would tell the class to take out our books, I took that into my own context and grabbed my leisure book instead. Somehow, my grades that year turned out to be the best ones out of all four years. This was also the year that I became a vegetarian.

Junior year was the worst year for me. Mr. Cervi was the only person who made that year for me. He opened my mind to history, which I HATED, and now I love some aspects of it. He was also another friendly face that I know cared which helped me after losing all of my friends.

The only thing that has kept my sane this whole year has been art and Mrs. Miller. Constantly going there whenever I could just to paint or talk to her really was the only chance that I got to be myself. I had no reason to hide in the art room especially since most of the kids in there share the same passion as me. I've always loved art, but it was her class that made me obsessed with it.

Nancy M said...

Graduation is right around the corner and I guess it still hasn't hit me yet. I'm not sad to leave Oakcrest and I'm not scared about what awaits me at college. I guess when we're walking out on the football field I'll be flooded with emotions. I have to say though that my four years at the Oak we're pretty good. Ahhh freshman year...what to say about that lol. First year of high schoo, everything is still new and exciting. I remember being so excited to wake up for school every morning to have another beautiful day at the oak (wish I still felt the same about that lol). I never missed a day of school, I swore I was cool and no one could tell me anything. I think the best part was meeting so many new people. I had honors classes freshman year so I got to be friends with the smart kids, I was in the new spanish heritage class so I got to meet so many hispanic kids from so many different countries, I got to meet my boyfriend that I'm still with now. Freshman year was probably the best year for me. Everything was easy and I had no worries about anything.
Sophmore year is kinda a blur. Nothing exciting really happened that year except I got to go to prom for the first time. Sophmore year was kina a joke, my classes were boring, I didn't really care for my teachers (mr pohlig mr mcconahey).
Junior year thibgs started getting rough. I started working at mc donalds during the school year so those days of sittin at home doing nothing and going to bed at 9 were over. I started being tired for school and not that excited to go. it didn't help that my sister was a senior and her senioritis started to wear off on me. Whenever she decided she wasn't going to school I figured I shouldn't have to either. Juinor year was a easy fun year for me once hspas were over and after I quit mc donalds I didn't have to worry about anything. I basically relaxed for the rest of the year and just focused in school and got good grades.I remember going to project graduation with my sister and thinking oh my god I can't wait to graduate too.
Now for the big senior year. Senioritis big time. In the beginning of september I bought my purple mustang that I just had to have which meant I was going to have to get a job to pay fir the insurance so I started working at marshalls part time but it really was a full time job almost 40 hour weeks. I was so tired in the mornings when it was time to get up so I just wouldn't come to school.my grades started slipping and to be honest I stopped caring. My sister and my boyfriend already graduated and I just couldn't stand being in high school.but then I realized my senior year will probably be the last time ill be able to spend time with the friends I made over the 4 years since every one is going to college somewhere different. I decided I was going to make the best of my senior year and try to relax and enjoy my last year. I have to say oakcrest has been good to me and it really does feel like it was just yestersay when I was freaking out because I didn't know where the 200 wing was. I will miss oakcrest even though sometimes I don't want to admit it. I'll have so many great memories.

ash tharp said...

well i can't blieve it bunje it the first question that is simple and to the point. i knew you could do it lol. but lets get to it then
wow it actually a little hard to remeber back to feshman year but i can remeber coming into a new school with my best friend kelsey but we weren't actually nervous becasue we were good friend with alot of senior and junior at the time. but i haver to admit i was a little trouble maker but if i had to pick a time that was my favorite was when me and kelsey were in mrs.corey class which was the cooking/sewing with all our homies and mrs. corey took me and kelsey to the side and told us we were her favorite students until we were hanging with our home boys. man we did so many stunt to mess with mrs. corey it was hilarous.
next we move into sophomore class it was an easy year. i actually loves all my classes except having qym right after lunch man did my stomach hurt running with a full stomach but if i had to choose my favorite time was when my one science teacher told me that i would never be able to sneak by him to get into lunch and after my thrid time trying i succeed and i walked up to him when lunch was done and i told him that i enjoyed having tweo lunches in a day. he dropped his jaw with a puzzled face and asked me how i got in and i responed by saying walking right next to you. the next day he played a prank on me by having a cut slip in my hand saying i have 5days of inschool det. he had this all planned out with kelsey. i won't lie he had me but thats one good time i had.
now on to junior year, this was my hardest year yet because this was the year that i got hardcore with the drugs and partying and i was disappointed in the begginning becasue my grades dropped and i hate that with a strong passion. but when i got myself together i worked my butt off to bring my grades up and there is this one thing that lifted my spirts to the sky and it was in english class. in Ms.Cash's class we were reading the color purple and for our test it was to write the best essay dealing with the book and when we got our grades back she came up to me and made me stood up becasue she told me in front of the class out of my whole years of teaching i have never seeb or read anybody who has ever written an amazing essay on this topic since its the hardest one to respond to but she told me that my essay sounded like a professional author wrote. i couldn't believe that me who actually think that english is my worse subject get that kind of respect for my writing.
last but not least, i can't belive that its finally here but my senior year. actually nothing really nothing exciting has happen but except in votech which my chef from my internship for the casino called my chef and pretty much begged me to cvome back whick i was more then excited to do. but there is one thing that was wrong to me. everyone tells you that senior year is the eaiest year of them all but that is a lie well at least if you have you bunje you made this year the hardest year of my high school career but i can at least say that i am getting more better at presentations then ehat i was in the beginning. but i will miss oakcrest even though it is one of the worst high school in south new jersey but i have so many memories in it that i will never forget. but i am ready to say goodbye.

JessL said...

High school was one incredible experience and each year was very different. Freshman year was probably one of the best. Coming from Mullica, I didn’t know many people so it was a lot of fun meeting new kids and trying out new friends. I met a lot of people who some are still my greatest friends today. Freshman year was hard to adjust to work-wise, but I feel like it helped prepare me for the following years. I remember the honors biology class trips we took a lot. They were probably one of the best things about freshman year that I could remember. I had a lot of friends and it was just so much fun and innocence.
Sophomore year was the worst. You were stuck in the limbo of being fresh and having new people around and being able to go out whenever. Everyone’s face was familiar and there was no excitement to meet new people and you were too young to drive wherever you wanted and do whatever you wanted. But I got in a lot of trouble sophomore year. I was suspended a few days, got in trouble with the law, and had a lot of different guys I cheated on each one for. It was a mess and I really hated myself from sophomore year. I think because of the difficult limbo of being new and being independent was hard and I didn’t know who I was, so I did a lot of things I shouldn’t have. I have no greatest memories from sophomore year and I often try to forget about it.
Junior year was so great. I got my license in November so I went out as much as possible for that whole year. Met a lot of new people outside of Oakcrest and just pretty much had tons and tons of fun. Spring break was the best. My best friend from Hammonton took me to some college parties where I met this amazing guy, which is actually her half-brother. And well, I’ve been with him ever since! So I spent the rest of junior year with him until he went back to college in August. Returned to some more partying every weekend met so many people and fell back into some old habits a little, but I got to visit my boyfriend here and there so that made it all better.
Senior year was like junior year, but I fell into a different crowd of people and I’ve calmed myself down because my boyfriend gave me morals. It’s been pretty sweet and I don’t want to say what I spend most of my free time doing, so yeah. Senior year was tons of fun and a lot of stupid moments. I don’t have any regrets from my high school life though. I got to fulfill the high school experience.

S.Ryan L said...

Lets start from the beginning, freshman year. I will always remember cross country because it was hell. I hated going to practice and I missed spending my time at the skating rink. I worked through it and made a lot of new friends. There was one person that really made my freshman year awesome and that was Ish. Ish was the person that I was with all day. We had lunch together and we would stay after school to lift. I sadly never got big but Ish seem to grow every week. He was like an older brother and watched my back.
Sophomore year was a blast.There was no lifting ha to be honest it was the opposite. I joined a band and we played shows all around the area. It was pretty ridiculous and I will always remember those late nights. I didn't have many memories at oak because I just didn't like the people in my classes. I did have bunjes class which was cool but I wasn't ready for the work load! There is one thing I will remember and that's how Mr. E explained the Boston Tea Party
Junior year I enrolled into ACIT and I was excited for the change. I will be honest, I didn't enjoy high school like other kids did. I was preparing myself for the workforce and becoming a electrician. I was ready to grow up and get out of high school. I will remember meeting Sarah who was my girlfriend at the time. She was a cool girl until she did drugs.(Kidding)I got my license!! That was a high point of my life because I already had the sexy car. I will also remember going to the hunted church and getting my car stuck in a ditch. ( it wasn't funny at the time.)
Senior year went by fast and I m happy how its ending. To start I was really pumped for Bunjes English class because I knew it was going to be a challenge. I made decisions that really affected my life like not becoming an electrician. I made a new friend nacy which has been someone really chill to talk to. I lost a close friend because I realized he is never going to change. HMM I don't know what else I can add to this. I m really looking forward to the future and what it has to offer.

Jepson!!!!!!!!! said...

Freshman year was really fun for me. I had a breeze in all of my classes, and a lot of my friends were still around. I really wasn't at all sick and tired of oakcrest. I was kinda excited to be honest. But I prolly partied too hard for my own good.

Sophomore year my classes weren't too bad, besides my science. Alot of my friends were still around, and the party life continued. I would tell you my favorite moment if i could remember any, haha.

Junior year was very bitter sweet. MY summer before was so crazy, and I was still partying hard through spring. The rules at oak had become exponentially more retarded. It was nice getting my license, because ever since i've been able to go out and have fun, and hold a job so i can get my paper up. After winter break, my partying had begun to slow down, at least with the intense stuff haha. Later during the winter me and Kelly started dating, and I had no clue we'd still be together now, but i'm happy the way things turned out.

Senior year. Boredom. I'm finally completely annoyed at the fact that i cant go about my life in a normal fashion because of all the rules, and enforcements at oak. Learned to snowboard during the winter. worked. spring is here, and I'm definitely ready to free up some of my time, and make some money. favorite moment of senior year? joining bunje's class :)

Anonymous said...

Wowwwwwww... !!! So we're almost done high school. C-raziness. I really never thought it would even come so soon but it has !! Frick. So many decisions has to be made and I am the queen of procrastination and contradiction. Thinking about how awesome it is to never have to wake up and going to school at 7:20 in the morning unless you choose to. No more restrictions. No more worrying about kiddie drama. But no more freebies, no more excuses. I have to grow up now and be the responsible adult I didn't think I'd have to be for another 18 million years but that 18 million years have come and I must reminisce *sigh*

Since I didn't go to Oak the past four years, I guess I'll pick a favorite moment from each year and each school I went to...

My first six months of freshman year, I went to Charter Tech High School. It affected my schooling six months after that because I had the chance to Julliards and I messed up by picking a bunch of cancer sticks and brain tumor smoke instead of my once pure raw talent of music, I had the chance of a clean discipline record but chose to stand up for my values and morals instead of respecting my peers who there talked more trashs than any other school I've ever been to... he ended up in the E.R. and I ended up expelled hence no Holy Spirit for me. Good memory though, seriously. THAT was a really good memory. (haha) wish you were in my head for that.

The next year and a half was my favorite because I never went to school and still managed a 92-97 GPA because it was Atlantic City High School. Awesome, right? Wrong. I wish I would've taken advantage of that school instead of walking out after 4th period as many days as I could. I had photography, journalism, a great volleyball, hockey, and crew team, teachers who actually cared and I walked out as much as I could everyday because I thought I was a badass... but I got street smart instead, most of it I would've traded for being booksmart any day. It was still good memories though regardless, but still. My favorite school forever.

Then goes La Oakcrest. I never met a school that spreaded rumors as quick as wildfire but once you meet and hang out with the right people, it made school not too bad anymore. My favorite memory had to be the end of my sophomore and beginning of junior year when I hung out with, presently alumnis, Lorislee, Jessica, and Aiko. When I met and hung out with from people like Sarah Brockenberry to Xander Paralejo. There goes the origin of my Pokemon name. I am Pikachu =^-^= I met several awesome teachers such as yourself that I don't think I could ever forget, talks I will never forget... oh and Cash and Dewitt and Dunn too. There were good memories, classes I looked forward going to (BUNJE'S FIRST PERIOD :D except on test days but i still came !!!)


and finally, Vo-tech. I'm finally done ! Mygod. 2 years and hopefully I somewhat became girly enough for my mother to approve of me. Cosmetology, you learn a lot more than you think. I hated learning math. I hated biology and anatomy. And that's what it was more about than people thought. My favorite part about that school? You walk into class and you get your hair did, your nails done, and by 2:30 when everyone else in a regular school would be sweating balls from gym class... you'd be lookin' so fresh. hahah. just kidding but it is kind of sort of true though, i guess that's a good perk, and memory of that school :)

kelso said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kelso said...

Trying to date back all the way to fresman year is a bit tough. I remember the first day of highschool, it was so nerve wrecking for me, I'm not a big talker at first. I remember having a best friend there who was a junior already so his friends became my friends. However, the one thing i will always remeber from freshman year is when i had to go to school with a black eye all because of Ashley. I remember all my teachers feeling sorry for me and the kids staring and pointing at it. My friend even told everyone i got beat up, how enlightening. That was pretty embarrassing.

Sophomore year there is really just one class I remember, and that was homec. Ash and I got in trouble evryday in that class but I must say it was the funniest and the best class I ever had. I would leave that class everyday in tears from laughing so hard. I had marker fights and water fights with friends I met in that class. Also, that year was my first time i have ever gotten straihgt A's and for all 4 marking periods...It reall was my BEST year of highschool.

Now for junior year, I don't remember much. I remember all the work I had to do..ughh.I didn't have many good memories especially towards the end of the year. I had a whole bunch of problems with friends and family. It was a tough one, but my favorite thing about junior year was lab days for chemisrty with Mr. Kearsley and his wandering eye..hehe..no offense..those days were always fun.

Ahh senior year, it finally came and now its almost to a close. We graduate in about 3 weeks and our lives will soon begin. We finally get to feel what it is like to be an adult and be on our own. This year has been the most stressful for me, between school work and work but I have learned more about myself in this past year than any other year and I love the person that I am today. Even though english class was tough I always look forward to each and everyday I get to be there. I love listening to all the advice on life to the whacky stories everyone has, I always paid attention to what you have to say bunje as well as the class. It makes me see other sides of things. Plus, we can say almost anything in your class and not get in trouble no matter the subject..awsome. This is what I remember the most of my senior year.

P.S- if you teach english at ACCC, I look forward to having you as my teacher again even though the work is tough, but thats ok, I'll survive.

Javahn B said...

Hhhmmmm.......well, lets see.. My first year at oakcrest was a great experience. I was the "new boy" to everyone at oakcrest. mostly everyone knew eachother from Davies, but I came from pleasant ville middle school, so i was uncomfortable being around a whole bunch of new faces. I did have my cousin Hassan with me, so i was good. But Im peased to say that my favorite moment during my freshman year, was when i experienced my first love. It finally let me find out what love really feels like. Let me tell you, it hurts like hell. That relationship put me through so much stress and heartace, i had no choice but to figure out how to handle my situations more responsible. Without that experience i thin k i wouldnt know how to be in a relationship right now. Which im in at this moment, and im happy to say that its goin perfect as of now.

I did not attend oakcrest my sophmore year. During the summer heading to my sophmore year i was forced by my mom and my grandparents to move to atlanta. Sad to say that everything didnt go well in atlanta (I knew it wasnt going to work out from the begining anyway). The first two months i was in atlanta, i've gotten into a fight, kicked out of school, put on probation, and had to attend alternative school untill January. Lets just say that that was one of my worst moments, rather than one of my best moments.
My junior year was ok, it wasnt so great. I returned to oakcrest my junior year. My favorite moment my junior year was sneaking into the senior project graduation. I wasnt envited, so my friends and i decided to sneal in. It was worth it.
Senior year, well this year has been so fun. Iguess that it just feels like i have more privelges for some strange reason. I think its that senioritst kicking in. But so far my faviorite moment was prom, and finding the new love of my life. Oo, and i cant forget about getting accepted to multiple colleges. I never thought that would of happend. But the best is yet to come.

Javahn B said...

Hhhmmmm.......well, lets see.. My first year at oakcrest was a great experience. I was the "new boy" to everyone at oakcrest. mostly everyone knew eachother from Davies, but I came from pleasant ville middle school, so i was uncomfortable being around a whole bunch of new faces. I did have my cousin Hassan with me, so i was good. But Im peased to say that my favorite moment during my freshman year, was when i experienced my first love. It finally let me find out what love really feels like. Let me tell you, it hurts like hell. That relationship put me through so much stress and heartace, i had no choice but to figure out how to handle my situations more responsible. Without that experience i thin k i wouldnt know how to be in a relationship right now. Which im in at this moment, and im happy to say that its goin perfect as of now.

I did not attend oakcrest my sophmore year. During the summer heading to my sophmore year i was forced by my mom and my grandparents to move to atlanta. Sad to say that everything didnt go well in atlanta (I knew it wasnt going to work out from the begining anyway). The first two months i was in atlanta, i've gotten into a fight, kicked out of school, put on probation, and had to attend alternative school untill January. Lets just say that that was one of my worst moments, rather than one of my best moments.
My junior year was ok, it wasnt so great. I returned to oakcrest my junior year. My favorite moment my junior year was sneaking into the senior project graduation. I wasnt envited, so my friends and i decided to sneal in. It was worth it.
Senior year, well this year has been so fun. Iguess that it just feels like i have more privelges for some strange reason. I think its that senioritst kicking in. But so far my faviorite moment was prom, and finding the new love of my life. Oo, and i cant forget about getting accepted to multiple colleges. I never thought that would of happend. But the best is yet to come.

Anonymous said...

Freshman year… wow that was a long time ago. I remember I had the coolest bio class. That was when and where Nancy taught me the words to “Check up on it” … it goes… “dip it, pop it, twork it, stop it”… it took me forever to say that in the right order. But I swear I will never forget it now. And I also remember health class with Mrs. Welsh (well… Selso now). I remember doing a project about drugs and how I really didn’t know anything about them. And that is when I met this girl Bacon. Well, that’s what we called her. I can’t even remember her real name.

Sophomore year I remember being in a lot of sweet sixteen’s. Like Sweet fifteens for Spanish people with dancing salsa, merrangue (sp), and bachata. I used to dance all the time. Probably every day. But not so much anymore. Sophomore year I also was a back up dancer for Tina Jenkins ( professional gospel hip-hop artist)

Junior year I met the love of my life. The whole last I spent it with him, and basically only him. People asked me if I regret it… spending all my time with him. But I can honestly say I don’t. Within the past one year and nine months, I didn’t see Rodney a total of about one week. And every time I saw him it was fun and we were, and are, still happy . 

Senior year… this year. Varsity girls soccer went ALL THE WAY to the STATE FINALS this year! That was the highlight of my high school career. And when we got there, we didn’t even lose as bad as we thought. The final score was only 2-0 and the two goals were scored in the first ten minutes of the first half.
I spent a lot of time fundraising for Rodney to go to Sweden. Also a lot of time working to pay for college. I work six days a week and am tired ALL the time, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

My high school experiences taught me a lot; the drama, the things I learned, the people I met, and the few people I will keep in touch with.
Thanks Bunk for a great year!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I wasn't here at Oak for freshman year, so I guess I'll start off with my sophmore year. The most funniest moments were in period one spanish. Practically, we were doing whatever we wanted. The teacher at the time wasn't really teaching us anything because she had technically got fired from Oakcrest. After she had left, we had a guy named Mr.Nivar who we would make fun of everyday. To start off, he was spanish and couldn't even spell spanish correctly. Everytime someone did something that he didn't like, he would tell the person that they are getting a cut slip or detention which everyone took as a joke. Also the second funniest class was Jungblut's. My friend and me would always making jokes about a couple of guys in the class who shall remain nameless. One thing I remember that happened in the class was how Jungblut's voice always squeaked and how he almost broke the table. Gym was fun for the first making period because I had soccer, and I was the only girl that was playing. On our team was two exchange students from Brazil which were totally hot.The last period I had during that year was math. It was fun but also boring at the same time because after gym, I was just ready to leave and go home. Junior year was much better than sophmore year. The funniest things happened in lunch and Kearsley's class. I loved the labs we did, especially the one where we made ice cream. Oh! and I can't forget when the fire alarm kept going off in the school because of our classroom; that was really annoying. Aside from that, I loved Kearsely's class because it was the easiest and I would get in some sleep everyday. Mrs. Kane's history class was also very fun with Matt Gorsky in it.Mrs. Kane and him were always going back and forth. In Ms.Cash's class I remember how Dominic would always take his shoes off and then put his feet on me just because he knew I didn't like. Eww,that was really disguisting.Finally senior year!!! This went by really fast. I have a lot of memories with my friends at Votech and and the Oak. We've grown really close and I don't want the end to year now. There was Ari and her Juan on Juan joke, Melissa and the weird things she would say,and Tinika and me acting goofy in lunch every single day. I'm a little sad to see it all end..

Kirsten A said...

To start things off since I didn’t go to oak my freshman year I don’t have a memory of it but I would have to say that I truly regret not going here my freshmen year I don’t know what I was thinking. But, my favorite memory of my first year of high school would have to be meeting one of my best friends Kearstin. I don’t know where I would be without her sometimes she is always there to help me out as I am for her.

Sophomore year I was back with all of my friends that I grew up with so I had a lot of catching up to do since I was not here my freshman year. But, overall I would have to say my favorite memory from my second year in high school would have to be Mr. Dunn’s class. I meet my two best friends Jeannie and Kim there even though we didn’t talk until half way through the year we all shared some of my best moments in high school in his room. One of the biggest ones to stand out would have to be us always trying to get Dunn to tell us who his favorite was we would constantly argue over it and until this day we still do and has yet to be determined.

Junior year what is there to say? I always looked forward to having study hall in your room even though I don’t think I ever really talked to you but it was I think one of the best periods out of my day last year and I miss it so much this year since somehow my senior year I have no study hall. Over all junior year was not my favorite at all.

Senior year I have made so many great memories I don’t know how to pick just one out of all of them so I guess I can sum my favorites up. Everything to due with college I can’t wait to get away even though I will miss my friends dearly especially Jeannie and Kim who I have become even closer with over the year. But over all senior year has been my favorite by far just being a senior is fun but I have made new friends, gotten closer with the friends I already had and have made plenty of memories that I will never forget.

Anonymous said...

My freshman year didn't produce any favorite moments for me. Infact nether did my sophmor year. My favorite moments didn't start happening until my junior and seinor year. My favorite moment in Oakcrest during my junior year was realizing that I had one more year left until I graduated. When it comes to school I don't have to many favorite moments because I try to just focus on what I have to do to get out and start my life. Outside of school during my junior year my favorite moment was when I got my Eagle Scout Award. In my senior year my favorite moment was when my forensics class went to the Capemay County Police Academy for a feild trip and use the F.A.T.S. training system. Soon my favorite moment will be graduating. Outside of school during my senior year my favorite moments are when I became a firefighter and soon when I graduate from the Atlantic County Fire Academy on June 2, 2009 and start my career as a firefighter. Although I didn't have too many favorite moments in Oakcreast I will still kind of miss it. Especially some of the teachers but, thats life and I can always go back and visit.

Vincent Q said...

Thinking back on it now freshmen year seemed so different from now. Back then I would never to go to parties or have a girlfriend or do anything crazy. Freshmen year was my least favorite year but I did start student council and that introduce me to many good friends I still have today.. Being a “frosh”, no one ever gives you respect, not even the teachers. You walk through the halls and everyone is bigger then you and no one really gives a crap about you. Back then I was short and chubby and even now when I show people my I.D. from freshmen year and they see this 5 7’ chubby cheek kid they cant believe its me.
Sophomore year didn’t really do much for me. I did the same kind of things for the most part, student council and hung out with all my friends from it. But Sophomore year I also started to party, I mean not ever weekend but here and there I would. The year basically was boring until the end where I started getting real close with Blake, Wilkes, Grandma, and my new small friend John Lafollette. Together we became RT and nothing could break up apart. Every weekend we would go to someone’s house and just hang around and chill. It may seem boring but back then we would just have no worries and just have fun and get crazy.
Junior year was going good and RT was still alive when we started hanging around another crowd of people this became “The Group” and the only thing we would basically do is go to someone’s house and party. Though we did have fun while it lasted we found out the only thing holding the group together was a couple relationships and when they ended the group ended. After that was a hard time for me because I was always looking for that special girl for me but kept getting screwed over and made things difficult.
Unlike any other year I started Senior year off perfect because I had a girlfriend. Her name was Jackie and we had met over the summer and hit it off right away. It seemed like for once my life was complete, I had the most beautiful perfect girlfriend and there was nothing going wrong. Also this year started working at Staples to get some money and it made me realize what hell really is. I started to hate Staples and still to this day just the word “Staples” gives me the chills. This year a new sport started at my school, Lacrosse. In the past 3 year at Oakcrest I didn’t play a sport but when I heard we were getting a Lacrosse team I came running. I don’t really know what got me hooked first but when March came along I couldn’t get enough of it. I played Center Defense and fell in love with the position. At first I played Left wing Defense and was apprehensive when my coach wanted me to play center but I tried it and loved it. Whenever a player on the other team would run towards the goal with the ball I would be there to knock him down and to get the ball. My coach kept telling us we were making history by being the first ever Lacrosse team at Oakcrest and but I really did make history when I scored one day and became the first and only Oakcrest Defensemen to score. Another awesome thing about being a senior is doing whatever I want. My parents know im n adult no and let me do just about everything I want. Also some teachers realize we are seniors that are about to graduate so we don’t do much work and just have fun.

1BrianL said...

High school went by very quickly. It feels like I was jsut a freshman not too long ago. The best memory I have freshman year was definately the Haunted walk. It was the first time i stood after school for a really long time, and I loved running around the halls and doing things I couldnt normally do. And i rememeber we walked to wawa and it was the longest walk of my life and the bend never ended. Then someones mom picked us up and we had a great time in the cold rainy weather acting like zombies. Sophmore year I had the best gym in the world. It was a big joke and everybody picked on each other. I rememember having project adventure and we used to hang each other in the air until we got yelled at, and the newspaper came and took a big picture of me in kyle to be placed in the life section. Junior year was pretty boring for me. I did enjoy english third period with matt torres. He was so funny, and one time he got caled down to the office in the middle of class and it was dead quiet. When he walked passed me he clapped me up and it was the loudest pop ive ever heard, i laughed and so did he but no one else did. Senior year I remember doing my first pep rally. I was so nervous and I was all alone. I thought I did great people were actually paying attention to what I had to say, and I loved the idea of being some kind of leader. I loved high school, but now i just cant wait to graduate and grow up!

Anonymous said...

Freshman year was such a great year for me. The summer before i came to the Oak i was with the band and had gotten into my nitch. in the band i had made many friends that stayed with me throughout my entire high school career and just to add onto that we were first place at championships that year.Which was such a great feeling that i wish i could have experianced it again.
Sophmore year I really started to bond with my friends more and tried to become more involved in the band. I also got my first job.
Junior year I finally discovered what i wanted to do with my life and finally started to hang out with my best friend Eric.
Senior year is great because i finally got to play Lacrosse for Oakcrest and got into the school of my dreams.

Anonymous said...

Wow, i really can not believe that our senior year is coming to an end. it seems like it was only it yesterday that it was my first day of high school. This years seemed like it was gonna go by soo slow but here we are now, graduating in two weeks! One of my best moments my freshman year probably was the very first day of school. i was this little girl going to high school and was deathly afraid of getting lost in the hallways. when we were let off the buses my friend Alex took me to my locker. My locker is so stupid that it wouldn't open it. Thank goodness to Alex because i would have been late if it wasn't for her. Before she left me to my first period class she told me she was going to meet me up at my locker at the end of the day. It was the end of the day and they let all the freshman leave 12th period early just in case we got lost. i went to my locker and could not find my friend Alex anywhere! i waited and waited and i thought that i was going to miss the bus, so i left. i honestly did not know where i was going. i followed other people because i thought they were going to the buses, and where do they end up? THE FRONT DOORS! i was so scared i was about to cry! then some kid told me where the bus loop was and a made it on my bus!

My favorite sophomore memory probably was when i met my current boyfriend chris. yea he can be an a**hole to people sometimes, but he is one of the most nicest and sweetest people that i have ever met, yea we might get into our little arguments at times but we know that no matter what we are still there for each other. another favorite memory that i had my sophomore year was in ms. newman's english class. it was me my friend ashley, dominick and matt. Every single day we would get in trouble over something. there was not one day that poor ms. newman didn't have to yell at us!

My favorite junior year moment was my lunch period. That year was lunch table was seriously PACKED! there was no room for anyone at that table, everyone was squished and no one had enough room to eat. As the year went by people stopped coming to our table and it was just a select few that came. Brad Burke was in my lunch table and if you know him, he is nothing but a joker. every day he had me laughing so hard it was to the point where i cried. Another great memory was in ms. corey's class. i loved her. she was so cute i just wanted to kiss her. every single day i would go into her classroom and give her a biggg hug. then she would start yelling sexual harassment, sexual harassment!

My favorite senior year memory was probably prom. i never thought i could have so much fun at prom but i had a ball. it was so much fun seeing everyone dressed up all nice and pretty. another first senior memory was probably the first day of school. mainly because i know that that was my last first day of high school. it was exciting but emotional at the same time because its amazing how time flies. the next thing i know, im going to be graduating college. even though i might say that i hate school, i know i'm going to miss it and want to come back when i have hard college work!

Anonymous said...

This is kind of hard. I really don't remember much from my freshmen and sophomore year. Especially good moments, because I don't think I had any then. Well freshmen year was new and different to me. I didn’t know that many people, except for the ones from Davies. But it seemed like everyone knew me. I was having conversations with people I didn't know. I think it was my sister putting my name out there. So I guess the best moment of my freshmen year was opening up to people and getting to know everyone. My sophomore year was a little different. It was kind of like freshmen year but I was around a lot of different people. I honestly do not think I have a fun memorable moment during my sophomore year at Oakcrest. Maybe it was the decision to start doing sports other than football. I got to challenge myself in other ways and got better, slowly. My junior year was the best. I had fun everywhere I went. The reason is because I was surrounded by a lot of friends; sadly most of them were the class of 08. Everyday felt like a good day. Sports were fun that year. I started varsity football for the first time and I found my calling in track. My senior year was almost as fun as my junior year. 08 were gone so I was left with 09. Nothing is wrong with 09 it just seems like everyone is not who they used to be. The best moment was going through school each day with friends and having laughs along the way. Class of 09 may be different compared to where we came from, but a lot of others kept it together and that was good.

Mike said...

I don't know if I can give a specific moment that was my favorite from each year, but I certainly can give some highlights of the past few years. Freshman year was pretty great, despite not having Reina, and being stuck with Ms. Daube as world history teacher, my honors world history/Honors English cohort was a blast. Sophomore year, especially the English/AP Gov't cohort was just as much fun if not more fun than freshman year. Junior year was great because I finally had a history teacher that I didn't know more than, and AP US history with Cervi will remain one of my treasured High School memories. It's still to soon for me to decide on a favorite memory of senior year, but so far goofing off all year in AP Physics has got to be one of my favorite parts of this year.

Anonymous said...

The most memorable moment of my freshman year was actually going to high school. I was nervous and excited at the same time. I already knew a lot of people and they said I didn’t have nothing to worry about. I still was nervous though. First day came and I saw a whole lot of people I never saw before. I made new friends and met people I still talk to these days before we graduate.

Sophomore year was a big blur. All I remember was not being called a freshman anymore. This was the year I was supposed to be living with my dad in Texas. I quickly changed my mind because I am a momma’s boy. I love my mom so much. He was trying so hard to persuade me to go. I said yes but soon thought about my actions.

The most memorable moment of my Junior year was Coach Lewis passing away. He was a big part of me playing basketball again. He inspired me and talked me into playing again. His passing away was a big shocker and really terrible. It was a shocker because we just say him 2 days earlier at our game. He wasn’t looking to good but basketball couldn’t keep him away from the hardwood.

Senior year went by fast. I have a lot of memories to choose from but my favorite had to be my last home game of my high school career. I was so nervous because I wasnt supposed to be playing. Kevin and I hit key free throws to help us win. I was so happy we won but soon let down when we lost our last game by only a couple of points.

shantab said...

I can't believe my senior year has finally come to an end. it seems like yesterday that i was a freshman walking through the crowded, hot hallways rushing to get to class. Freshman year was a breeze, and my favorite part of this year was Ms. Brown's Algebra one class. I had Keith Baskerville, Jason Smart-El, and a whole bunch of clowns in this class. It was constantly filled with laughter and i loved every minute of it. Another part i enjoyed was going to the football game's faithfully even though they sucked. I guess i was just so eager to experience the high school life.
Sophmore year for me was probably the BEST year. It seems like everyone was in the class of 07 and ever since they left the school's been dead. Mr. Costal's class was always a class a couldn't wait to get to. Another class i enjoyed was Hearn's constitution and law class because we watch Dane Cook every single day like that had anything to do with the constitution. The one class i absolutly hated was Ms. Finn's AP GOV class. It was a joke, and i often thought she was bias and was always going on the opposite of what i thought. Despite this i realllllyyyy enjoyed sophmore year and made alot of new friends.
Junior year was wack. 08 had to be one of the tackiest class's ever and it seemed like they were just filled with drama drama drama. I saw tons of fights and it seemed like nothing positive really happened.
Other then sophmore year, this has been thee best. Probably just because I'm FINALLY going to college. I had alot of up's and down's this school year but in the end i'm going to college in the fall and joining the Army reserves. Both of these two choices came as a suprise because i was all about going to Virginia State and completly against the Army. This year also came with alot of big decision making which allowed me to mature and realize that i would soon be on my own. Although i hate Oakcrest i can honestly say this has been the best experience of my life and i wouldn't of did it with anybody else other then the one's around me.

SUPER FINE OH NINEEEEEEE !

JordanK said...

I have had many favorite moments of each of the four years here at the oak. I cant believe its gone and we’re already about to graduate next month; it feels like it was last week I was a freshman sitting in HR worried about how my day would be. I’d have to say my favorite part of freshman year was just the experience itself. New atmosphere, new faces, new teachers, new everything; I guess I liked the experience change cause it made me feel like I was growing up and getting out of the single filed lines. Sophomore year was also a very fun year and I had lots of favorite moments. I was kind of used to the way things worked at this time and knew what to expect throughout my year. My favorite moment was definitely going to Mr.Oakcrest and watching all the guys because I knew that in 2 years that would be me the one on stage making everyone laugh and somehow put a smile on the crowds face. Junior year was to me by far the best year that I have had at Oakcrest high school. I was doing very well in all of my classes everything just clicked for me, basketball was as fun as it could be plus it was my first year doing track and that was the most fun sport by far. I can’t choose a favorite moment for my junior year because the whole year was just fun in general. And than we got to senior year, from freshman year to junior year all I heard was “senior year is the best you don’t do anything!” That statement is completely false. There is only 1 period a day if im lucky that I am not concerned or stressing over getting work done for a class even now at the end of may. I haven’t really had too many favorite moments my senior year except going to practice Mr. Oakcrest after school because it was a lot of my close friends together just being ourselves.

Danielle U said...

When going into freshman year, I remember having the greatest time. I met a bunch of new, good people. I had my first real boy friend, and it was just exciting how new everything was. Half way through the year though, my boy friend broke up with me, and I was so upset. I’m mad I let myself stay so sad for so long. But, as I said I had a set group of friends who I basically still have to this day, that have been there for me these past four years. All of them did crew with me, and that was probably my favorite part of the year. Meeting my best friends and joining crew is basically how I remember everything. Also, for Christmas we had a Pollyanna with a bunch of my friends, and that was really fun.
Sophomore year I remember as my not so great year. It’s the year I started to not be myself anymore I guess I would say, and started going out a lot, not being home, and I thought it was all fun. But I look back now and I don't know why I made a lot of my choices. It was all together my worst year in high school. I had my friends, but didn't know who I was really or who I wanted to become. But, I got my belly button pierced that year, so I guess that was my high light.
Junior year was like my relaxed year. I honestly didn't do much at all. I had a lot of sleepovers with my friends, went to school, crew, and just chilled I guess. Besides the fact that my nephew was born, which was the greatest day of like my whole life, the only other thing I can think of that was extremely fun was going on the DC/Baltimore trip with 3 of my best friends. It seriously was such a funny day, and I’m so happy I went.
Senior year was definitely what I expected it to be. I had so much fun this whole year, and I don't regret anything. It started out when I went to the Rascall Flatts concert, then the Phillie's parade on Halloween, always having something fun to do on weekends, to just a really fun prom! I probably wouldn’t be able to pick out my one favorite moment because they all were so fun, so I’m just happy with how this year went. It’s about to end and its upsetting, but I’m very excited to graduate and have some more good times in summer!

marcus m said...

My favorite moment of my freshmen year in Oakcrest has to be meeting coach Louis for the first time. In between basketball breaks a group of players would circle around and dunk. After everyone went up and dunked it was my turn. I was just about to take off and Coach jumped infront of me and told me to put the ball away. Everyone laughed at me as I put the ball away. I'll never forget that day as long as I live. My sophomore year was a great one too. I remember being in wood tech with Derick Adams, Joe Camp and a few other friends. That was the funniest elective that I have ever been in. I was terrible at building things but I knew how to do them it still doesn't make any sense to me. Then we would play paper football and I lost most of the time. We also played a game where we slid a penny or quarter across the table and try to get it into the hole. If I tried to forget those times I still couldn't. My favorite moment of my junior year is when instead of doing my homework in study hall I would play chess everyday. I played against everyone and anyone. John Laff would beat me alot of the time. I loved playing and never turned down a challenge. I have never used my brain that much in a single school year. In the middle of math class I would close my eyes and play out whole chess games in my head. But my favorite moment of all four years happened this year my senior year. Becoming homecoming king has been the biggest thing to happen to me so far. Nothing compared to the feeling of hearing my name called as the winner. I loved sharing that dance with Leslie and she called me her King and I called her my Queen. I smile everytime I see my crown. And that was the first high school dance that I have ever been to. Besides that I will never forget all of the moments that I have had with you Miss B.

williama said...

I can’t believe that the moment I have been waiting for is finally here. But thinking on it now im not sure if im actually ready to go. The past for years have been some of the best times I have ever had. Freshman year started off a little shaky. I was nervous and not used to the big school. I can remember walking in to the wrong class and sitting there like I was supposed to be there until the teacher started talking and it wasn’t English class. I felt pretty dumb walking out of that class. But that only lasted for the first week or so. Once I got into the groves of things I loved it. I met so many different people and also caught up with some that I didn’t see all summer. Sophomore year really doesn’t have anything that stands out. I was used to everything. I did meet some new friends and the teachers were pretty good. If anything my lunch period had to be the funniest part of my sophomore year. We had the old group of friends that we used to hang out with in middle school at our table. There were so many jokes and things we would pick out in the lunch room and make fun of. Junior year was probably the funniest and most exciting year. This was mainly because of my first period class. I and two friends really didn’t get along with the teacher to good so we pushed our limits some days. It wasn’t our favorite way to start the day but we got through it. And second period was history and Mr. Jacoby took over the class half way through and that had to be my favorite class that I ever had in oak. He was the coolest guy and we all got along so good. He knew everything there was to know and just talked about the most random things some times. Then I got to senior year. Unfortunately this was the year that I started messing up and slacking in. not the one anyone wants to mess up but I started. I got my first cut slip and trouble started. Fights were started every other week and all. But I turned it around and got my things straight. Even though I wanted it to end as soon as possible I know that I will miss it and a lot of the people that I will prolly never see again.

michaelc said...

When i read this question it hits me that high school is really coming to an end. Im excited but sad at the same time. I'm going to miss Oakcrest.

Well freshman year was way better than I expected it to be. I loved my classes. Especially my 3rd period biology class. I remember joining the soccer and tennis team. Soccer was a lot of fun but tennis actually turned out to be even better. I was excited to be there and got to play some varsity matches.

Sophmore year wasnt really as good. Half of my day was boring but as the day went on it got better. My english and history cohort was alot of fun and my computer graphics class after that is a class I will never forget. It was so funny. I made some new friends that year that I became really tight with and still am. I didnt do any sports and just enjoyed my free time.

Junior year was one of my best years. Once again I liked my classes. Mr. Cervi was the best. He made everything he talked about interesting and we watched a lot of movies. In the middle of the year I got into my first serious relationship that lasted exactly three-hundred and sixty three days.
Also, I played tennis again and made varsity. We had a good team and won our first playoff match in like 17 years. It was a big accomplishment and coach Ponz was extremely proud of us.

Senior year has been relaxing. My day is so easy! Nothing too exciting has occurred besides the phillies winning the world series. I have just been hanging out with friends a lot and doing whatever. I got my first job in November at BJ's and got my license. That's about it. But school has been sort of boring since I don't really do anything. One thing I have learned is that Senioritis is real! I'm gonna miss Oakcrest. All the people and teachers. But that's life and we'll see how everything goes.

Jared B. said...

Y'know, there was a time I couldn't wait for this day to come. There wasn't a moment in my freshman year I didn't wish I was on my way out the doors of our beloved Oakcrest High School. Now that the time has come to leave, I regret not savoring the moments more often. Truly our departure is a bittersweet one; with the desired ending comes a painful sorrow. I can honestly say I'm going to miss drowning in the boredom of that wrecked building we can all almost call our home away from home. Heck, for me, it's actually been better than home sometimes! Imagine that!

The best times? Those are hard to label; I can name several moments that made Oakcrest literally seem like a heaven on Earth. Even as the year comes to a close, the memories continue to poor in. The day before prom; the one where we received all the wacky warnings and such of the night ahead... Ha! An entire group of friends had gathered and we simply talked and laughed the periods away. A bit rude on our parts I know, but still undeniably amazing.
Another favorite of mine would be lunch; I've been lucky enough to lock up with some friends all four years. This one has been the best, but overall I can say I've had my best times in Oakcrest just shooting the breeze in the cafeteria. Amazing? Not quite, but you can't pick where the moments happen. That would ruin the fun, right? I'm actually remotely sure I had asked someone else this exact question not long ago.. curious as to what her answer will be.
In the end, I truly can't pick a specific moment that is my favorite. Oakcrest has offered me so much in its weird, strict, and boring ways.. If such a description fits my praise. The entire trip this past four years has been grand and I really regret seeing it come to an end. The excitement fades; clock is truly ticking. Even the blogs are ready to come to a close.. What a scary thought.
So this is what it feels like.. The final countdown.

kyle w said...

Now that I think back on my freshman year, nothing really exciting happened. The most memorable moment would have to be the summer before my freshman, when I came to school to take a placement test. I remember walking to room 106 from the front doors thinking about how huge the school was even though Hess is bigger than Oakcrest. Now I have walked down that hallway a thousand times, and it seems kind of small.

Sophmore year was a bit boring. I remember being so excited not to be a freshman anymore, but nothing really changed because I was still an under classman. Even though it was a boring year, I did end up getting my best grades that year, so I guess it wasn't that bad.

Junior year is where everything happened. They say it is the most important academic year, but it is really the biggest party year. There were parties every weekend. Also I got my license that year, so that gave me a certain freedom that I never had before. I also got my first real job that year. So from work, school, and weekends, junior year was a pretty exciting one.

Ther are a lot of big moments senior year that stand out. Cabaret night, Mr. Oakcrest, Prom, senior week, projet gradation, and graduation are all things that have happened or will happen that are very exciting. Another big thing for senior year was getting accepted to college and choosing a college. A lot of eventful moments with still more on the way

John L. said...

Lets me start by saying high school has been a crazy and wonderful experience that I will never forget.
Freshmen year was okay. Didn’t have too many friends because I was new but was still memorable. My favorite part of freshman year would have to be my biology class and getting involved in basketball and baseball. The only reason I say my biology class is because it consisted of Chris Mallick, Josh Raff, Jordan Klaszky, and myself. It was truly one of the most ridiculous classes I have ever been a part of. And basketball and baseball are almost self explanatory. If I wasn’t a part of those athletic programs I would never have met the group of friends that I am so close to now.
Sophomore year was again okay. Nothing really stood out and it was just another average year, except my period 5/6 english class with Ms. Bunje. This was her first year at oakcrest and I am glad to say I was a part of her class. Then towards the end of the year I became close friends with Vinny , Blake, James, and grandma. These guys really made my sophomore what it was, along with you bunj =).
Junior year was probly my best year. I feel like that is when I was close with each and every one of my friends. Vinny, blake, wilkes, grandma, Jordan, Kevin, matt, and jose. We were all so close and it seemed like no matter what nothing could break us apart, that is until senior year began.
Senior year I feel is my worst year yet. I don’t care about school anymore, sports suck, women are stressful, and friends seem to disappear. Every one of my classes feel almost pointless, I still cant begin to understand the women in my life(both friends/girl friends) and all of the friends that I thought would be there till the end faded away before we were even half way there. Senior year has been nothing but one big let down for me and the only good thing about it is that I get to leave and hopefully find somewhere to belong.

Paul H said...

highschool, wow it flew by. it seems like just yesterday we were walking in to door of oakcrest for the first time for our freshman orientation and now not even a month away we will be leaving oakcrest forever. i have always made sure that i have enjoyed my highschool career to the fullest no matter what i was doing. i have also grown a lot as a person and i think i have learned many life lessons i know i would not have learned any other way. i will never forget my time spent withing the good old oak and the one thing i will never lose is all of the memories i have had. i have met many new people and many new friends. i have had a few relationships some short and some long but none of which ever worked out. i have made many new friends and lost a few but i know i have found my true friends over these years. i can not say that i recall any year specifically because i look at my time here at oak as a whole. every year was great for me even through the bad times i somehow managed to make the best of it. there will be a lot of things that i will miss from highschool such as roaming the halls and the monthly volleyball-athons and all of the sporting events. the one thing i will miss most of all is seeing all of my friends everyday and getting to spend all of that time with them. once i leave i will not have that opportunity ever again. i will not be able to joke around with everyone in the halls or clap up my friends as they walk by. the only times i will get to see them is if we make plans or if i happen to run in to them over the summer. then after summer its off to college to start the experience all over again. meeting new people, making many many memories, and most of all enjoying life to the fullest.

Mel said...

wow i really cant believe it.its the last marking period of senior year. the time went by so fast i can still remember the first day of highschool, getting lost at every corner, when u soon find out that the school is made up of 4 simple wings. i remember seeing all these scary new faces that all became familar the first few weeks. my favorite part about freshmen year was going to florida with the girls cross counrty team. it was one of the best experices, all of us got so close and we had a good time, even though half of out team was under the medical tent by the end of the race because none of us were use to the heat there. moving on to sophmore year, now this year was alot different i knew what to expect and who was going to be there, except for the upcoming freshmen of course. sophmore year i had the best english class and teacher i could have ever asked for. our room became a family and felt so comfortable to be in all the time. my favorite part was all the open discussions that we had about everything, i enjoyed listening to everyone put there word in. junior year is when everything got boring and old for me. i stopped playing basketball and cross country like i use to and lost alot of friends. highschool is the best place to find out who will stick by you through it all. the best part about my junior year would have to be learning how to play volleyball and being a part of a team again. i enjoyed getting to know all of them and even though we only won like 1 game i still had fun doing it. and finally senior year, i have been waiting so long to be able to say im a senior and i still cant believe that i am. time is going by and i cant control it. senior year was something that i have been looking forward to since i can remember but it has ended up being the worst year yet for many reasons, but i have had some pretty fun times too. the best part about this year so far was knowing that i had one teacher that i could go to with anything, i do appericate that. never once throughout all my years in school have i been able to talk to a teacher about anything but school and im glad that i could come to you when i needed that extra push or just some good advice. we all know i was a mess in the beginning of the year and sorry i started slacking off now but anyway back to the blog. senior year is almost over and all this will become a memory, im looking forward to senior week and graduation. i will never forget room 204 sophmore and senior year, the class that made a difference and stood out from all the rest. i enjoyed theses past 4 years of highschool and am excited for what the future will bring. =)

Pete D. said...

I must be getting old quick because I seem to be losing my memory! It feels like freshman year was so long ago, like almost in another lifetime and I can only remember bits and pieces of certain times, after which my brain compensates by completing these little memories with things that may not of even happened. So in short I may be going crazy.
Nonetheless I do have some memories that have stuck to my brain such as how I loved my first two periods my freshman year because it started out nice and slow with study hall so I could make up for the sleep I missed the night before, and then we had biology after this, both in the same room so I didn’t even have to move. I loved these two classes because the room had air-conditioning!!!! Although I also remember Jeremy and Robbie making fun of me pretty much every single damn day, but I didn’t let them crush my spirits of being in this new spectacular place called a public school. I was so tired of being sheltered and not knowing anyone due to the fact that I attended St. Vincent de Paul. I vividly remember my goal since the very first day of school, which was I wanted EVERYONE to know who I was. I wanted to be the kid everyone liked and I worked at it pretty hard. I got along with everyone, and would walk into random crowds or people no matter how weird or annoying or intimidating they looked and would introduce myself. I met so many new people this year but it would only be the beginning to 4 years of an awesome experience.
Sophomore year I remember sleeping in geometry every single day, never doing my homework to the point where Ms. Leeds gave up on me and failing every single test. Yet I still managed get a high 70 which was good enough for me. I also had Keith Scott in my math class who was also in my math the class from the year before. We became pretty good friends but basically never hung out because I wasn’t even aware that Mullica even existed until late that year. I also remember computer graphics where I sat in the front corner all alone for the first half of the year until I met ray which was through a video game. Then we realized we were in the same computer class and I finally moved to the back row and we soon became best friends. We went snowboarding multiple times and surfing all the time by the end of the year. Thanks to him I also got to ride on a jet-ski for the first time in my life. This was also the year that Andrew C. became totally obsessed with me. He had the biggest man-crush I’ve ever seen but let’s not talk about that.

Pete D. said...

Junior year started out quite well, for it was also the year I got to me the awe-inspiring Ms. Bunje and let me tell you she was nothing less than spectacular. If only you had the chance to meet this lady! =P.. She really pushed us quite hard in the beginning of the year but it allowed me to understand that I have a whole lot of potential just waiting to be unleashed. Also I was still sort of friends with Raymond however I began to hang out with a bigger variety of people due to the fact that ray and I had started to drift apart a little. So I started hanging out with Ian, Brian, Josh, Kyle, and Paul. And even hung out with La Torre as well. It was fun but it didn’t exactly last, since I don’t really ever have a permanent “crew”, I don’t think I capable of having one. Soccer was ridiculously fn considering I was a captain and played the entire game every single time, which got annoying after a while haha, but I can’t complain because I also got to play center-mid this year and I discovered a new favorite position since I had always play outside-mid until I realized the middle does a whole lot less running! I also liked golf since it was just fun to go to. It wasn’t about winning or losing (which we did most of the time) but instead it was about enjoying the game.
All these little bits and pieces eventually lead up to now… My senior year, and while I most definitely left out TONS of stories, examples and memories I guess all I can say is that they were exactly what I always wanted high school to be. The best years of my life, at least until college and when I get my job, then we’ll have to see if they turn out better. This year I genuinely loved doing Mr. Oakcrest, even if I didn’t win, except that makes me mad still anyways. I also began doing more things like Cabaret Night. I don’t know if I can say this was the best year but it was most definitely not a letdown. By now I think I have met almost all the people in this school that I need to, and I have taken a break from my goal of getting to know everyone because I pretty much know everyone anyways and luckily many people should sort of know about me as well because…well you know, I am Pete D’Amico, as conceited as that may sound. In a way I feel like I started out with a great foundation at this school and built upon it to where I am now, and to be honest I don’t want to have to do it all over again because I just got finished working on my job here. Ugh starting over is gonna be a bummer but hopefully I’ll be able to get the same attitude back as I had freshman year.

Pete D. said...

Whoops! i had to split it up into two Posts because it said i had used too many characters

monet tb said...

its finally my senior year. i cant wait til i graduate. its seems so close but so far. i actually had fun finding my self this year and weeding out my true friends even thought it was a big catastrophe i still enjoyed it. im only saying that because it is dne and over with and i am looking back on it but at the time i felt like pulling my hair out.

the highlight of my freshman was my frist boyfriend. oh my god i want to say that i regret meeting him but im glad i did because he showed me what i was actually looking for in a boyfriend even though he wasnt one nor did he do any nice boyfriend things but thats how i learned to put my foot down and how to choose them much more wisely. i remember when i was lying and hiding him from my mom. ugh it was just a mess. but thats what i remeber when i think of my freshman year.

now my sophomore is when i thought i was big and bad. u couldnt tell me nothing. i was fighting talking to a lot of boys all at the same time. and no it wasnt cheating because they wasnt my boyfriend but i still was useing them. i think it was the fact of what happened my freshman year. so i told myself that i was going to treat guys how they treated females and just use them. until i found christopher at the end of my sophomore year.

junior was a nicer year. thats when i frist started my cosmetology class. and i finally excluded a majority of my friends and i just calmed it down. that year i became much more quiet and just observed everythig around me. which made me break up with my boyfriend. finding him was a highlight of my year because i realize how sneaky a boy could be and how to not just give anybody my all. but i still trying to accomplish not giving my all because the boyfriend i have now has it which brings me to my senior year.

senior year i feel like is the perfect year because i am getting out of high school and finally going to COLLEGE (ROWAN UNIVERSTIY)! and i just finish my cosmetology class so i will be getting my license soon. as well i think i have found my soulmate. it just feels like a fairytale. i kind of dont want to go to college cuz i think that things might change. but all in all i had a great year. even finding you ms bunje

stephen m said...

Ah well its hard for me to think back to my freshmen year but I would have to say that my favorite teacher was Mr. Martino. I was glad to go to his class everyday because we both liked to do the same things. I would stay in his room even after my class was over just so I could talk. We both rode dirtbikes and we both also had radio controlled cars. It came to the point that I had even brought one of mine in and was showing it to him and he let me drive it in his class room. Needless to say it was all over at the end of the year. Other then that I liked the ski trip. I wasn't really friends with alot of kids that went but all the ones I new were older then me. I hung out with them for two days and actualy met my freshmen girlfried on that trip. As summer passed I came to sophmore year. My favorite part of sophmore year had to be my geometry class even though I didnt learn alot. Tormenting the teacher with Billy and older students was awesome. Not to be proud but I didn't take my midterm and still passed with an eighty five. Junior year was an easy year and it was also a year that I hung out with all kids who were older then I was. Most of my classes were seNior based and I was the only junior in a couple of them. As senior year came I was excited because my final year was here. I new I was going to catch senioritis and that my grades would suffer. However my favorite parts were having a teacer who teaches differently then all others yet is always more effective. The anticipation of graduation is killing me and I can't wait to leave.