Well, here we are. Once again, poised on the precipice of history. Tomorrow, Barack Obama will be sworn in as our 44th President of the United States. Love him, hate him or ambivalent about him, his candicacy and now his presidency has proven that our nation has undergone some pretty significant changes over the past 50 years.
Tomorrow, we will be attempting to watch some of the coverage of the inauguration as it unfolds, and if you have been keeping up with it, you probably have seen that it is a pretty happening time down there in DC. Springsteen, James Taylor, Stevie Wonder, John Legend,Bono, Bon Jovi, Alicia Keyes, MJ Blige--not to mention Jamie Fox, Leo DiCaprio and Satan...err, I mean Oprah, all putting in some face time to support Barack.
Alas, here we are..in sunny Mays Landing rather than snowy DC, BUT, that does not mean that we can't be a part of these events, or at least, imagine that we are. So, this week, let's take a break from looking into our internal mirrors and think about the future..our futures.
The next four years will be a big deal for you. When the next election rolls around, you will be seniors in college, getting ready to graduate, possibly making some valuable contacts for future employment, maybe getting ready to take the GREs. Whatever you will be doing, the one thing that is for certain is that your college careers will be drawing to a close. So, whether or not you supported Obama this election won't matter--what does matter is that his 4 years in Office will determine what the landscape of your future opportunities are going to look like.
So...this week, what I would like to ask you is this...
If YOU had some face time with Obama, what advice would you like to give him about the next four years? What would you ask him for in terms of your future? And last, what advice would you give his 2 daughters as they grow up in the White House?
(400 words/65pts)
Monday, January 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
43 comments:
Finally it has happened. In the next couple hours Barack Obama will be the fourth president of the United States. Although i wasnt able to vote, it feels good to be able to tell my kids that i was around when we had the first black president. It still hasn't hit me yet, that what most people doubted, will not be reality. Hopefully Obama will contribute alot to the United States, and not let us down like most people believe he will. But to heck with that. OBAMA YALLLLLL !
If i could have a conversation with Barack, i would definitly give him some major advice especially when it comes to college. I would tell him that it wouldnt be a good idea to make us repay for our college funds after we graduate. Since after all , we would be contributing to the world with our degree's anyway. I would also tell him not to let his race get in the way of his job. It seems as though people are always mentioning him being the first "black president" and although thats true they should look past his race. I would tell him that whenever he's making speeches to never mention his nationality...because it seems as though thats all he's about.
Growing up in the white house, i imagine, would probably be a very hectic experience. Camera's on you at all times, and being expected to do nothing but the best. Its ALOT of pressure. So if i could give advice to the Obama boys, it would be to just chill. Enjoy there childhood, and just because their dad's the "president", dont let that give get in that get in the way of being normal kids, who live normal lives(even though their next four years will most likely be far from normal). I guess to some it up i would tell them to just LIVE IT UP !
i mean to say forty fourth * . sorry bunj =]
Barack Obama is the new face of this country and he is going to run it well. If i had a one on one with him i wouldn't try to tell him how to run this country since i never had that much experiance leading something or even a whole country. I would just ask him not to make mistakes like some of the past presidents have made and to think of what is the best for the future and what he is going try to achieve while he is the president for the next four or eight years. Kids my age can only remember on president, yea we were a live while Bill Cliton was in office but no one can actually remember the things he has done while he was there. Bush is the only thing that most of us know to be as a leader, or president. This is a great change for a lot of people around this country, he is going to lead us to good things. Later on in time there are going to be a lot more people looking for jobs and a house and trying to settle down, I would want it to be better than it is right now in the next four years since that is when most of us are going to be trying to settle down with our job. The advice i would give to his daughters in the white house is they should still try and live a normal life. There whole life is going to change now that they are living in the white house, and everything is different, but living life and doing what they want to do and try not to be spoiled and take advantage of what they have now.
I personally think it is about time for some change in our country. It seems every time an election year rolls around your television is flooded with what seems to be millions of political adds about how they will bring so called change to our country. Out of all the ads I have seen I would have to say that this year really meant something to me. With two people that can and are bringing a historic change to our country.
But, back on topic now I have no idea what advice I would like to give to him. I guess I would say something simple to him as follow your heart. Don’t let what all of the outside people and sources say you should do or what they say about you affect your actions. So many people in life let others affect what they do in their own lives key words their lives. When it comes to the future I would ask him about our finical outlook. I personally do not know too much about finances but I have heard from many people and I am starting to ketch on myself as to how he holds my future in his hands. He will have a big part in how much or if any finical aid will be give to college students in the near future. When it comes to his daughters they can’t let this affect their lives to much. Yes, they may have been brought up in this life style but they have to live their own lives and pursue their own dreams. One day this will all go away and if they just live in the lime light what will they have left in the end? They will only have what they make of themselves. I would die to be in their shoes they have the world at their feet but I’m sure as they grow in age they will want to be a normal person just like you and I. I would hope that they try to live as normal lives as possible while also having the mix of growing up in the lime light while not taking to much advantage of that fact.
Watching the inauguration was somewhat amazing being that I never in my life had the chance to watch them and the fact that it was the first African American president in my lifetime. When my children or my grandchildren ever ask me what happened at the first African American inauguration I would like to tell them all the details. If I could actually get face time with Obama I think the first thing I would do would be to listen in on one of his talks because he has so much to talk about. Then I would give him some of my impute like to think about what would happen in the future before he makes a big decision. This has been a problem in the past. If he does this then he would be one of those presidents that actually did something to help the nation and not destroy it. Another advice I would give him would be to do something with the economy because no one wants to be in another depression especially families with young children or teenagers going into college. The last advice that I would give Obama would be to actually listen to what the US citizens actually need. Don’t spend more money on more warfare that we don’t need and don’t keep soldiers where there not needed. For me and the terms of my future I would ask Obama for more opportunities for middle class family to get more free money for college. Why, well because my family makes the same income of most families and me we will still have to struggle to pay the loans. And most importantly help lower the economy because when I grow up I will be in a job field that involves costumers and their money. If they can’t afford what my business has to offer then I’m out of a job that I really want and will probably end up in a lousy paying job that nobody wants. The advice I would give to his daughters would be to enjoy all that there is to offer from their dad being the president because not all children have the chance to have a president as a father or live in a national monument. And most importantly listen to what your father and mother has to say because they both are intelligent beings and know what they're talking about.
If i could talk to Obama, first i would like to congradulate him on winning over a white country. I am very happy to see some change going on. =). i would just tell him that i agreed with all of the things he said he was going to do and hope that he can accomplish what he said within the next four years. i would like to ask him to help out with college expenses, i dont think that its right that the people that want to do something with there life have to go into debt to get there. who wants to start there life off like that. i think thats the main reason why most people dont go to college. i would also like to ask him what he is going to do about the war that is still going on, i dont think there is a need to still be there anymore. we did what we went to do and its time to send the troops home. as for his 2 daughters the advice that i would give to them is to take advantage of the next four years because life will probally never be better, besides all the publicity and cameras im sure it will be a easy life. i would tell them just to have as much fun as possible and get everything that they can get out of such a experience as your father being the president. i would want them to find some fun and live a normal life, but just hope that they would try to learn as much as they could.
Just to be one hundred precent honest and this might sound extremely ignorant, but i don't really know a darn thing about politics. But i do know one thing i wish i was born a few months earlier so i could have voted, so no instead i have to wait another four years. I think it is pretty insane we now have a black president. Never in the history of the U.S. did we have a black president and finally, for once history has stopped repeating itself. I'm not trying to affend anyone, and i'm not saying mccain isn't a intelligent guy, but personally i'm thrilled to say obama is my president.
The main topic i would like to converse with Obama is college. I dread the fact of thinking of paying back all my college funds. When i think of being a teacher i begin to realize my college tuition is going to cost double of my salary; pretty sad huh? If there is a way that obama would make is so college could in a way be cheaper, that would be more then just appreciated it would probably be one of the most amazing things in the world. my parents argue with my everyday just stay at accc, your going to be in debt for the rest of your life, and this may be true but i guess i'll learn the hard way. Ever since high school i have always wanted to go away to college. Who wants to stay in a place you grew up in passing accc every week on the way to the mall, when you can go to some new, big, fun place. Along with that new, big, fun place comes thousands and thousands of dollars in debt about 80,000-100,000 thousand dollars to be exact. Think of all you could by with that money. But when you think about it we go to college to earn a degree, this degree is for our future doctors, laywers, teachers, all people that are a necessity to human survival. Paying college funds are extremely expensive, but why chrage so much when we are using our degree to help the world run smoothly everyday.
Basically, i would try and persuade Obama into fiding a way to help students go to college without paying so much. More people in the world would definitely go to college if they had the money. Not saying accc is a bad college, because my mother went there. Some people want to go away and i think the tuition should be more affordable so more people who would like to go away to college can. I would tell Obama's daughters to honestly try there very hardest in school. If you try your very best you have an excellent shot at receiving a scholarship, and it definitely would help your family out. If i grew up in the white house i would take advantage of what god has given me. Who gets to say there father is the president? a few children every four years. I would tell his daughters to get involved, and saok in as much knowledge as possible. My gradnfather told me there are no limits to learning, but you have to want to learn. You have to read and write and this is what i would tell his daughters. I have alot of trust in obama, and his decisions to come. I do believe he will make a change and accompany the U.S. as much as he can. GO OBAMA !
Getting some face time with Obama? Personally I would be way too shy and nervous to actually give him any advice, but hypothetically I could think of a few important things that I would like to say to him for the next four years. I would start off with funding. More college funding. College is ridiculously priced and from what I understand is that with the new stimulus plan, Obama is giving a few billion dollars to colleges to remodel constructions and upgrade computers. Upgrades and new technology would be great, but then we would have to pay more to keep those special upgrades continually running and up-to-date. So, where is the money for the students who attend the colleges? Let’s put the money towards the students in order to increase college students. More college students means more successful people and could very much increase our economy and benefit our society. Newer technology could give us a broader education, but the handful of billions of dollars could much be needed towards cheaper tuition. Another thing I could give him advice would be to always listen to his people. I mean, I’m sure he wouldn’t have a problem to do so, but it would be a good reminder for him. This country is our country and we share every bit of it as the next person does. So we all have American rights to create ideas and help improve our economy. Obama needs to be accessible and listening to his citizens so we can all learn new things and succeed the country in unison.
In terms of my future, I wouldn’t have much to ask besides the college funding plan I proposed earlier. Obama is the president of the United States, not of Jessica Seney. I would be more pleased if he focused on our country and not on one single person. I have nothing to ask for that would be more useful or more important than any other citizen.
I don’t know how much advice I could give to his two daughters, but I would certainly enjoy talking to them. I could tell them to represent the country and be good kids. I would also say that they should always love their dad and always talk to them. They should be able to share their ideas to him because they are part of the White House too and there should be no reason for them to be neglected. I could also give them advice that they shouldn’t get caught up in their fame and should instead, spread their wealth and fortune to those around them. It would be a very interesting conversation between me and the Obamas and I think they could learn from my advice.
If I could speak to Obama first i would probably faint for like five seconds. I love him. Then I would want to get to the straight talk I would want him to know that if he wanted to get somewhere in trying to find a remedy for this quickly crumbling nation he would have to skip the adult mumbo-jumbo and inform the youth and young at heart. Not to say the adults don't matter but it is there generations fault that the economy is in the state it is in presently and if he can start by teaching the youth and even children of today there is a slight chance that maybe tomorrow will be better. I think it should be one of his first objectives so that America can once again have hope for a sunny day. Also I would give him the advice of having a heart of a child because even the Bible say blessed is he who has the heart of a child, for he will enter the kingdom of God.
Then I would ask him how his dream world looks. I would ask him what "His Dream" sounds like. I would ask him how he was planning to achieve it and if He could do it. Then I would ask him if in his dream there were less homeless and if graduation rate for minorities was higher. I would then ask him how the world views America in his Dream. You can tell how hard someone will try and how determined they are by how many details they give. Kind of like MLK’s dream so precise and to the point of what he really wanted and he died trying to get America there.
The advice I would give America’s little angels is to not let the publicity take their innocence and turn them into icons to them call them on their faults as they get older. That’s what they do with every target I mean young celebrity. I would advise them to stay the sweet little ladies their parents are raising them to be and no matter how many people try to turn them into dolls without voices that they be seen for intelligence and integrity not mistakes.
Well first I would like to say that change has definitely come. With all that has happened in history and politics it’s safe to safe that anything, everything is possible. We finally have a black president. I also believe that it’s about time this happened. The United States of America needed some change because in the direction we were heading when bush was in the administration we were looking towards more violence and becoming more broke due to the way the economy is heading. And by what all the experts say we could be looking forward to another great depression and that doesn’t sound good at all. It just makes me afraid to even step out in the world. And I think that is something I would like to give him advice on. Well actually I don’t think I have advice for him because it might just be too late. I would just tell him that if there’s something he has planned to clean up this mess bush has created that he better act on it quickly before things get more out of control. In terms of my future, I would tell him to please find a way to get the economy back into shape because with the economy suffering badly, I don’t think I will have a chance of getting a job in four years. And that scares me deeply, it does. All the hard work I will be doing while I’m in college, preparing myself for the work force in the medical field, to in the end not being able to get a job I want and worked hard to get, just makes me not even want to think about it. To tell you the truth I would just tell Obama I am scared, because that’s the straight up honest truth. I’m afraid that things are just going to get more difficult and I would end up just struggling and suffering and I don’t want to endure that. So I would just like Obama to fix the economy for educational purposes, and employment purposes. Some advice I would give his to daughters that will be living I the white house is to stay focused and not let anyone or anything distract them from their education. Because yes Obama is the president but after these four years no one knows who will be the next president so they have to be prepared so that they have a back up plan. Also, not to get caught up in all the fame, and cameras because that’s not good either.
Barack Obama will always be remembered in history regardless of how he decides to run the country during his four years. I was at work after the inauguration and all I kept hearing people say was I never thought I would see a black president during my life time. No doubt it’s crazy that we finally do have a black president, but it should be deeper than that. Like you said these four years are going to determine the life we are going to live in the future and color needs to be put aside. If I had the chance to meet President Obama I would first congratulate him on bring change to America and opening the eyes of many people and showing them anything and everything is possible. I would then tell him…we know you’re the first black president and I’m sure it’s an honor but put color aside and stop focusing on the barrier that you broke but the many barriers you’re going to have to break now that your president in such a screwed up world. I would tell him to reach out to us not as only a leader but a person who understands the struggles many people are facing today; financially and emotionally. We need to get past all the hard ships George Bush put us through and faith needs to be restored to Americans that we can have a leader that will look out for the best interest of the country as a whole. I would ask President Obama to think about the future of us young people, to think about his daughters futures. Even though his daughters aren’t ready for college yet, I would ask him to help college students survive in this struggling economy. During in next four years we will be in college and if the economy isn’t somewhat decent by then, all of us basically blew our education we worked hard for. We won’t be able to find jobs when we graduate and chances are we will be struggling badly like the rest of the world. I would ask him think about the young people in American and not to leave us behind just because we have yet to have our chance to contribute much to the country. I would tell his daughters to try to live like any other normal kids. I would tell them to be proud of their father but also tell them to enjoy themselves and not get caught up in the stress that might come from living in the white house. They are privileged to have such a loving family and they shouldn’t let anything change that even if their father is the president.
Wow what a change this country has gone through in these recent years. Going back say fifty years no one would think the president of the United States would be black. Well it happened and it's about time. This is history being made right before our eyes. So far i think everyone is taking this whole situation well since everyone was saying how much of a controversy this would be and some people wouldn't be able to handle a black president.
If i had face time with Obama I would probaly ask questions towards my future. I would mention education and if he is planning on doing anything to help the education of students these days. I would also talk about the economy and if he will try to bring the employment rate back up since i will be graduating college at the end of his first four year term. I don't really know what i would want to give him for advice. I guess i would tell him to make decisions in agreement with the poeple and help to build our economy back up. And that he already has made history and could make even bigger history by turning this country around into the right direction. As for his daughters, don't take everything for granted, and now understand that their father is probaly the most busy man on earth.
If I was face to face with obama I would first tell him cut all the political bologna and get him to tell me when he really wants to do with the country. All politicaals do is just tell you what you want to hear, they never tell you what they really want. After that the advise I would give him is to be careful. He is the first black president and there are a lot of racists out there that would try to kill him. So he should try to do everything he can to stay safe and still do a good job as president. I also would want him to do something about the war in Iraq. We have been there too long and we have already won the war we just need to slowly take our troops outer there and let the country hold their own steady government. In terms of my future I would tell him to give good benefits to Air Traffic Controllers and make sure that they are always needed.
They advise I would give to Obamas 2 daughters is to have fun. They are the president of the United States children they can do whatever the hell they want. At any moment they can tell all the butlers and maids in the White House that they want McDonalds and the next second their munching on happy meals. I would just have so much fun just running through the halls of the White House and play with all the expensive stuff and just get all the Secret Service to do stuff for me. I would tell the daughters to also not be rich brats. Sometimes when little kids have a lot of power they abuse it and don’t even realize it. So I would tell them to treat people they way they would want to be treated. I would also give the same advise I gave Obama to be careful, they need to realize that some people dislike their father and would kill him if they had the chance so they should have fun but still be safe.
If I had some face time with Obama, the first thing I would ask him about would be the dreadful economy. I'm only a senior in High School and I worry about money everyday. Some of the colleges that I have applied to would total at least 120,000 dollars just for tuition. I am planning to take on a 120,000 dollar cost and can barely fill up my gas tank. Obama has four years, by which time I will just be entering the labor force, so I would ask him to help fix the economy by creating jobs. When I get out of college I would like there to be a job for me. I would ask him to give money to help students pay for school because the debt that college will cause me is almost overwhelming. I know that the government gives out money through FAFSAs, but as I recently found out, the government will give me a life-saving $100 a year. It would be nice to get a little bit of help from the government.
The advice that I would give to Obama's daughters, is to not get a big head. I think that living in the white house and being the child of the president might make them spoiled or conceeded. I think Obama will not let them become conceeded because he grew up with nothing. I would also tell his daughters to not let people get to you. No matter how great a president, there will always be people that hate him and want to attack him. His daughters should learn to ignore those people because they just want to cause trouble. Overall, I think Obama will do a great job and he will lead out of this recession that we are in.
To be honest i do not know what i would say to obama because truth is I'm ignorant to the whole election, presidency, and economy thing. I don't know what problems we have in our economy except that there just isn't enough money and people are constantly getting laid off from work. So, i dont think i could give him advice being so ignorant to the subject but I could give him a suggestion i suppose. As far as I know, I heard on the radio Obama started pulling back soldiers from the war and stopped all orders that Bush gave. So hearing that, would that be the smartest move? If we pull back the soldiers wouldn't America be more vulnerable than we ever were, especially considering the recession we're going through and the condition our economy is in? Also, I thought I heard Obama wanted to put more money toward the education of America than anything else but then what happens to the people who are in need of money and jobs?
When I was at votech earlier today I asked my chef if she know of any baking jobs because I"m in need of job real bad. She turns to me, with the most serious face and says, "there aren't any, at least that I know of." She told me that a girl that she was speaking to earlier, that she once taught, had a baking job but she was laid off from all the workers and now she is in desperate need for one but can't find any. She said I would be lucky to find a job like that with the recession going on. All my hopes were lost when she gave me this information. I mean baking is what I'm going to school for, what i9s the sense of going to school for baking now if there isn't going to be any jobs? i feel as now i have to rethink of the career field I want to go into.
For Obama's two daughters, I would tell them to help daddy in anyway possible and to keep him less stressed considering he is the president of an entire country. I would tell them to have fun at there stay in the White house and milk it for everything it's worth!
Yesterday, I watched the number of performances, parades, and celebrations to recognize our new president of the United States, Barack Obama. His inauguration speech was something that people have waited so long to hear. Our country witnessed history. Barack Obama and his family moved his things into the White House as the first African American family to live there. This event marked hope, progress, and change. The bar is set high for Obama and a lot of pressure is on him to bring the country back out of the horrible position George Bush has gotten us into. The next four years will be a big deal for me. And when the next election rolls around, I will be a senior in college, ready to graduate, ready to go out into the world and find a job to support myself. This time for people in the past was a time of relief. They had their degree, and that was the hard part. For us, however, our tough road does not stop there. Actually, the task of actually finding a job could very well be more stressful than all of the work, studying and exams in college. Our generation is placed in a very hard predicament when it comes to being on our own and supporting ourselves. This is because things are getting more and more expensive to buy and you can not buy anything if you are not making an income. Our economy is shattered. If I could ask Obama for anything in terms of my future during his presidency, I would just ask for him to provide the people of America the opportunity to have the tools they need to live in a depression such as jobs and affordable housing and healthcare. If I had some face time with Obama, I would give the advice to follow his heart because his character and determination led him to do what no one has ever done before and that shows he is capable of great things. He is intelligent enough to know not to follow George Bush’s ideas. As his two daughters as they grow up in the White House, I would give them the advice to listen to their parents. They are a set of truly amazing people who can lead them in a remarkable direction of success. I know being the president’s daughters could be a hard thing to deal with while being kids; however the positives will weigh out tremendously. (especially the chef, and maids, and celebrity friends, and all that kind of great stuff!) I would tell them to stay on the right path, look to your parents as an inspiration, and know that greatness is in your genes.
Barack Obama. History made is history to learn. I think that Barack has a lot of pressure on his shoulders. If he does well, America will say we needed a drastic change in a president all along. And if he does badly, America would say that’s what happens when you elect change. For Barack, I would advise him to do everything opposite as Bush. Therefore, he can not fail. Just kidding, kind of. But I would advise him to keep his word. Many presidents lie during campaigns just to be elected. Obama needs to be that one president who follows through with his promises. I would also advise him not to feel less important than any of the other presidents just because some Americans aren’t in favor of him. I would encourage him to make a personal goal, to change their views in showing how much he cares for our country. Not by favoring some, but by making everything equal.
I remember my grandma always telling me stories when she was little. She always used to say how much safer it was back then. Back when everyone said no to drugs and violence was rare. I would like Obama to strive to get it back to the way things were, when innocence roamed the streets.
I would also talk to him about our economy. I’m afraid about my future when it comes to money. After college I don’t want to be overwhelmed with debts, I want to focus on starting my career, family, and life. I understand that money will always be an issue, but Obama has a chance to make it less of. I would also ask him why he wanted to become president? Is it because he had so many ideas and he wanted to better America? Or was it more personal in a way that he was always expected to become the first African American President? I’ve always wanted to know that about a president. This one, with more than his duties on his shoulders.
I’ve watch his girls on television and they seem very mature. It must be awful to be a child and be forced look perfect all the time. I’m sure when the doors are closed they are relived to act normal. The advice I would give to them is to be themselves all throughout their life. It would be a shame for them to grow up too fast and miss their childhood years just because of media. The economy is too quick to judge people, famous people. Some times I feel bad for them and want to scream out to the media, “THEY’RE JUST HUMAN!!”
yes history has changed and i am glad for that but i truely believe that obama isn't the right person for the job of being president. i am not saying that i don't want a black president but to me he doesn't have enough experience in politics. first of all this economy is going to be in a depression soon and he doesn't show great leadership because the first thing he does is go waste millions on a party. come on please that money could of went to change in this counrty. he suppously wants change but i don't think he will be able to make it even with our counrty backing him.
if i had the chance to give him advise i would say it not time to party and have a good time, you need to buckle down and realize that this country needs a wise and brillant man leading us out of the darkness into the light. he needs to study more on the history of this country and makes changes so that we can help lift this counrty up to the strongest it has ever been before. i think if i had the chance to ask him to make a difference in the next for years i think it would have to be the unemployment problems. more and more innocent people are losing jobs and cant find a new one because company cant afford to pay there employes already so if he could makes jobs and start to move this counrty in a postiove way that all i ask but i won't lie i doubt him. for his two daughter i say first they need to congradulate thier father and be glad for the chance to live in the white house. they should be glad to be added to history and that can't change. so with theire power they should npt abuse it, they should make their father and there country proud of them so dont be fools girl. just be yourself and show what colors you are, you don't need to change your charcter just because you live in the white house but you also don't need to act stupid just because your father is the president. last but not least be happy and good luck.
I don't find it entirely interesting that he is a black president. to me he is a guy that wants to make up for the crap our other president messed up. That is to me what he means by change. Anyway i would tlak to him like i would talk to anyone else. I would most likely pretend like i didn;t even know him and ask the most basic questions, that way his reactions will seem more real to me. There are definately a lot of things he is litterally not allowed to say, but somehow i would get around all the kind of talking. I just want a real conversation with him, becuase that's amazig. I would ask him to consider a 16 year school system, which would include college as optional after highschool, but it would be public so it wouldn't cost anything. I know that is the way Italy is and sisnce so many people are going to college these days why not make it easier on everyone, and I'm sure that would help the economy. I would tell him that whatever he does probably wont even matter for about 15 years and he should always keep his cool when things aren't going well. Don't let people make fun of him the way they made fun of Bush. Obama is a good guy and I would suggest that he keeps his rep. I would also ask him to make money available for college grants, becuase it is jsut so expensive. If kids straight out of college are paying loans out of their butt then maybe he should make money available for that, especially if they can bail out a huge company with almost a trillion dollars. His daughters? They dont really matter to me. But i guess i would tell them they are going to have a great time in the white house and they should make sure they don't do anything stupid. Or maybe do something to get a lot of attention and take the focus of their father if he does anything wrong. Obama will do a good job. Hopefully.
I am so excited that Barack Obama is our new president. I'm sure that everyone thought that when he first started running for election, that he wouldn't win. Well, they were definately wrong. Obama found a way to unite people of all different races and religions and that's something amazing. Now that he's finally in office,there is a lot of work to be done with repairing the U.S. Economy. If I had a chance to speak with Obama, I would give him advice about a lot of things including the younger generation. College costs are ridicously high, and most people never pay off their college loans and debts. I would suggest to him that he could come up with some kind of program so people wouldn't have to pay the college back. I would also casually bring up the whole health care thing and 401k's. This is very vital because healthcare is hard to get/find these days and people are getting rid of pensions and things like that.I would tell President Obama that he should keep 401k's so that people in their 80's wouldn't have to work, because they shouldn't have to. Lastly, I would tell him that his presidency shouldn't be all about his race and to not lose sight of all that he's worked for. If he keeps saying that he's the first black president, people are going to get tired of it and not want to support him anymore. As far as my future, I would ask him to create more jobs in the U.S. for people and not ship them overseas. This way he is making the economy better so that we won't fall into a depression. Lastly, I would tell his daughters to enjoy their new life but don't take advantage of it. They shouldn't change their attitudes and become all prissy because their dad runs the country. They should still have to do some kind of chore to keep them humble you could say. The most important thing is that when they are in front of the press, do not draw any kind of negative attention towards themselves because that reflects back on Barack and Michelle as parents.
Wow. I can’t believe that yesterday was finally the day that Barack Obama finally became the first black African American to become president. Although I wasn’t able to vote, I would have without hesitation voted for Obama. It feels too unreal when I think about the fact that I was able to witness the inauguration for Obama. It feels good to know that I’m going to tell my kids that I was sitting in school while Obama became president for the first time. Martin Luther King Junior must be so proud of our country since that was what he fought for. Finally, our country decided to make a change for once (which I think it’s the best decision we have taken as a country.)
Some advice that I would give Obama is to just follow your heart in every decision that he feels is best for our country. I would tell him to always remember who he is and never forget why he wanted to become president (to make a difference.) He should also look to his wife for some advice. Even though some people might hate him for being the first Black African American President, he should still hold his head up high and prove to everyone that he can and will make a difference. Another point of advice I would give him is to help our economy get better. We all know that we don’t want to go through a depression because that would just be horrifying! I would also say something about our college funds. Know that I’m soon going to college; I worry about all the money I’m going to have to spend. It’s scary to know that I wouldn’t be able to pay it off or pay it off until the age of 50! I think we would be paying college off by contributing to the world and helping other out.
When it comes to his daughters, I would tell them to never forget who they are. Now that they are living at the White House, their friends might be jealous and end up backstabbing them. But they should always believe in themselves and never forget who they are. Enjoy your childhood and to appreciate everything that is done for them by their family. They should also always obey your dad because just because he became president doesn’t mean that he won’t have time to discipline them as well.
You ask me what advice would I give him gee the only thing I can think of is keep up the good work and watch your back at all time cause assassination for you is at an all time high right now. I really don’t know much about the election the only importance that I do know is that he is the first black president. But what I would ask him is to help more with college tuition. I really don’t see why we have to pay for college. Education should be free. And as well employment, people are getting laid off. And a majority of need those jobs to pay for them expensive book for college. As well as these young teenagers around here which really need these jobs. Times right now are very rough well I know it is in my household. I think he should give this economy an boost and start passing out money so families can make ends meet and put some food on the table. And as well as the war its still going on he needs to bring the troops back home. There is so much that he needs to do that it is ridiculous. This country is in the biggest hole its ever seen. And all I can ask is for Obama to put his heart and soul in this country and make this country better. As well for his two daughters all I can say is live the life you have now to the fullest. Any female would loove to be in the position that they are in. And they should savor and cherish this moment because in four more years it will be all in the past. And as well spent as much time as u can with your dad because you never know when it might be his last now that he is in the white house and all.
All I have 2 say is FINALLY. I have waited so long for a president that is of a different race. I never in my life saw so many people at an inauguration. It was so cool seeing all of the stars showing that they were fully behind Barack Obama. Every parent has told their child that they can be anything they want to be. I always thought to myself that excludes being the president of the United States of America. Know I believe that anything is possible. If I spoke to Obama face to face I would advice him to take his time. Don’t rush your decisions. If he rushes decisions that could affect the economy even more. I would also tell him that he needs to do what he said he was going to do will he was campaigning. I would also tell him not to loose his morals and always know the type of person he is. If he does change it has to be for the better and not for the worse. He can’t get much worse than former president Bush. If I talked to him face to face, I would ask him when I get out of college are there going to be a lot of jobs open or is the United States going to be in a Depression. I am so worried about the college loans that I am going to have to pay. College is really expensive. I would also ask him if taxes are going to go up and if there is going to be social security when I get older. The advice I would give his daughters is to have fun. Don’t forget about being a kid. They must not go over bored and make their parent look bad, but the still have to enjoy their childhood. The down side is they are moving to a new house and have to make new friends. They have to not change and treat their dad the same way you treated him before he was president. I really hope Obama does a good job with this country. I hope he makes everything right.
I know that most people in high school support Obama some know what he’s all about while others on the other hand seem to be just jumping on the band wagon. I know that people aren’t going to like me because I’m going to say this but I think that if Obama was white then me wouldn’t have gotten as many votes as he did. There’s no way to prove this but then again we are all entitled to our own opinion. Although I may not be a fan of Obama I am a fan of democracy and our ability to elect our government officials. It is a little BS that there are some people who are mentally capable of voting but just so happen to be a little behind on the whole age standard, but anyway I’m glad that we have a new president because it shows that the system is working. Some things that I would like to say to him though is to first of all never be afraid of constructive criticism because I’ve never met the guy so I don’t know how he’ll handle it. Another thing though that goes along the same lines is never turn down advice but on the other hand never take it blindly.
It seems as though I am in a different predicament than my other peers. I know that once I get out of college I will have a job when I get out of college. I will be an officer in a branch of the service, which one depends on where I go. I would like it if Obama didn’t strip the military down like 50% it’d be nice to have my job out of college and not get discharged after 5 years. A military with some substance is almost the only way to stay in the game as a world power. We need to have some recognition if we want to really get anything done; you need to be able to back it up. A last thing would be to learn from other great presidents in the past like FDR and Lincoln.
To his daughters I would just like the to never forget where they come from, that there are people who don’t get to go on scavenger hunts for the Jones Brothers the day they move into their new house. Some people can barely even afford the house they are living in now.
First of all I am very happy for Barack Obama. People said a black man would never be in office. Thank you Barack for proving them wrong. Watching the Inauguration made me very happy. Not just because Barack is coming into office, but because Bush is finally out. I feel like a huge amount of problems is going to be lifted off of America's back now that Barack Obama is running things. Now we just have to leave it to Barack to do what is right for the country.
I am completely behind Barack Obama. I feel as though he can help us recover from this "economical drought." If I had the opportunity to sit in the same room as Barack Obama to give him as much advice as I possibly could, I would not know where to start. I guess the first thing I would say is, "Just don't repeat what HE (Bush) did." I would tell Barack that for the next four years I to do everything to the best of your ability. The reason is because we have seen the complete opposite for a good 8 years. I would tell Barack not to overwork what he is doing and to develop a stronger game plan, and to master that plan and stick to it. By staying with a strong game plan he will be sure to accomplish his new goals. The biggest thing I would ask of Obama is to make so that people will not be scared to spend money. What I am saying is to improve Americas economical status. I want to have the ability to go to college and come out living in a house and not a box. I would just tell Obama, "Do what you got to do." I just want to have the ability to do what I please in the world, and not have to worry about living in a box and supporting my future family with a job that pays you "dirt." I have faith tat Obama can carry us out of this mess.
For Barack's two daughters I would tell them to just "live life." I live by this philosophy a lot. I am basically saying do not take anything for granted, and to live life to the best of their ability. I would tell them to live life with a smile, no matter what the situation is, because nothing in the world in guaranteed. "Love those who hate you."
The next four years will be a time of change in our nation. For the first time in history our country will be in the hands of an African American leader. Many people think this could be a terible thing because they do not look past skin color. If people would take a look deeper then skin they would see a whole new world, and realize things that people hardly see. I for one am excited to see what will come of our new leader and if i could have the chance to talk with him i would have alot to say.
If i could meet with President Obama i would have some advice to give him about the the next four years. To start off i would mention gang violence and ways to resolve it. Our nation is rapidly growing with gang violence and the fight is an on going struggle. Moving away from what used to be a beautiful place because parents are scared for the safety of their children it's horrible. If i can give any advice to help change the future of generations to come it would be to focus more on the safety of our nation, and clean up the streets of gangs and their activity.
In terms of my future i would also like to make some suggestions to help not only myself, but other young adults today.More and more children grow up with out one or both of their parents. I have alot of friends who tell me about how hard life is for their single parent. If a student is willing to go to college and make something of their lives instead of being out on the streets, i believe they should have that opportunity. Getting into a top school is nearly impossible today unless you are a "star student", or have a lot of money to pay tuition. For my future and the future of others i believe if a student is willing to learn, then the price shouldnt be so much. As i first mentioned life is hard enough for many people just trying to pay the bills, let alone trying to get a good education to better their lives.
Last but not least i would give some advice to Obamas two daughters. My advice to them would be to follow in their fathers foot steps. Never giving up is the best gift you could give yourself. A dream is a dream, but that dream is also reality that hasnt been found yet. No matter the dream big or small with enough effort you can make it happen. No one person should every make you feel like anything is impossible, because nothing is impossible. If we can have a man on the moon, then we can have anything. Follow your hearts and you will never go wrong.
Hmmm this is most definitely a toughie since not only have I never met the man, or know anything about what he will need to be able to do as President but I mean he must already be quite knowledgeable and have a pretty good idea of what he needs to do in order to succeed as the forty-fourth president. I suppose I would have to say that he now has the opportunity to be a brand new bright shining star who can reach his rays of warmth out to the hearts of almost every American citizen. He can lead us into a new revolution, and creating new standards such as using technology to his advantage with websites such as Twitter and Digg and Blogger and Youtube to stay connected to almost every single person around the globe. This would give people a feeling of knowing the president more than most have for the last, maybe 30 years. Back in the day many would sit around their radios looking forward to Roosevelt’s “fireside chats” and Obama can modernize this technique with the internet today.
Also, Barack is an amazing illustration of someone who has been able to overcome the problems of racism and discrimination and this demonstration not only shows that change is rapidly taking place in this country but that no matter what your race, religion, or middle name you can still achieve your dreams if you strive to reach them. No longer will minorities feel as though they are meant to have sub-par jobs for their entire life as long as Obama continues to show that it doesn’t matter what you look like, anyone can be loved and supported by a country. Aside from telling him he has the potential to be one of the most influential people to ever lead our country I would ask him to do everything in his power, and I mean EVERYTHING, to protect my future from an oncoming depression. Sure it may be too late to avoid it all together, but if he can keep employment up and get me job out of college then I would be truly grateful. There is nothing I would hate more than to be in debt from college, not have a job, and have nowhere to live.
As for Obama’s daughters, well I would say that their father has made quite a legacy of himself and as they grow up they shouldn’t do anything that could bring shame to his name, or take advantage of their lifestyle. Sure they can enjoy it, but hopefully they won’t turn out to be snobby, ungrateful jerks that make bad decisions and draw attention to themselves to doing stupid things. Instead they should learn from their father and realize what a great thing he has accomplished. No other child can say that their father was the first black president of the united states, and they should learn from what he has done because who knows, one of them could turn out to be the first Black women president if they do as their father did, Yet this also depends on how Obama fares in office
First off I want to start this with a big CONGRADULATIONS to the 44th president, BARACK OBAMA!!! He made history of being the first black president of the United States. Being black as a president, plays a big part in his presidentcy. Us as colored people were known as being ignorant, unsuccessful people, and all the torture in slavery that we've taken in couldnt stop us from having a black president. He has shown the whole world that anything is possible, and we can accomplish anything if we put our minds to it and just try.
Having face time with Obama olone is just overwhelming. But due to the fact that we're in a recession, i would advise him to end the recession before it leads to a bigger problem, such as the DEPRESSION.He could do this by keeping track of the automotive, banking, petroleum and mortgage industry, and not to mention stock market. I would tell him to scrtinize thier spending and reporting. just holding them accountable for thier actions could change our economy. If we keep goin at this rate with the money issue, it will be nearly impossible to pay off college and get our own place after we graduate.
Obama is known for his extreme intelligence. Being a graduate from Harvard and having an I'q of 144 ( which is to be known as a genus)he would understand how important education is to the United States. So i would ask him to help with more scholarships and more financial aid, to help me pursure my career in graphic arts.
Im pretty sure being the daughters of the president would be a wounderful experience. Being able to do whatever you please is the freedom that us as a regular citizen couldnt handle. So i would advise them to not take advantage of thier freedom. Understand the position that thier father is in, and dont do anything to jeopardize his presidentcy...........
BARACK OBAMA BABY!!!!!
From the economy to foreign policy there are many issues that need to be addressed by, now, President Obama, so its hard to think where to start when it comes to giving Obama advice about the next four years. Aside from begging him not to be anything like President Bush, even though I don’t think anyone could be that bad, I would tell President Obama that the first thing that he needs to deal with is our financial/economic issues in the U.S.. Since I was a young girl I always remember learning about one of the worst worldwide tragedies known to mankind, The Great Depression. It was a time of devastation, stock markets had crashed, banks were no longer in business, and the economy and its people slowly sunk into poverty. This economic struggle lasted for about ten years and no thanks to President Hoover, President Roosevelt helped the United States get out of the depression. You see its one thing to go down in history as being one of the trillions of people that witnessed the first black man to ever become President, but it’s another thing to go down in history books as being a survivor of the worlds second Great Depression. Already being in a recession our country isn’t far from going into another depression, especially if we keep heading the ways were heading, and I’m sure Obama is already well aware of that. With the United States being in such a state of turmoil everyone is looking at Obama for a change and I’m sure having the weight of the world on his shoulders is far more important than taking advice from a high school student. Although, if I did get that couple minutes of face time with President Obama the advice I would give him would be exactly this. History has a way of repeating itself so he should learn from the problems that occurred in the United States in the past, such as the Great Depression, and apply previous Presidents solutions along with his own so we can avoid another depression. As for his daughters, well I can’t really give advice on how to behave or what to do when you’re the Presidents daughter because I myself haven’t been honored with such a title. Although, what I would tell them is something that they could use for the rest of their lives, as the Presidents daughters or not. I would tell the girls that they should always stay true to themselves and never forget where they came from or who their family is because in the end that’s all you’ll have. But most of all, I would tell the girls not to let the fame of being the Presidents daughters get to their heads because the limelight only lasts for so long but education and morals lasts forever!
What advice would I give Mr. Obama? Well funny that comes up because anyone who knows me knows I have a very LOW opinion on him. As for advice I would tell him not to make people who work their butts off 6 days a week some 14 hours a day because they made something out of their life. I would suggest that he thinks more of what people do for themselves. If someone chooses to sit home and fail at life than they should pay the same percentage as someone who works. I would ask why he thinks people who bust their butts should pay so much. So the advice would be to reconsider what he thinks of taxing the people who work for a living and lowering taxes for the lazy people in the country. Also just as any other person in the white house or main area that would be a target to a terrorist I would say watch out. Tomorrow does not promise happiness or an easy day. I would tell him that you never know being in a position of great authority with a number of people already not liking him, when he messes up like a lot of presidents can do, it probably won’t be pretty so he should make smart decisions and do what is right not try to please everyone. I have a few other things, but I do not believe they are really appropriate to type on here.
In this interaction with Mr. Obama, I would not know where to start about what I would want him to do for me as a person 4 years from the working world. Just as the start I would ask him not to take my parents and the money I have earned because we work for what we have and shouldn’t have to pay for the person sitting at home choosing to not work or even try. Other than that I would hope he could just attempt to make his presidency worth the worlds loss and make at least so when I get into the world I can work, eat, sleep, and well live.
At least their daughters don’t have a bad thing coming from me if I was talking to them. I would tell them to be careful. No matter the race or background of the president there are people after them and possibly their families. I would say something to the fact of how it would be cool to grow up there, but it’s dangerous. No matter how much I dislike Mr. Obama, I would wish them the best and tell them to enjoy their 4 years there, but watch out cause you never know what tomorrow brings whether its controversy or happiness.
YEAH THIS IS MY OPINION!
What advice would I have to give to Obama if I had one on one time with him? That is a pretty tough question. I really don’t know what he says that he is going to do for us. But I guess if I had to think of something then I would prolly just tell him to do the best that he can. Also to take his time when making decisions that could change history more then it already had with him becoming the first black president. I think that I would also tell him to try to do the best that he could do to help the economy. Many people are losing jobs and struggling for money. So I think that should be something that he should keep in mind while he is in office. I think that helping out with college funds and things in that area would be good for him to work on. College is a big part of everyone’s life. With out a college degree you really cant get that far. And college is not a cheap thing to get into. There are a lot of things that add up to the college cost. Most of the kids that are goin to college don’t really have all that money to be paying back. So for my future it would be nice if he could help out in that way some how. What advice would I have for his two daughters while growing up in the white house? That is pretty hard to. I have no idea what the white house is like. All I know is that there lives will be completely different from now until the day they die. They will have secret service with them 24/7. there personal lives are kind of shot. So if I had to give advice is watch your back. Ha. They should try to live it up while they can because its there new lives.
Barack Obama our first black president of the United States. It’s hard to believe that this is even possible but it makes me aware of how special our generation is. Hearing story’s of segregation and how times were back 60 years ago makes me think how people can change for the better. If I had to offer some advice to Barack it would be to help out future college students. In the next four years I will be graduating college and will be trying to find a job that will offer security and great pay. If the economy keeps going under there will be no hope for my classmates and me. It’s already hard for most students to make it through college but coming out of college with no job would defeat the purpose of going in the first place. I would like to feel that I can trust our government once again. It’s hard to wake up everyday working for this country when I feel like it’s stealing my money everyday. Bush was a liar that just wanted other countries oil and the war was just to profit himself. The United States needs a leader that will benefit the people of the nation not a president that runs the country to the ground. I would also like to tell Obama to stay safe. Be true to himself and do what you think is right for our country. The decision he makes now does not only affect us but his two little girls. I would like to tell his daughters to enjoy themselves. This is an unreal life style and they should live it up. They should also not listen to the negative that they may hear about there father. There are some narrow minded people in the world that just don't understand.
If I had face time with Barack Obama I would have to ask him a large set of questions. The top one would have to be where he thinks that our economy will be in the next few years. When I come out of college will I be able to get a well paying or will I have no chance in the world? Will we have more days where five hundred people are laid off at one time, or large business go bankrupt? I would have to ask if he believes that the stock market will bounce back from it's current position.If so or not then will we still have social security, and retirement funds? Since college is coming up soon I would ask if he plans on doing anything about the outrageous price of attending college. Then of course what it is that he will do to increase the education received in schools from first grade through college years.My last question is most likely only important to me and that would be if he plans on giving more funding to the space program. If I was lucky enough to give the president advice there wouldn't be to much to say. I would tell him though to try and work as well as he possibly can with the United Nations and other countries. Then that he should try his hardest to be sure that every single member of his cabinet is doing everything that they can to make life better for the American people. Lastly my advice would be that you are the president of the US and we trust in you to make the tough decisions, so do what you honestly think is best for the people. To his two daughters I would have to say to stay out of any type of trouble no matter how small because the media will not hesitate to make it into a very big deal. Then of course to always support their father, and help him in any ways that they think are possible, because he has the single most stressful job in the world. But besides that they are the poster children for America which is a big deal but they should be just fine.
If I were to have some face to face time with barrack Obama, some advice I would give him about the next four years would be: stay behind protective glass at all times, America is a crazy place and you’re the biggest deal in it; anyone lucky enough to pull it off would kill you. At the inauguration I was told that he was behind some smartly, unfortunately I wasn’t ‘lucky’ enough to watch history unfold because my teachers would rather have the tele shut off. Another thing that I would tell to Obama would be to be smart about being the President, Change is good but too much change is bad. I would tell Obama that he might upset the people of America with some of the ‘change’ decisions that he’s making. And the final advice that I would give to Obama would be to not drink alcoholic beverages. It may sound funny but if he gets caught drinking and a picture is taking his Presidential Career is OVER. The politics and paparazzi would blow up the situation into something ridiculous and false.
The main subject that I would ask Barrack Obama would be in the near future make our economy better. We are in the start of another depression and I believe that Obama has the power and smarts to get us out of it. This comment is not only for me, it’s for everyone in the present and the future. The main part I would focus on is getting our economy back on track in terms of everyone not getting laid off and able to keep our jobs. If Obama can do that over his 1st term and if he decides to run for a 2nd, I believe that he will be our only successful President.
And finally the advice that I would give to Obama’s daughters growing up in the white house would to of course be care as can be. Once again the people of the world are crazy and if they see the President of the United States daughter walking the streets she/they WILL be kidnapped for a ransom. This wouldn’t happen because of the security that will always be following them but you never know. The girls of the white house also have to learn that their lives are never going to be the same again. They are now always on every ones main focus pretty much and any mess-ups/ achievements will be noticed.
I have never really been too into the whole presidential schemes that have gone on for the past years. I know that whoever is president will effect my life and future, but I was never interested in what was going on and tried to make it seem as if it did not effect me. Since I was so young the whole time Bush was president, the economy always had a direct effect on my parents and not just singly me. They always had a good way of hiding crisis situations that our family may have encountered just so that me and my brother would not have to worry. But now as I am almost 18 years old, and we have a new president just elected, I know that his choices for our country will effect my self as a whole. It would be up to him whether I will make a decent living with a career I choose, have a nice home, be able to eventually support a family, and be able to have a plan after retirement. Bush almost knocked us right down the black hole, but somehow the economy was able to hang on the edge before it was too late. I would tell Obama that he could not possibly harm our economy any more that Bush has already done to it. Our country has already prepared for the worst, and now with Obama, we are hoping for the best. It would be like a gift from god if our country could go back to how it was before the eight years of Bush, and I believe that is what we are all hoping Obama wants too. I would just like to be able to go to college without anymore financial worries along the way than there will already be for me. Along with that, I would like to be able to drive my car to and from college and work, yes I would like to maintain a stable job, without worrying about the gas prices jumping up to five dollars a gallon which our economy can not handle. For once, I would like things to finally be stable once again. As for his daughters, I’d like them to take this experience while they can and learn from everything. Not too many of us get the opportunity to grow up four to eight years in the white house. They just need to make sure not to get caught up in the negative things, because as the President’s daughters, it is seen as twenty times worse than it would for just some average girl around the corner.
the 44th president..... Barack Obama, i couldnt believe it i was so happy and excited and i didnt know what to say but wow. there were so many people, so many people at inauguration at washington DC, i never seen that many people in my whole life, it was amazing. All of these people were outside in the cold waiting for hours to support obama, people didnt care if they got sick, i mean i would have done it too if i had the chance. Barack Obama finnaly made history, everybody will remember him because he is a brave, smart, strong man and also the fact that he is black,,,,,, he is the first black president in the U.S of America. To tell u the truth this made me realize that anything is possible, my parents have telling me that for the longest and i never believe them until now. my parents told me that i can set my mind into anything i want and i can get it and the key is hard work, because nothing is easy and nothing is just thrown at you, you have to work for it. If i had a chance to speak to barack, i would be speechless at first,i wouldnt know what to say at first because i will just stare at him with a big smile on my face,,,,,,,,,, i would first congradulate barack and tell him how powerful and smart he is,,, i assume he already know that but i will still tell him. the main advice i would tell barack is that our economy is terible right now and we need to fix it, because if this money issue never stop some people will not be able to have a job and students like us wont be able to pay for college. i would also tell him to do the best he can do with our country and try to end the war, try to bring people ba from the war and stuff like that. Barack has 2 daughters and i am assuming they are smart, brave and strong just like their dad, so i will tell them that to stay strong, brave and smart and i would also tell them that they can be anything they want, just never give up and work hard because iam sure thats how their dad there because he never gave up hope.
CONGRATS BARACK OBAMA, THE 44th PRSIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES
there is a lot of advice people would give to obama and im sure everyone would like to give him their great ideas. there is only so much one man can do and people should be aware that some of their expectations may be a little extreme. that being said there are only a few things i would give obama advice for. one thing would be to not let the media make you give up on anything. the media will take any little thing and blow it out of proportion just to make someone look horrible. this is especially true with the president. any little decision or action will be criticized by everyone and this is something he will have to look past. another thing is to set little goals that lead up to bigger ones. setting a goal to solve the economy is a very big jump. making little goals to help the economy is a more reasonable approach. trying to bring the economy out of its slump in one move is impossible. i would ask him not to screw me over by getting rid of jobs or making the social security situation any worse. for his daughters i would just advise them to make the best of their time there. also i would tell them to ignore what other kids their age may make fun of them for just because they live in the white house. lastly i would tell them to always be there for their father and support him on his decisions because knowing he has the support of his family will make him a stronger more confident leader and that is something we need in terms of a president
If I had some time to talk face to face with Barack Obama I would probably tell him to think of what his goal is for the next four years. Once he knows what he wants to do I’d recommend that he stay true to what he wants to accomplish because politics can change a man, and not in the Change that Obama stands for, but in a corrupt way. Our sixteenth president, Abraham Lincoln, stated that “Nearly all men can stand the test of adversity, but if you really want to test a man's character, give him power.” These are wise words that I would tell Obama to remember so that he doesn’t make the mistake of falling into corruption as many have before him.
Besides power I would remind him that race is only skin deep. Being the first president with African heredity is quite an accomplishment but it’s not a subject that his campaign should deal with. His job is to serve and lead the American people not support the black community. I’m not saying he shouldn’t try to deal with optimizing the equality of all the American people. I just think that a lot of people are focusing on the fact that he’s black rather than looking at his character. I don’t think I’d have to tell him much more because he seems like he’ll make a very competent president.
I would ask that he does everything in his power to ensure that our country becomes once again financially stable. Besides the economy I would also wish for peace with Iraq and all other countries, as well. I would also ask that he keeps his composure as much as possible because good composure displays strength, and we need a strong president right about now.
Besides Barack I would also tell his two daughters to keep there composure as well. As the daughters of the president a lot of attention will be focused on them and if they happen to loose their poise, then that makes the whole family look weak. I would tell them to enjoy their time at the white house and pay attention to how our country works because having that kind of knowledge can get a person far.
Barack Obama. A man who made history by votes as it just took fourty-four presidents to change a colorful nation. I really do hope people didn't vote for him because he's black but moreorless because of the potential people see within him. Advice that I could offer Obama -- like John (I think?) said the other day, he couldn't do worse than Bush. I really hope that he does turn definitely our economy around, the education system, motherhood controversies, college potentials. I would advise Obama to take away the SATS. SATS is a craptest that in my opinion doesnt show a child's true potential. it's a scare-tactic for them NOT to go to college. There has got to be a better way to allow kids who want to go to college but don't have the finances or the good education to. Also, allow pregnant teens more choices and chances; everything has to go through their parents first but maybe if adults didn't doubt their children so much in the first place and give them the responsibilities of an adult instead of saying, "you're too young for this and that and that and this." aka "you're too young to make a choice." so many teens would not have been stuck in a corner so soon. I think if Barack Obama increased teaching wages and teacher tests more... not the "A. B. C. D" ones on different subjects, but a psych evaluation type thing, make subbing a little longer, schools would have a better chance at giving a better education and i dont think there'd be as many dropouts because kids would actually feel like they are understood more. Last but not least -- economy. HOW on earth did Bush drive us to the edge of the Great Depression? I have never heard/seen so many people eating up unemployment in my life. Do what Roosevelt (I think?) did, not the whole welfare thing. But just create more bunch of odd jobs just so then it would at least motivate the world to start working and having cash in their pockets again. I have never seen shopping become such a quiet sport. Last but not least, I would just advise his two daughters to support their father. Family support means so much to a father knowing his whole family has his back and as long as he's got his wife and kids behind his back, I'm sure he'll feel like he can turn America around for the better.
p.s - what's the GRE's if you dont mind me asking ?
The year 2009 will forever be marked in history as one of the most memorable election years. The reason for this is quite obvious but for those of you who may not know, we have elected our first black president. Never before has there been a black president and now that this day has finally come, we as a nation can look back on the past and see that we have made great progress. Although we still have much work to do and many more steps to take we can all agree that we are one step closer to defeating racism.
If I had an opportunity to talk to Obama face to face I really wouldn’t know what advice to give him. The only thing I could think to tell him is that he should try to keep a level head and to do his best to improve the state that our county is in. Other than that I have no real advise to give him considering I am not too heavily involved in politics. Actually I’m not the least bit involved in politics. So with that said I just hope he does a good job.
As for his two daughters I just wish them the best of luck because although they are just the presidents daughters they are going to be in the spotlight just as often as their father, and that is a lot of pressure to put on two young girls. So my advice to them is to just relax, live life, and live it up cuz how many kids get to say their dads the president!
If ever I were given the chance to speak face to face with Obama, my first words of advice would be… “Make your decisions based on what’s right for this country, not because of anything else.” That way if all of his decisions are for the good of this country and not because of his loyalty to one of his cabinet members, he’s one step ahead of George Bush. Blake made a mistake in saying not to listen to outside sources. Well that’s wrong because the President doesn’t know everything and as long as he’s surrounded with genuine people who have the right intentions than he should feel free to listen to there opinions and take their advice and make a decision from there. He’ll be fine just as long as he uses his better judgment.
Now as far as my wishes are concerned, I really want college to be more affordable for the common man. I’d also like for him to do whatever it takes to lead us out of this recession. If possible can we form a system to get better teachers who are in education for the right reasons? Teachers have a major impact on our lives and some teachers should look into another profession because they are harming us more than they’re helping us. I want us to keep our military strong even after we pull out of Iraq, because after every war history shows that we let our military go in a way. By keeping it strong then we’re ready for anything, that way the next time we have to go back to war we go in quick and leave soon, the right way.
For his two daughters I’d tell them to try not to become spoiled little girls who are used to having everything handed to them. This way they can grow into strong women. Also keep your eyes open you’re living with the president, yes your dad, but the president learn all you can. And be proud for your father will be remembered forever and you’re apart of that history.
Post a Comment