"You block your dream when you allow your fear to grow bigger than your faith."
First, in your own words, interpret that quote from Mary Manin Morrissey.
At this point in your life, what is your biggest fear? Has it always been the same? What did you fear the most when you were little? How did you overcome it? Why do you think you are afraid of whatever you are afraid of--both now and when you were young?
How often do you stop yourself from doing something because of fear? Do you ever regret not doing what you wanted to do?
When, if ever, is fear a good thing to feel? Why?
(450 words/65pts)
Sunday, October 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
47 comments:
i believe Mary Manin quote means that you would never be able to complete any goals or dreams that you one day want to if you are scared that you won't be able to do it. Fear can consume you if you don't know how to overcome the fears thats anchoring you from the finish line.If you have the faith in your self you could have the will power to beat the fear out of you so that your dream can come true.
my biggest fear in my life is that i won't be able to push myself to the limits to have my dreams come true. i have so many dreams that i want to come true but i doubt myself that i have enough skills or the power to push my limits because i don't know that i can handle all i want to take on. I want to be a chef and one day be able to own my own successful restaurant. this means i have so uch college and learning task to be able to have my dream come true. i want to succeed so bad it just every i need and my parents, that another thing that i fear, i don't want to disappoint my parents becasue i failed at my dreams to comwe true. i love my parents and i want thwm to be happy and i understand that i am not the perfect child for my parents but i don't ever want them to feel that they created something that is worthless in their eyes and mine. i can even remeber me when i was young about the size i am now i always had the same dreams but slowly but shortly these fears came on. i always tried my hardest at school cause my parents didn't so i some what feel that i am the one that living their dreams as well. i always had the frea that i never want to create any disappointment for my parents because they are looking out for the best for me. i am not sure why i am afraid that i could be the reason for me not to push myself to have my dreams in the future.
There are times that fear does stop me from doing these that are stupid and i would be upset that i did it. But there are some thing that i missed out on that i wish i could do. i some what feels that i matured so quickly then normal people, i didn't act so much like a teenager be stupid, messing up, and get in trouble so you can learn from those mistakes now instead donwn the line so that i don't screw up later. i hope that i still have time to feel that before i get out of high school or college but still be able to succeed. I am not positive if fear is a good feeling to feel. becuase it a hard emotion sometime to deal with.
The quote that Mary Manin Morrissey has stated to me basically means that if you’re afraid of something; that something will only be stopping your dream. At this point in my life my biggest fear is losing my mother. It sounds cliché but who isn’t afraid of that. She means the world to me and nothing less; I don’t know where I would be or who I would be with out her. Without her guidance and wisdom I might not be the type of person I am today. She trusts me 1000% with anything that I do and knows that I will make the right choice. Most parents talk to their kids in depth every weekend and tell them what’s right from wrong and how to make their decisions. But my mom trusts that I will do the right thing without those talks; we do have some talks on occasion and when we do they blow me away with what she says. Not only my mother though but my friends and family in general. This has been and will always be one of my biggest fears, I hate losing people in my life; I’ve lost too many friends and family and I’m not looking forward to anymore. To overcome the issues in my past with losing friends and family, it just takes time. You’re going to cry, you’re going to sob, your going to wonder why, have hate, etc. I was overwhelmed with so many emotions when my brother died last year that I didn’t know what to do, it took time (hence I am able to somewhat talk about it now). I am and was afraid of losing my family and friends because nobody wants to lose anyone; it’s not a good feeling that unfortunately everyone has to deal with. In my case with this fear, I can’t stop my self from having fear of the outcome. I don’t have any regrets in my life, whatever happens, happens; you can’t change the past, only your future. I don’t think that fear is a good thing to feel, but everyone in their life at one point will experience the emotion. If we didn’t experience fear, there would be people all around the world going insane with power because they don’t have the emotion to stop what they are doing. Every blog that is posted, there is ALWAYS one word that I look up that is the main topic of the blog even though I know what it means, ( decisions, happiness, stillness, darkness, etc.) but fear has the most interesting definition to me. Fear-A distressing emotion aroused by impending danger, evil, pain, etc., whether the threat is real or imagined;. This made me stop and think and I’ve come to the conclusion that fear is the worst emotion to deal with, whether it’s happening in life, or if you are imagining it.
I think that Mary Manin Morrissey's quote means that you can't follow your dreams if you have fear that you won't accomplish them. You need faith and determination in knowing that you will accomplish and be able to grasp your dreams otherwise you are likely to fail. Right now, my biggest fear is the future. I dont want my college years to be a waste and i want to be successful.My fears have not always been the same. Before, it used to graduating middle school then going to high schoo. Then, to graduating high school. Now i am thinking a little beyond that and trying to prepare myself to what is quickly coming, the real world. When i was little the only fear i think i had was bad grades. The only way i overcame that was to try hard and get good grades. I think i am afraid the future now because i have no clue what lies ahead there for me. But that is my job right now to create a path to lead me to where i want to be. I think when i was little getting bad grades was fearful becasue i did not want to upset my parents. I enjoyed the praises and how they were proud after getting a good report card. I still do today. Now that i think about it, fear does stop me from doing things. Yeah, there are some regrets of things that i wanted to do but didnt because of fear, but that helps today when i look back and dont let my fears get to me. To me, fear is also a very good thing. Fear has kept me away from drugs, alcohol etc. Also, it can be good by, for example, fearing to be a certain way or to a certain thing can put some drive into you and make you push yourself to do the right thing.
I think the quote by Mary Manin Morrissey means that once you allow our fear to take over everything you do, even what you believe is right for you to do, your dreams disappear because your fear isn’t allowing you to keep moving. Right now, I think the biggest fear I have is the fear not succeeding in life after I graduate. The fear of not becoming what I want to be and end up like those people who are in there 30 or 40’s trying to get everything together financially and emotionally. This fear hasn’t always been the same though. It began like the end of my freshman year when I started to realize that things aren’t fun and games anymore, it was time to get more serious and start getting prepared. And as the years went by it kind of began to fade until now. But when I was younger one the biggest fears I had was probably losing my mom. She was going through a lot and I was a kid and didn’t know how to understand anything yet. Until my mom’s mom told me that that’s life and things happen, I just had to make sure I was prepared for it to happen at any moment. The only way I overcame that fear was trying to find ways to detach myself until I kind of got used to her not being there, but it wasn’t easy. I started to spend summers with my cousins in North Carolina, slept over friends house as often as I could, because that was the only way I knew to try to detach myself. But as I got older I just realized that that wasn’t working because I was just spending less and less time with her, so I just came to a point I was like life is the way it is so no matter what, I couldn’t escape it. I don’t know, but that’s just something I think I won’t ever get over. Well when I was younger I was just afraid I wouldn’t have a mom to raise me, with everything that was happening I wouldn’t know what to do. Yea, I had my dad, but he could never replace the love I have for her. But now I’m just afraid that I will end up regretting anything that I wish I would’ve did now, so that’s why I try to do anything and everything I can to just prepare myself for what’s coming, financially and emotionally. But other than that I don’t have anything else to fear, because I don’t want to live my life in it. And I don’t like regretting anything I did or didn’t do, because if that was the fact I wouldn’t have or would have done it in the first place to begin with. I really don’t know when fear is a good thing. All it does it prevent you from going forward in life, from going on to do great things. So I wouldn’t consider fear a good thing, well in my opinion I wouldn’t.
Reading this quote made me think of my mom. She is always telling me that it's my own choice to live either in love, or in fear. Since I cant quite settle on one or the other, I beleieve that Im afraid to love. I do hope for the best, for others and myself, but when it comes down to something that involves me, I begin to worry. Sometimes I think I have bad anxiety, but I dont really know. My biggest fear in life would be trusting in another human being. I've seen countless promises be broken, and I've heard sorry it wont happen again too many times. To be more precise, my boyfriend, Bobby, and I, are what is called soulmates. We have big dreams, and share the most amazing memories. He's one of the best damn things that has happened to me, and if anyone has experianced true love, then you'd probably understand. Still, we both get scared to lose eachother, but I'm the one with the trust issue, and in relation to Morrissey's qoute, I am potentially blocking OUR dream simply because I'm scared of being hurt. I cant say that I am fully over it yet, and the reason Im more comfortable with having faith in my relationship is because I talked to him about it. Had I not talked about it before seeing this blog, I NEVER would have wrote about this, but talking about things always makes me feel a whole lot better. Im sure that the only reason I'm afraid is because I dont know what is going on on his behalf, I'm just sure that Im doing the right thing. But when someone sincerely cries their little heart out to you, you tend to feel bad for what you're doing, ecspecially when they almost break things off because they are scared to love somone who doesnt trust them back, or who never will. I havnt stopped myself from doing anything because of fear, because I love him just as much plus a million. Theres never a time that I think about all the accusations and disbelief and not regret it at the same time. However, it's perfectly fine for me to fear when I see another human being abusing themselves and not doing good for themselves. For example, if someone is doing drugs and I care about their life, I will fear for them because I dont want bad things to happen, so I would intervene and get them to do better for themselves, no matter what it would take.:)
"You block your dream when you allow your fear to grow bigger than your faith." I think this quote is saying when you stop believing in good that is when bad will happen. When you believe in something to happen you hope it will happen by any means necessary. If you are not patient enough to wait for it to happen and you stop hoping you give up faith on it. You’re basically asking for the worst to come. Another way of putting it is, "When you expect for the worse to come, it will." Your belief in something might be what is keeping it going.
I think my biggest fear in life is an easy question. I almost think it is everyone's answer to this question. My biggest fear in life is death. It is the polar opposite of what I like doing in life, living. To completely just not exist anymore confuses my mind. While growing up, this has not always been my biggest fear in life. It used to be little stuff like heights or spiders. Unfortunately I have grown, and so has my mind. The more I think about it, the more it scares me. I came over my fear of heights bye eventually ending up in high areas I guess, or it just passed bye in time. Unfortunately I did overcome my fear of spiders. It's something about spiders that freaks me out. I have yet to figure out what it is.
The more I think about life and death the more it scares me. It is one of those things that I have to force myself to stop thinking about. It is the thought of dying that scares me. If death wasn't as real of a thing that it is maybe I wouldn't be so scared of it. For example, if someone just came up to me and said, "Yeah dying isn't so bad after the first time. You just have to get used to It." than I probably wouldn't be so scared of it. Sadly, it’s not, it is a real life situation.
The answer to what exactly makes me scared of spiders is still in the air waiting for e to grasp it. I don't really know the answer to the question. When I see a spider I feel like my life is in jeopardy and the spider is out to get me.
"Do I ever regret doing what I wanted to do?" I don't know what this question is exactly asking me. If it asking me do I ever regret being alive then the answer is no. If it is asking me do I ever regret not being scared of spiders and just playing with them every time they pop up, then the answer is no.
Fear can be a good only be a good thing for another person. Someone who wants to control you will control your fear. If they can control your fear then they are probably going to control you. Evidently, that is not a good thing in the end. So I guess fear can never be a good thing, because it is such a negative thing.
A dream is an illusion of what a person would like their unknown future to be like. People are constantly fearing the unknown, therefore they allow themselves to fear their own hopes and dreams for the future. Fear is one of the strongest emotions which tends to stand in any dream's way to the point where a person will change directions in order to ignore that fear. People throw away their hopes because of fear constantly. I am terrified to assert my own thoughts, emotions, wants, and needs. I believe that no matter how I attempt to assert myself, it will always backfire in my face and I will loose everyone that I care deeply for; my boyfriend, family, and best friend. I have a big heart and would rather be walked all over than to say how I feel. Im just so afraid to be alone without anyone to love me and to love back. I have so much love to give that I just always want to make everyone else happy first, even if that means Im having panic attacks every other night because Im going mentally insane. As long as everyone I care about is happy, then I try to convince myself that I will be too, as long as they are still with me. I constantly bite my tounge and hold back from sharing my emotions. I know it's not healthy to do so, but it's the only way I know I'll be safe with my words; in my own mind. I cut out things that I want to do in order to do what other people want to do. I do things that I absolutely hate just because a love one asks me to do it. I have always been afraid to be alone when I was younger to an extent. I always needed to be popular and have all the friends. My mom always made me that way because she did not want me having a childhood like her own. I guess once I lost one person, I just feared being alone ever since.I do not regret anything in my life. Things happen for a reason and I believe I am the way I am for a reason. I believe that a person should always have fear in almost everything they do. The only difference is that the person does not let it control and overcome what they feel in their heart is right.
“You block your dream when you allow your fear to grow bigger than your faith.” This quote from Mary Manin Morrissey means that when you allow your fear to overwhelm you it prevents you from obtaining that which you desire, your goals, your dreams etc. Unfortunately this happens to the best of us. In my case it is the fear of rejection. I am most afraid of being rejected, and it has always been my biggest fear for as long as I can remember. I am sure that when I was younger that I was afraid of the dark or the boogey man under my bed but ever since I started school, all the way back in pre school, I have always been afraid of rejection of any kind whether it be from family, friends, sports, school, or even girls. Being rejected scares me because I hate feeling like I’m not good enough, that feeling of not being wanted. I worry that people will look at me and be disappointed or even laugh at my efforts, so as a way of trying to overcome my fear or even attempting to avoid it, I am not sure which one it is, I find myself not trying or slacking off. Pretty much not giving anything my best effort. Sometimes I realize that I don’t even attempt certain things all together because I’m afraid of failure or rejection. I am constantly prevented from accomplishing certain goals or simply things that, on a daily basis, I wish I could do but because I allow my fear to overwhelm me and consume me I continuously allow myself to abandon all hope and give up on my dreams. Right now one GINORMOUS event in my life is hastily approaching, college. I have no idea of where to apply because I don’t think I am going to get in, or at least I am afraid of finding out if I can get in or not. I feel like I am going to end up like that guy from the movie accepted and not get accepted anywhere. That is just one example of how my fear frequently hinders my ability to succeed. And of course I regret not doing some of the things that my fear has prevented me from doing, I believe everybody does. I wish I could go back in time, as I am sure many of us do, and change some of my decisions but I can’t, none of us can. All we can do is try and overcome our fears and not let it interfere with our decisions from now on. I wish I could change this about myself, this constant feeling of what you could call insecurity but it is inevitable because I have always felt this way, this is who I am.
"You block your dream when you allow your fear to grow bigger than your faith."
Fear is probably the biggest road block in every task. Wither it is of heights, of the dark, or of hurting something or another, it is a constant factor that sways our everyday life. It is like a shadow, it creeps along behind us no matter where we move. There is no escaping it, all people possess fear.
“The bravest of men are not the warriors who march on fearlessly, but are the ones who continue to fight even when they are afraid.” This quote I have been pondering for some time now. Though I would like to claim it as my own design, I can’t remember its true origins or inspiration. Regardless, its message remains clear and provokes some thought. I believe its lesson completely, the strongest people all have fear, it is inescapable. However, instead of fleeing from their worries, they face them head on in order to pursue a greater goal. If this is not true courage, then I don’t know what is.
Without any backing, I am essentially a complete coward. It would be easier to make a list of things that I’m not afraid to do. This often leaves me to withdraw, even from peaceful settings like home. Shyness, cautiousness, everyday these actions are provoked by fear to merely step out into the world each day. My biggest fear is everyday life in general. Constant change, drama, expectations, pressure, they follow along just like fear of it all. Though I can usually maintain it all, I ponder if a time will come that I will lose hold. Failure is a big issue with me, letting people down is yet another fear of mine. At times, it even holds me back from actually going out to help. This is a major downfall in any approach.
I yearn for the simpler times; these sorts of fears never rose in my younger years. I was afraid of the more obvious junk, such as bugs and the dark. The imagination summoned the most exciting fears, werewolves would cry in the night right after viewing a movie about them. Saying a name three times in the mirror had the power to summon ghouls; having fear was actually what made those things entertaining. Sometimes, fear can provide a thrilling treat that can encourage us to go onward. Others, it can be the main factor that holds us back.
Sadly, it is true. Our dreams can be voided by our fears of obtaining them. It could be in the effort that it requires or in the experience itself, but something bars of from taking the risks. This can be both a gift and a curse. One thing is made certain though, fear surrounds us. It is how we react to it that controls our next action.
“You block your dream when you allow your fear to grow bigger than faith” this quote means when you have a dream that takes risks and you’re so scared of taking those risks that you can’t even think about it. My biggest fear at this point is that the dream college that I just got accepted into will change their mind about me and decline my invitation for someone better. That fear is new, but an old fear that comes every school year is that I won’t pass all my class and I’ll have to stay behind to make up everything. Now that’s a nightmare. When I was little I always feared that I would lose my parents by means of death or just being lost. I would always have nightmares of my mom or dad just dying in my arms and couldn’t do anything about it, but then I would wake up and tell my mom about it and feel all better. On a lighter note when I was young I had fears of the normal things like monsters and bugs, but I grew out of all those. Well, I’m afraid of the college and school stuff because I just want to succeed in life and have all the best things in my life like the best college. Also I’m just a big worry wart and those are the most important things to me right now. The fear when I was younger was I guess because I didn’t want to be left all alone even though I have a whole bunch of family that have my back. Also I guess it was just a thing that all little kids think about when they are loved. How often do I stop myself from doing something because of fear, well that depends if it is something that will cause me to get in trouble then I will definitely stop myself, but if it is something that isn’t going to then once in a while. I figure I will have the opportunity to do something even better then what my fears are later in life. Fear is a good thing when it pushes you to do something even better then what you already fear, like working for yourself instead of with a big company that you can always depend on. If you get past what you fear then it shows you can do even bigger things in your life and it makes you feel like you are on top of the world.
When I read this quote I can only interpret it by it meaning that people fear something so much they let it get in the way of their dreams and let it overcrowd them. People let fear consume them so much that they forget all about their goals and dreams and let fear takes its course...they lose faith entirely.
What is my greatest fear? I would have to say my greatest fear is not being loved by anyone in the world and being all alone. I never use to fear not being loved nor being alone,as a matter of fact I use to like being alone most of the time, but things have changed for me now. As others might have to think long and hard about why they fear somehting I can bluntly tell you why I fear what I do.
It all started back when I was 8years old and my mother left me, then after that it's like a domino affect occurred. My father got remarried, my brother and sister moved out, and I was soon left alone in the house with my father step mother, step sister, and her child. to others it may not make any sense, you're might be thinking what and how can you fear something like that? It's easy. For the past 11 years of my life I have endured mental and verbal abuse from my step mother, being told she hates me, my sister, and my mother to my face. Thats not love at all. Then I'm always being the last pick to step mother when it comes to my father,and he's always favoring the little one. I never really talk to my brother or sister, it's as if they fell off the face of the earth.
So, now you can see why i fear not being loved and being alone so much. This fear has over powered my judgement I must say because now I have a wall up when ever I meet people. I close up around people and if I get too close to them,emotional wise, I turn away from them because I don't want to be hurt by them. I basically do not give them a chance to love me so I don't get crushed in the long run. My biggest fear didn't strike me in the matter of one day, I should ahve seen it coming and prevented me from fearing it. My fear was all bulit up in a line of sequenced events, but I was blind sighted when it hit.
I don't really ever remeber fearing anything when I was younger but if I had to say something it would have to be me not knowing what carrer I was going to choose when I was out of high school. I never overcame this fear because to this very day I still don't know what i ean to do with my life. However I'm not that much fearful of it anymore because I know I will figure it out one day and God will lead me in the right direction.
In a way I kind of regret not doing some things i wanted to do or excel in because I feel as if I missed out o something imporatnt and super beneficial to me. There will always be new things to come my way though so I can't and won't worry about it too much.
I don't believe fear is a good thing at all. How can it be? I must say from my own point of view, fear is one of the worst things to feel. When you fear something you question yourself and your abilities. You shouldn't have to question yourself like that, you should already know what you are capable of and never doubt yourself. Fear to me also plays a big part on my religious aspect of life, it ties into my life in ways I would never imagine and helps me conncet and understand things more clear as for why things happen or people act a certain way. It's something I can't really explain and it's not something you have to believe in, but it helps my world go round in a more understanable sense.
My biggest fear is not being able to do what I want and love to do. This fear has not been the same for when I was little my biggest fear was spiders but as I got older I overcame this fear at the coust of several spider bits over time. I overcame that fear by collecting spiders and wathching how they live and work. A big part of me overcoming it was getting bit. If it weren't for getting bit I may have never fully overcame my fear, but because I was bit I learned what to do to avoid it which is to stay still and show no fear both on the out side and on the inside because it is the vibrations that your vains make when your heart pumps faster that causes the spider to bite so I learned to remain calm. I think I am afraid because I have already come close to my fear comeing true when I almost fell off a mountaine while hiking and when I was younger I broke my head open and didn't receave medical attention till three hours after it happened. If I couldn't hike or be a fire fighter or anything else that would be my worst fear comeing true.I don't often stop doing things because i'm afraid because you can't let fear rule your life you just have to fight it so you can do what you want to do. Fear is a good thing to feel when you are in dangerous and potentually deadly situations because if you didn't feel fear in these situations you would probbly do something stupid and get hurt or even killed.
“You block your dream when you allow your fear to grow bigger than your faith.” I think that this quote by Mary Manin Morrissey means that if you get to the point in your life when you let your fears get the best of you then you let it get in the way of your dreams. You let the fear control your life and never get anything done. I think that my biggest fear would have to be the fear of losing a family member or friend. That is the worst feeling in the world when you lose someone close. This is not a fear that I have had my whole life. It is one that I have just come across as I grew. As a young child I was always deathly afraid of the dark. I could not go outside for any reason once the sun went down. This was because when I was young my older cousins would tease me and scare me on purpose while outside. As I got older I realized that the dark is just the same as the day but with restricted vision. I started to go out with others and got used to what was out there. Soon it didn’t bother me to be outside at dark. I think that when I was young I was only afraid of the dark because of how my cousins made it to be. I looked up to them and would believe whatever they had to tell me. So if they said that the dark was scary and not good then that is what I thought. Now the fear that I have now with losing someone close just comes from loosing people close to me like my grandmother, uncle, and cousin. Those times in my life were the worst that I have ever had and I don’t want to have them ever again. Even though it is the way of life I still fear it. When it comes to doing things I try not to let fear get to me. Little fears like falling on my bike can stop me from attempting things, but I usually try not to think of those things and just do it anyways. So fears really hardly ever stop me from doing things that I want to do. There have been a few times that I have regretted not doing something just because I thought that I wouldn’t do it or I would fall. I will think of doing something but then I second guess it and fear that I will fall. Then I look back on it and realize I could have done it with no problem. I don’t think that there is ever a time that fear is good. Fear just stops you from doing something that you want to do. If there is something that you want to do you then you should just do it because you only live once.
Mary Manin Morrissey’s quote actually lends itself to a fairly simple and straightforward explanation. She is to put it simply explaining that it is impossible to achieve any dream when your faith that you will succeed and achieve that dream. Unfortunately, knowing Bunje the simple explanation is not the explanation she’s looking for. It is most likely that Mrs. Morrissey was not referring to dreams in general, but specifically to the dream of living a healthy and fulfilled life, and she was saying that when our fears of earthly things outweigh our belief in God that a healthy spiritual life is impossible. Right now I have to say that my biggest fear is leaving myself emotionally vulnerable, whether or not it’s by saying or doing something that makes me look like an idiot, or allowing myself to be to expressive of my own feelings, whether in class discussions or on blog questions. This however has not always been my biggest fear, up until I was around seven or eight I used to be mortally afraid of being in the dark, especially if I was alone, it had gotten to the point where if I had to take the garbage out at night I needed someone else to go with me, or required a flashlight. I guess I conquered this fear through acclamation really, as I started growing older I made a conscious decision to no longer allow myself to live in fear of something that is only defined by the absence of something else. When I was young I probably was afraid of the dark because it represented the unknown, and when I was younger I found great comfort in things that could be explained and/or predicted, but when I was out in the dark I had no idea what surrounded me, and what might be waiting to jump out and surprise me. My fear of putting myself out in the open derives from almost the exact same source, I can’t predict or explain what other people’s reactions to my thoughts and feelings will be, and so I fear to place them out in open for all to see. It is quite often that I find this fear inhibits my activities, especially in the aforementioned blogs and class discussions, so it is really quite often that I find my fear prevents me from doing things. I very often regret when I allow this fear to overcome my desire, especially around report card and interim time, largely because I feel that I could have possibly contributed to the discussion as a whole and regret leaving that contribution unsaid and unconsidered. Despite fears negative impact it is a necessary part of most human thought processes, fear is what enables us to rationally consider the impact of any decision we might make, without a fear of possible negative consequences there is no basis for rational consideration of any action.
Mary Manin Morrissey’s quote makes a good point about fear crushing someone’s dreams. Her quote, in other words, means that if someone has their fear take part in their life more than their faith and confidence does, that his/her dreams can be diminished. When fear overcomes faith in something, that something can no longer be attainable. Mary puts these words into a simple quote that can be widely accepted among people.
My biggest fear is not succeeding my goals. I’m afraid that I won’t live up my expectations of becoming successful and happy with my future career. It’s a fear that I’ve recently developed as the word “college” comes closer in my life. I will be let out into the real world soon and I’m afraid I won’t be able to handle it and somehow screw up my future. My main goal is to become successful with lots of knowledge and a career that I love. I want to able to stay focus on that goal, but my fear is of some other deciding factor that will have me miserable and not be able to attain my fullest potential.
When I was little, I always feared of being alone. I wanted to always have people in my life to support me and guide me through things. I was a very dependable person when I was younger and expected my life to run smoothly with people by my side.
I overcame that fear by going through high school. I’ve gone through many situations in high school where I had to be on my own and deal with things that no one could help me with. Those experiences have taught me that I am a strong person and I can be independent. I don’t need someone to always be there and it’s okay for me to do my own thing.
I used to stop myself all the time because of fear. Now, however, I constantly encourage myself to push through the fear and weigh out the worst-case scenarios that could happen. I realized from high school that fear cannot be an option when it comes to goals and determination. I have both and I hardly come to a stop because of a fear.
Very rarely do I regret not doing what I wanted. I almost always do what I want, when appropriate, unless some other greater force stops me, such as laws, morals, or consequences. I realize this because I refuse to let fear drive me away. I let my determination and stubbornness to achieve what I want and ignore the possible fears that come into play.
Fear is a good thing to feel to those who know how to deal with it. It’s good to have some sort of resistance beforehand before you try to do something. It’s gives a thrill to succeed in something after overcoming that fear. Fear is there to challenge people’s life and make them struggle and feel accomplished in the end.
"You block your dream when you allow your fear to grow bigger than your faith." It's to my belief that Mary Manin Morrissey believed that dreams can only happen if you take chances and turn away from fear. Fear is the blockade in which stops you from doing, or becoming, what you want. When you dream, you believe and have faith. If you allow fear to interfere, then you allow that blockade to stop you from your dream.
At this point in my life, "the real world" is my biggest fear. What's strange is that I don't fear of failing my parents, friends, or teachers, but I fear of failing myself. For as long as I can remember, I've been in charge of my life. I never really had anyone to tell me who to be, or how to act. Unfortunately, I had do decide for myself what was right and wrong. Of course my mother was always there loving me and giving me support, but attention wise was hard being one of four children with a full-time working mother. I had to learn at a young age that the only person you can always rely on is yourself. With that, it is harder for me to accept defeat; for I know I am the only one to blame.
When I was little, my biggest fear was becoming someone I didn't want to be. I didn't want to be that drama queen in high school, who gossips about everyone, or that skanky girl who flirts with all the boys. I didn't want to be the druggie at parties, or the one drunk and past out on some random persons kitchen floor. I didn't want to smoke, I didn't want to drink, I didn't want to smoke, but I didn't want to be that goody-goody girl who snitches on everyone. I just wanted to be me. Thankfully, so far in my life, I've accomplished my childhood dreams of becoming, what I think, is a darn-good person just trying to make it through the real world.
When I was little, all I knew was what I didn't want to become, now I know what I want to become. I think I'm afraid of the real world because it's something I'm not used to. The real world is something new to me and I don't want to fail myself in not succeeding. I believe that the choices I make now will determine what I do in the future. I think that in the past I was afraid of becoming a bad person because unfortunate things always seemed to come my way.
It's not very often I stop myself from doing something because of fear. I've learned that you only have one life to live and there's no reason to hold back. Also, I don't have regrets because I believe that everything happens for a reason.
There are times when fear is a good thing. Most of the time fear is a gut feeling telling you "not" to do something because it's the wrong thing to do.
Fear is the blockade in which can alter your future, you can't allow it to overcome your dreams.
Mary Manin Morrissey’s quote simply means if you allow fear to get in front of your dreams your dreams may never come true. Fear is a big part of everyone’s average day. Whether if it you choosing to speed or not to speed, to sneak out or to just stay in. Most parents try to instill the fear of god in us, but this is not always for the best. When you scare someone so much they tend to be scared to do everyday things such as drive a car. My dad has been a mechanic for 30 years and he has seen the worst of the worst car accidents. My dad has made me a very cautious driver by constantly lecturing me on how to drive, showing me, showing me pictures and videos of accidents not just to scare me, but also to allow me to see what happens in reality. Thus I am a very cautious driver.
There are various things I fear such as breaking up, rejection, death, but the one thing that scares me out of my mind is loosing my immediate family. My mom, dad and younger brother simply mean to world to me. No matter what happens in my life I can always count on them whether I’m in a fight with friends, going through a break up, or just having a hard time they have always been there and given me a solution to my problem. The older I have grown the more they have begun to trust me, which has become to mean a lot to me. Without my parents I can honestly say I do not know where I would be this very moment. Thus I think this is the main reason I am so scared for college. My head is crammed with so many questions for college but the main question is what am I not going to do without my family being a step away; of course they will be a phone call away, but it’s just not the same. I and my mom are very much alike, and this is why I believe we tend to bump heads a lot. No matter what the subject I can ALWAYS go to her, and converse with her about any given subject. My dad works a lot, so I barely see him, but I still have a special relationship with him. Over the years I and my brother went from hating each other to actually being friends. If I were to ever loose any of them I simply wouldn’t be able to function bottom line. I know everyone is scared of loosing there family, but this is a constant thought within my head.
When I was younger I was TERRIFIED of roller coasters, because once when I was 7 I went on one, and ever since then I was scared. I remember sitting in this cart, in which felt 30 times bigger then I was, flying down the tracks feeling as if it was going to set off into the air like a plane at any given second. This fear finally was conquered the summer going into sophomore year when my best friend Danielle finally got me to go on a HUGE wooden roller coaster at Knoeble’s. It took a lot of begging, but yup she did it. Little before I knew I was gripping the bar barely because the sweat of my hand was making me hand slip right off. 1 2 3 it took off and it was the best 30 seconds of my life! I don’t go on certain roller coasters but for the most part I go on them. If Danielle never helped me get over this fear I would still be 17, and never to have been on a real roller coaster.
I was scared of roller coaster just simply because when I was a young child I had a bad experience on one. I’m scared to be without my family, because it’s something I could never do. My family has always been with me, and I will never be ready to live completely without them. Sure at times, we fight, but at the end of the day I still love them to death. If something is endangering my life I will not do it, other then that I am pretty open minded to trying new things. But for 10 summers I didn’t go on roller coasters. Every year when we went to six flags my whole family would be on the roller coaster and where would I be? Sitting on the bench at the bottom waiting for them to get off. Fear is good when it is scaring you out of doing something that could harm you. But do not let being rejected stop you from your dreams. Most people are not accomplished on a first try at anything, it takes time and practice. From my experiences, I try now to not allow fear to get in the way of MY DREAMS.
I agree completely with that quote by Mary Morrissey. In my opinion she is trying to say the only way to reach your goals and dreams and to have faith in yourself. It is alright to have a little doubt because that always causes you to work even harder and have more faith in yourself. When that doubt outweighs that hope or desire, then at that point it is nearly impossible to accomplish your dreams. All your focus will be geared towards that doubt and not towards reaching your goals. I honestly don’t have many fears if any. I guess the one thing I fear most would be losing my friends and family. They are the basis of my life so I would be pretty much nothing without them. This has always been my biggest fear because it is really the one fear I feel I could never get over. I am not scared to the point where I bug out about it everyday but the thought of it makes me uneasy. I cant really remember what I was afraid of when I was younger but I do always remember worrying what would happen if I got lost and there was no one around to help. A simple childhood fear but it’s the only thing I can recall. I overcame this fear by realizing the chances of that happening are very small and I could easily prevent that event from occurring. I think I had those fears because I am very close with my family and friends. Also I am very inefficient by myself. Whenever I am alone I get stir crazy and need someone around. We could just be sitting around doing nothing but I still feel better with someone around. I am not sure why I have that problem but I have always been that way. I don’t think anyone can say they haven’t stopped themselves from doing something due to fear. I haven’t done it much but I am sure I have. I don’t remember any exact times but I do recall holding myself back before. I do regret not doing many things and if it weren’t for my hesitation I wouldn’t have those regrets. Whether it was fear of rejection or just shyness, I let it hold me back when I shouldn’t have. Fear is only a good thing when it keeps you and the people around you safe. If it weren’t for good fear, such as fear of consequences, we would live in a world of chaos. No one would follow the rules and everything would be in a state of turmoil. So those types of fears are the only time when fear is a good thing.
"You block your dream when you allow your fear to grow bigger than your faith." my biggest fear rigth now is the S.A.T s. this fear has not been the same because i just started worrying about the it. right now iam trying my hardest to study for it. i really want to pass this test because i want to go to college and be what i want to be when i grow up, i want to be a sombody. when i was little my biggest fear was death or losing my parents. i use to cry so bad when i get a cut from falling or from just playng around and i wuld cry but now iam older. also losig my parents made me think that i have no point in life because they bought me here. i love m arents o much and i would never want to hut them or lose them. when i was young i wouldgo where evr mymm would go andmy sister would call me a mommas boy but i really didnt care,but now i am grown and somtimes my sister still call me a mommas boy. i dont ever want to hurt my parents they are the greatest and i love them so mch they thought me alot of things and i am glad to have them. i often stop myself from disobeying my parents because it would hurt them and i dont want to hurt them, also i dont smoke because i dont want to die early or fast and i dont play around with drugs because thats the sign of death. i stop myself everyday from smoking because my some of my friends do it and they offer and i would tell them no i dont smoke iam an athlete than i would walk away. somtimes i regret not listening to my parents,because they know more than us because of experience exmple like not listening when they tell me to be home befor curfew and i didnt, i should have listen because now i have to pay a fine for curfew. i dont think fear is a good thing to feel and iam trying so hard to not fear anyhing but the only thing thats giving me a hard time is death
Oh Ms. Bunje, you always pick such wise quotes. Mary Manin Morrissey's interpretation on allowing fear to block a dream is really that fear is what honestly ruins us from being able to dream at all. It’s true and it’s like, angel vs. devil inside us. And sometimes, you hold back. A boy dreams of becoming a famous musician and is scared to send all of his wonderful demos to big companies believing that his stuff will never be good enough for the industry, or a beautiful girl who wants to model and travel abroad ends up being set up in an arranged marriage and under control of an abusive spouse. Marvelous dreams that never come true because the lack of faith in one…and it sucks. There are other circumstances too but the major one is the loss of self-esteem.
When I was little, my biggest fear was disappointing others aka my family. To bring honor in one’s family should be considered happiness at its prime. I tried so hard to impress everyone knowing that I could never be what I wanted to be if I kept being the way I was. I would cry if I get a 90 on a test. Isn’t that silly? I was always so independent and determined as a being raised like that, you really don’t have any other way to be but. After years pass by, I realized that my family was just attempting to live their dreams through little ol’ me, I decided that it wasn’t fair. I want to make them satisfied but how can I do that if I am not allowed to satisfy myself first? I don’t regret or believe it was a selfish thought at all. I am living my life, not theirs. So once upon a time, my childhood ended and my teenage years finally began and I decided to ‘grow up’ and rebel thinking it was the ‘cool’ thing to do and they will maybe understand that we’re not in Vietnam anymore and they wouldn’t be able to run my life once they see that I can make my own decisions for myself. I don't consider it 'overcoming a fear' but I guess I just grew out of that fear, if that's possible.
My biggest fear as of now has to be being alone. What I mean isn't impressing others to fit in or whatnot, but I meant growing old with someone who you will never be able to find. That fear has been within me for quite sometimes for many personal reasons I do not wish to state, but now that I have a boyfriend being the same boyfriend... my biggest fear has to be losing him. I'm too in love for obvious reasons and I feel like I'm living a dream when I'm with him, but if anything were to happen... I am not up for that nightmare at all.
I stop myself from doing something because I'm scared quite often... it's common sense, really. I learned after this one experience that if you play with fire enough, you'll soon get burned. I don't want to get burned, the pain is whack and it makes me create options with every decision I make. There definitely is some things I wish I could've done but sometimes it's a good thing to have fear because it saves me from sometimes unneccesary misery I could have but I don't.
At this point in my life I think the biggest fear I have is the fear of not being successful. I don’t want to be one of those people who never amounts to anything. I mean I have ambitions but I fear not being able to reach them. I try to do my best however the kind of person I am will not let me change my procrastinating ways. No this hasn’t always been my biggest fear. The oldest fear that I can remember is probably the fear of being punished as a child. I didn’t have many things to worry about but doing something wrong was a huge fear of mine. I hated the feeling of making my parents mad at me and getting punished for something that was very stupid or not worth doing. I think the way I came over this fear was after doing bad things I didn’t have the fear of being punished it didn’t phase me I knew I was being bad and I eventually realized that it wasn’t so bad to be punished and the fear just went away. I believe that I fear the sense of failure due to the fact that I don’t want to be looked down on for the rest of my life not knowing weather or not I could have been happy or if I could just be a moderately successful man to sum it up I fear not being happy. Yes I have stopped myself from doing many things due to fear and yes some of them I do regret but if I did do others which I didn’t due to fear I would probably not be hear or I would have had to suffer a lot more pain than I have. However, it is a lot better to have regret than to make yourself suffer for something that is not worth it. Yes fear can be a good thing it might not always but in certain circumstances it can be a great thing . say some one is afraid to do drugs so they never do. That is a perfect reason why fear is a good thing. Some people might fear getting in trouble with the law therefore the never break any laws and it makes the world a little more safe. There are plenty of reasons that fear is a good thing they just have to be seen in the right way.
"You block your dream when you allow your fear to grow bigger than your faith." I think that Mary Manin Morrissey’s quote means if you are scared to do something or scared that you won’t be successful in what you do, that will get in the way of your goal. Nothing should get in the way of your dreams, however everyone faces obstacles. A lot of people view obstacles as things they are not sure of how the outcome will turn out. A lot of people fear the unknown. I try not to let fear affect me; however everyone fears something. At this point in my life, my biggest fear is being alone. It is very important to me to know I have support from my family and friends. When a lot of people are going through rough times, they often like to be alone to reflect on their selves. I hardly ever like to be alone, even in that situation; I would rather not be alone. Being alone has been a fear that I have had for a while but not something that affects my everyday life. When I was little, I my biggest fear was getting in trouble. I was very careful of what I did because I feared the consequences a lot more than I do now. I overcame this fear by understanding the affects of the things I do and having a better understanding of what I can get away with and what will have long term negative effects. I think I was and am scared of these things because of not necessarily the act but the result of the act. I wasn’t scared to fight when I was little, but I was scared of the consequences of fighting. I often stop myself from doing things because of fear. I choose not to drink and drive because of the fear of hurting myself of others. I choose not to do drugs because of fear of getting caught and facing the consequences. Some things just aren’t worth it. I don’t usually regret not doing something I wanted to do because of fear because if I didn’t do it, it probably didn’t seem like it was worth to take the chance. I don’t like to regret anything. Fear dictates most of my actions. The fear of failing school pushes me to do my work to the best of my ability. The fear of losing my friends pushes me to have good character and treat them how I want to be treated. The fear of having a bad record keeps me from not committing crimes. Fear is a good thing to feel because people would act as if they had no conscious if they didn’t fear the outcome. Everyone needs to have fear of something.
I think that Mary Manin Morrissey means that if you fear something your never going to get to your goal because you’re worried about something and you wont concentrate on your goal. My fear and most peoples fear is death. Death has always been a fear of mine but as I mature it gets bigger and bigger. When I was little I was afraid of monsters. I use to think that there was one in my basement and I would never go down there alone. I overcame it by just maturing and growing up. I am afraid of death mostly because I love my life. I love being on this earth and would do anything to stay just one more day. Dyeing would just end it all and I haven’t done a lot of things in life I hope not to leave just yet. When I was young and didn’t think as much I just didn’t want to die because I didn’t want to feel the pain. I can usually take pain well, but you never know how painful your death will be, it’s like a fear of the unknown. I stop my myself everyday because of my fear. Some of the stupid choices I make can end in death like jumping off 40-ft. cliffs into water, walking across a 200ft. High old wooden railroad trestle, and even driving fast on the road, so I try and make sure I am careful with anything I do. Our whole lives are passed off of dyeing, every single choice we make we think to ourselves “Could I die doing this”, we think it whether we realize it or not. And most of us make decisions steering the other way of death. I do regret certain things, like not swimming across the lake my uncle’s cabin is on. It is a giant lake and I wasn’t feeling good that day so I was afraid of not being able to make it and die. I didn’t do it because of the fear but sometimes its better to be safe then sorry so sometimes when I look back I regret it but then once I think about it I realize I made the right choice at the time. Its sometimes good to have fear because if you didn’t you would just do anything and you would probably die. Also because if someone was trying to hurt you and you didn’t have fear you wouldn’t fight as hard as you would if you were scared for your life. So if you fear death like myself or even something different don’t be ashamed of it, fear make you fight harder for something and makes you live longer.
"You block your dream when you allow your fear to grow bigger than your faith." I think that Mary Manin is talking about how people's fears can sometimes hinder themselves from moving or doing bigger and greater things. Because fear is so strong in people it causes them to lose sight of their dream because they're either afraid to fail or letting someone down someway and somehow (boyfriend) because you are not around all of the time. Faith is something that pretty much everyone has, but is rarely seen. If you have little faith in yourself, then basically your setting yourself up to fail. Even the people that have the strongest faith sometimes let their fear control them for a second. A perfect example of this is college. You are excited yet afraid of being away from your parents at the same time.You know that they will always be there for you and everything but fear sets in because you are going to be alone and have a great deal of responsibilities. At this point in my life, my biggest fear is not becoming the person that I see myself being in the future. This is very huge and a great big deal for me because I see myself doing a lot of wonderful and extraordinary things. The reason I am kind of scared you could say is because I am at the point where there are different paths set out in front of me and I'm not really sure which path to go down. It was up until recently that I was certain what I was going to major in. Then, last Friday it had all changed. I am now faced with new and exciting possibilites and it is overwhelming in a good way. This fear I always kind of had at the back of mind since I started looking at colleges. When I was little, my fears had consisted of clowns, needles, and bikes. I was terribly scared of clowns to the point of crying. It had all started when this lady at my old churched dresses up as a clown for Halloween. To start, she was already a little scary looking to begin with but with the clown makeup and get-up, she was straight up terrifying. A few weeks after that my mom had took me to the zoo and a clown popped out of nowhere and scared the bejeesus out of me. Ever since that experience, I was afraid of clowns. It took me a while to get over that fear. It wasn't until 13 when clowns didn't scare me anymore. I was always afraid of bikes because everytime I would get on them, I would get hurt. Fourth grade I had busted my knee open and was in a wheel chair then on crutches,5th grade I fell off my bike and scraped my arm up pretty bad, and in 7th grade I had flipped over the handle bars of a bike and had bruised my collar bone four days before my birthday. To get over this fear was merely to NEVER ride a bike again, which I haven't done. Needles just freak me out in general. It doesn't necessarily hurt, it's just the idea of it that freaks me out. To get over this, everytime I needed a shot or bloodwork done, I would psych myself out in my head saying ow! even before the needle was in my arm. I think I was afraid of all those things and including the whole college thing because it was/is something that is nerve-wracking and gets my adrenaline pumping. I rarely stop myself from doing something because of fear because it is pointless and stupid of me. I could be missing out on something that is important, and so I just have faith and not let fear overtake me. I don't regret for not doing something because I go with my insticts. If something doesn't feel right, I don't do it and I later hear about something that I was going to engage in, drama went down, or things just turned out for the worst in general. I think that fear is good to have sometimes. I think this because it gives you the opportunity to be bold and go out of yourself and your comfort zone to do something.
"You block your dream when you allow your fear to grow bigger than your faith." This quote by Mary Manin Morrissey’s means to me that if you let fear take over the things that you do or even what you believe in, you dreams will vanish because your fear isn’t allowing you to pursue them. I think that fear is an everyday life situation that everyone has to overcome. Fear can either be rejection, failure, or disappointment. I think its okay at times to have some doubts about what you believe in because then it will make you work harder for it and it would build your faith and confidence. When I was little the biggest fear in life was losing my family. That fear came true when I unfortunately lost my mother when I was 12 years old. I never could have imagined that, that could have happened to me. Nor could I believe that my fear had come true. My mother meant everything to me. She was the one person that I knew was always going to be there for me no matter what the circumstances were. Its not easy living without someone that meant the world to you, and that something that I have to live with everyday. You never really get over the fact of someone who you love so much isn’t with you. Sometimes I think its just still a horrible nightmare that I need to be woken up from. But I know that she’s in a better place right now and that she is always watching over me. Right now one the of the biggest fears that I have is losing my sister or my dad. Even though my sister and I get into arguments all the time, I still love her to death. I know that I can go to her and tell her whatever is on my mind without her judging me. She is one of the few people that I can trust and that I know won’t go around telling everyone about my business. My father on the other hand never had the same relationship as the one that my mother and I had. Although he thinks that I don’t care about him, he’s wrong. Yea, we might get into arguments and then have him ignore me for weeks, but I still love him. He is the one person that I trust when their giving me advice about life. I know that whatever I choose to do in life, he’ll back me up 100% and have faith in me. Fear is a good thing to those people who know how to overcome it. It gives people more of a challenge to want them to pursue their dreams. It gives excitement to overcome the fear that was once holding you back.
I believe that Mary Manin Morrissey meant that when you are afraid of something you let it stand in the way of succeeding in life and accomplishing your dreams. When you let your faith of accomplishing those dreams go, that’s when fear takes over and blocks them. At this point in my life my biggest fear is being a disappointment to my family and friends. I want them to look at me and the things I’ve done in my life and be proud of me and not disappointed or ashamed. I haven’t always had this fear but it developed probably when I got into high school. I was growing up and had many important decisions to make and I wanted to make the right ones and so far I think I have. When I was younger, I had a terrible fear of dying and the unknown of death. I was afraid of either losing my family members or dying myself. I would cry hysterically and I wouldn’t want my parents to leave me and go to work. I was afraid of the unknown of what happens when you die, how do you know your dead. I’ve never gotten over this fear and I think it will always be with me. I wasn’t able to over come my fear because my questions were still not answered. No one knows what happens when you dir of where your mind goes. I believe that once your fears are faced and you know the answers to your fears you can over come them. I think I was and still am afraid of death is because at such a young age I saw my cousin suffer from a terrible disease that eventually killed him. I remember being so young and being at the funeral seeing him in the casket and seeing the faces of all my family members. I don’t want to ever see them go through that and I don’t ever want to go through it again either. It scares me because its something that no one can control and its something that brings so much pain and suffering. As for my biggest fear today, I think I have it because so much pressure is put on you in high school. Making sure you get good grades, hang out with the right crowd, be focused and be a good students, grow up get a job, etc. I just think it’s a lot of stress and I get scared of the thought of what if I mess up and do the wrong thing. My fear has always kept me from making my decisions or second guessing myself but I think that was a good thing. Because of my fear of being a disappointment, I never made the decision to do bad things like slack off in school or go to parties and get drunk. I think that’s when fear is a good thing. If you have a fear of something like mine, it could lead you in the right direction.
I thing that the meaning of Mary Manin Morrissey’s quote is, we will never reach our goals if we believe that failure is more possible in our future than success. We have to have faith in ourselves and in the potential that all of us possess. I think that we all have that fear failure. We all think about the future and, as human beings, we worry that if we fail, we would be too far down the wrong path to go back and try again. Everyone says that life is too short, which I full-heartedly agree with, but if we don’t follow our dreams than we really haven’t lived our lives to the fullest.
My biggest fear right now is making the wrong decision when it comes to my future because as a senior I have to make some crucial decision pertaining to the rest of my life. I want to follow my dream and pursue a career in music, but I also want to live a good life where I don’t have to struggle to pay bills and live life the way I want to. If I don’t make it big in music than I don’t want to make it at all because, as much as I love composing and performing, if I can’t make a decent living off of it then I’d rather just keep it as a hobby. I could just follow my dad’s advice and take the “safe road” and pursue a career in engineering.
My fear has changed since I was younger. My fear of the future just started as I near the end of my high school career. When I was younger I feared society. I feared that I wouldn’t fit in; that I’d be an outcast. I also feared, as contradictory as this sounds, that I wouldn’t stand out. I wanted to be socially accepted but not just another kid. I overcame this fear when I came to Oakcrest and saw how easy it was to make friends and still keep an identity. I think that this fear arose because back in middle school I was on the heavier side and some people would disassociate themselves with me, but since then I’ve grown a lot taller and lost a lot of the baby fat.
I try not to let fear get in my way because fear is the chain on the gate that stops us from exploring a new area of our capabilities and of what the world can offer. I do have regrets but I take those regrets as a learning experience and I don’t let fear stop me from getting what I want. When I stay persistent I can achieve things that I could only dream of before.
Fear helps us make logical decisions in dangerous situations. I think that we should listen to our instincts of fear if, and only if, the risks of a situation stongly outweigh the benefits. If we don’t we might find ourselves unable to follow our dreams because of foolish decisions.
What I feel the quote by Mary Manin Morissey means is that fear can sometimes be greater then desire. If you allow your fears get in the way of your dreams, you’ll never achieve anything because of fear in failing. If you do have fears, you’ll most likely nonstop think about them, and your mind will care more about your fears then your dreams. Then, you’ll be too scared to go after what you want.
At this point in my life, my biggest fear is what is going to happen to me after graduation. I’m scared to leave home, leave my friends, and just leave everything I know. I’ve never lived anywhere else and it just scares me. What if I make the wrong decision as to where I pick to go after I graduate. Or, what if I lose touch with my friends and when we see each other again it is as if I never knew them. I am just always thinking about it, and it makes me so sad because my childhood went by so fast. I think I’m scared of my future because this is the first time I’m deciding what I’m doing with my life. My mom always made the decisions and I’m worried I’m going to mess up.
When I was younger, my two fears were the dark, and not being with my mom. I would cry if I was in the dark by myself. I always slept with the TV. on, and I still do till this day. I think I was so scared because my 3 older brothers use to scare me all the time and they would have me watch really scary movies at a young age. My other fear was not being with my mom at all times. I never slept out when I was little because I would end up crying wanting my mom to pick me up. If she went out at night, I would beg her not to go and cry until I fell asleep. That probably lasted until about 5th grade. I think I wanted to be with my mom so much because she had 2 jobs when I was little, and I was not close with my dad. She worked both day and nights, so I rarely got to see her. So, I guess it made me want to see her more knowing I couldn’t.
These days, I don’t think I stop myself very often because of fear. When I want to do something I normally go through with it. So, I don’t want many regrets.
Sometimes, I think fear is definitely a good thing. Fear can stop you from doing illegal things, or hurting someone else. But, if the fear is over a choice of what you’re doing with your life, I don’t think it’s ever a good thing. You need to take more chances so at the end of your life, you don’t look back and have “what ifs?”
they say fear come from with in, so if it does then the more hype you give it the greater it will exceed. the more it exceeds the more it will take a tole on your life. once when it conquers then your dream will be shattered. At this point of life my biggest fear is not being able to do good in college. i feel like i am not prepare. when i discussed college life with other teachers and former colleagues about the professors way of teaching it seems like too much unnecessary discipline. and i am afraid of going to college and and get a professor like that. but some say that there are nice ones too.. For example i heard that there was a professor that wrote and talked real fast and as he wrote he would erase behind it. and there many more stories that i heard but that was the worse. but now that i am thinking about it it kind of silly because not all professor are like that but i can't help it i just keep thinking pessimistic. and as well the SAT are chocking the living day lights out of me. i really really don't want to that test for nothing not even to go to college because its so hard but i know i have to so i can et in to college. well i haven't actually taken the test yet i just tooked the PSAT and when i took it my brain didn't want to work any more. no it hasn't always been the same it just got like this my senior year. When i was younger i didn't really have anything to be afraid of unless you count the ghost that lives in my crawl space. i use to be terrified i didn't start sleeping by-myself till i was 12 years old literally. i didn't necessarily overcome it but when i do think that it is trying to mess with me i just think that it is just the wind that is making stuff mess with me. i think that i am afraid of what i am afraid of because there ample of adults n my life that is applying so much pressure on me about it . and when i was younger is because that the type of stuff seen on tv and it use to scare me.i stop my self a lot form doing things just because i am afraid of messing up. for instance i could have a lot of experience in hair coloring but i chose not to do it because i don't want to see my mistakes or just any at all. and i regret it a lot because thats what helps u become a pro. fear is good when it comes to god . or when it is in a good way
The way I approached that quote from Mary is I broke it apart. The first part of it says that fear can block a dream. When you are afraid of something, it slows you down and in some cases stops a person from working towards achieving the dream. Also a fear really gets in the way when it grows bigger than a person’s faith. The faith of a person within themselves has to be strong. In order for anyone to accomplish anything they need to believe or have faith in themselves. If fear blocks faith, the goal will ever be completed. So I would say the quote means that when a person allows a silly fear to interrupt their faith, they will be unsuccessful with a dream.
The only thing I really fear now is being afraid of something that will mess up my life. It sounds sort of like a quote that says something like the only thing you have to fear is fear itself. That is how I felt pretty much my whole life. When I was a kid I was afraid of the dark and of spiders. I was afraid I would turn the corner and someone would be standing there in black and hidden to kill me and I was afraid I would go to sleep one night and wake up with spiders covering everything which is pretty creepy. In order to overcome my fears I did a few different things. For the darkness and fear of being killed, I felt better by when I got older signing up for self-defense classes to learn how to defend myself if I were ever to be in a life threatening situation. As you can see my fears have not always been the same and I’m sure when I grow up I’ll have a fear of something, but for now I’m not really afraid of anything accept becoming afraid of something. Since my fear isn’t the same as when I was young nothing is the same for me.
You would think that often someone would stop because of fear, but I don’t. If I feel like I could be scared of something, I face the object and rid the fear before it exists. When I was little I stopped myself from doing little things because of fears such as playing man hunt or running around in the dark with my best friends, but now nothing stops me accept a federal or state law. I regret not being part of little games when I was a kid, but it is not a big loss within my life so I can’t be too upset. I don’t think fear is ever a good thing. If someone tries to fight a person and they are afraid it will make the person weak and unable to protect themselves. Fear of death is somewhat acceptable, but part of life is death so I don’t feel as though someone should be afraid of death. So honestly, I don’t think there is ever time for fear because it will only interrupt a person’s life and make pursuing goals more complicated.
FEAR!!!! well I think in order for you to accomplishes anything you first have to be able to over come fear. See I tend to fear everything at first, until I'm able to do it than I'm fine. And I think that work with everything and everyone. We all fear what we don't know. As a kid I fear stupid thing like bugs. But now the one thing I fear the most is moving on, you know growing up. Going off on my own, onto college. Living on my own, having to supple things for myself. And not having anyone doing it for me.
I believe that what Mary Manin means by that statement is that when you allow something to bother you it takes a higher persidence over your ultimate goal because psycologically you have fooled yourself.
When I was little my biggest fear was getting out of bed at night. I am still scared of getting out of bed at night and I really dont know why, it has nothing to do with monsters or things being under my bed, and its deffinatly not the dark. It is just something that I have found to be scary, probably because as child I never really had any help with my problem. I usually dont regret getting up in the middle of the night, unless I really had to go to the bathroom.
I think fear is healthy for every human to face. Mostly because when put in a situation of pure danger a person needs to know how to react.
I think Mary Manin Morrissey’s quote means you can never achieve your goal if you let fear consume your self confidence. You can never achieve your dream if you don’t have confidence in your self because it doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks, only what you think matters. Henry Ford once said “If you think you can or you think you can’t, your right.” I feel this quote is not only insightful but true. As a human you have to have the drive to believe in yourself no matter what the odds are in achieving your dream or not achieving your dreams. If you keep feeding into the fear the fear its self will become reality and block your dream. Some believe in Laws of Attractions other or cynics, but I feel what ever you put your most energy and thoughts into will become your reality. In this point in time I think my biggest fear is the future and what it brings, because of my believes I know that I am in control of my future but still fear have crept in to my thoughts. I jump back and fourth with what career I want to pursue. I m scared in the long run I will end up with nothing but becoming an evil electrician. Which is not the most enjoyable job but one that is well paying careers, I could end up in this career for the money alone. (money is good, I guess?) This fear has always been on my mind since I have been a little kid. The future is always on my mind and I’m always nervous what the next day may bring. I don’t know where the fear came from but when I think about it, it’s so silly to me as a little boy worrying about my future. It me occurred to me from seeing my dad unhappy at work all the time. I guess that showed me I never want to do something I hate. Which honestly I rather hit the lottery and do volunteer work for the rest of my life but I don’t think that’s going to happened. I don’t think that this fear has stopped me in anyway because I just keep an open mind. I try to prepare my self for the future to the best of my ability and try not to get discourage when it gets tough. My system is just stay positive because nothing good comes out of being negative. If I just hold on to something pure in my life I think I will end up fine and this fear that I have will be gone in the next 5 years. I know my future will be bright because fear will not cripple me but rather hope will save me.
Your drea is always a big deal, and most of the time seems very out of reach. When Mary uses the word fear i take it as realizing that it is so far out of your reach, and do not give everything you have to reach it. Your faith of course is always believing in your goal and that nothing can get in your way, unless you think too hard about your goal and for some reason everything that you feared most about it, comes true. My biggest fear honestly at this very moment is not being able to get accepted into the colleges I'm interested in. After which if i do get accepted, i fear that i wont be able to make it through pharamacy school because my habbitsd in school now are not nearly going to make it in a competitive class. When i was little I'm pretty sure i always had a fear of growing up. Thhge fact that i have to start doing things on my own and start to live on my own with no mom and dad is just mind boggling to me. It was always my fear to turn 18, which i will be on saturday, and i think im a little over that, but ii still fear like haviong to do everything with no one there behind me, or so i say.It completely ties in with my college fears, because if i dont get into the right college or right courses where do i go with my life? Ill have nothing and i wont have any money. I always say i want the best when im out of college, and i know that even if i get a crappy job ill do everything i can to get the best. I jsut fear that i wont get a job in the first place, and it's really a lot to deal with.I regret not working as hard as i could. I definately have not tried my hardest in ANYTHING through out high school. Fear in my opinion right now is really bringing me down. But i think ill soon get over it once i get all my applications in and all that nonsense is over with. I'm ready to grow up, just not all the way =)
"You block your dream when you allow your fear to grow bigger than your faith." I believe that Mary Manin Morrissey is saying that you can only fulfill your dreams if you over come your fears and life and have a little faith that everything will work out fine. Many people let fear get in the way in their life. If you dream to do something then you must have some amount of faith in yourself that you can accomplish your dream. No one should let fear stop them from doing anything in life.
At this point in life I would have to say that my biggest fear is growing up. I look back on life at times and think of all of the things I may not have done when I was younger. I see all of the little kids in my neighborhood running around and having a grand old time in life and at moments I stop and think did I have that much fun when I was little. Sometimes I can not think of the answer. I tend at times to wish I could be a little kid again but then I love where I am at life at the same moment. So, I now try to make sure that I don’t miss out on things in life so I can look back at my teenage years and have no regrets. Yes, I have always loved being a kid. I think that is why I love kids and babysitting so much I get to forget about the stress in my life and just have fun.
When I was little I think I feared not pleasing my parents. I have always tried to do the best for my parents; always trying to set my bar higher than theirs so I could please them. I think I overcame it by realizing I have to do what is best for me in life. I cant always do what my parents want me to do I have to branch out on my own and do what I love and enjoy. And it took me a while to realize that. But, I have now come to that understanding and do what is best for my future goals I in life.
I think I was and am afraid of the things I was because I always wanted to do what was right and what was expected of me from my parents. I do not like to disappoint people. I try not to stop myself from doing things because of fear but I often do not do things more so because of the following consequences from my parents. I do not like getting in trouble which in a way is one of my biggest fears in life. I don’t have regrets in life if I didn’t do something then I probably had a pretty good reason for not doing it. And even if I didn’t do something I really wanted to there was more that likely a reason why I didn’t. I don’t think fear is a good thing. But, if there was no fear in life who knows where I or any one for that matter would be.
What I get out of Mary Manin Morrissey’s quote is that basically, by looking at everything that could go wrong or worrying about how you might fail you are just putting the distance between you and your goal farther apart thus making it impossible to accomplish your ambitions. Basically if you take your focus off your main objective and look around at all the impediments in your path, you won’t succeed. So everyone should always hold faith in what they want to do and not give up hope due to your fears because you will only fail yourself and your fear will come true. I suppose my biggest fear would have to be either rejection or just utter failure with my life. For some reason I feel the urge to try and be liked by everyone and to have no enemies or else I feel like an outcast. Since I always want to make everyone like me I keep a lot of my thoughts and feelings to myself as to not contradict anyone else’s ideas or attitudes. By doing this it usually assures that I am an enjoyable person to be around with anyone, which fulfills my esteem, yet I still always fear being rejected by some sort of person and even I know this is inevitable it still bothers me. It’s a lot harder to explain how I feel about this topic because I can’t put my feelings about this into words right now, so I’ll explain my other fear. This is a fear that most people probably deal with and it involves not succeeding and getting the kind of job that will let me live a good life. I worry if I will make it to a good college, how well I will do in that college and whether or not I will make something out of myself Post-college. I always wonder if I will end up going nowhere, stuck at my parent’s house, making a little above minimum wage, which is why I pray that that quote won’t be the story of my life; Worrying about failing so much that my goal of succeeding is blocked away from me for good.
When I was younger, I feared the dark like most kids, and it did indeed stop me from doing things like the stupid little haunted walks because not only were they creepy it was stinking pitch black out and I hated that. Yet at the age of probably 12 I would just try to embrace the darkness and the serenity of the night and I soon came to love it. I would wander around the blackness of the night just listening to the things around me and this how I overcame my fear of the dark. I guess I was afraid of the dark because I never knew what was in it, but then I came to discover that most other things in the dark can’t see me in the dark so that helped a little, just stay out of streetlights!@ because everything in the dark can see you but you can’t see in the dark. I guess I fear failing now because, well it would probably be one of the worst things that could happen to me without losing a limb or developing some sickness. For the most part I don’t really regret anything I haven’t done, except I kind of wish I went on more roller coasters when my family took me to all those theme parks. My fears never really caused me to miss out on anything too important just yet, but who know perhaps they still can. Fear can be good, because it keeps people from pulling some crazy stunts, which in the future may allow them to exist on the planet earth a little longer. At times fear can save people, yet it still deprive them of what they want to achieve.
I'll say that it is merly a coincedence that this blog just happens to match perfectly to how I'm feeling this very moment. My father being a perfect exacmple. All my Highschool years the one thing i looked forward to was going off to college and moving on, and my dad knew this. So when me and him got into it the first thing he tryed to scre me with was me going to college. He tryed to instill fear in me to make me understand where he was coming from. I basically allowed the fear of my dad not paying for college to block my dreams. So yes, I definitly agree with this quote.
Now although I can't wait to leave Highschool I would have to say my biggest fear is growing old and the responsibilities that come along with aging. No, it has not always been the same. When I was younger that was the last think I wooried about. I was more scared about what my mom would do when she found out i broke my glasses and things of that sort.
One thing i can remember being afraid of when I was little was monsters. I refused to watch scary movies of fear of the characters "coming out and getting me". I can rememeber making my mom check my closet every night. Looking back on that now I think its pretty darn funny how deathly afraid i was.
I could probably think of hundreds of times i stopped myself from doing something because of fear. Such as fighting someone, I fear getting in trouble from my dad so i don't do it. Fear I would say, is very powerful.... and without it, I believe the world would be a complete chaos.
I often regret things I wanted to do but didn't. You only live once, so live it well. But when fear overwhelms someone its like putting a spell over then. Instilling fear is someone makes one feel powerful & as if then can control any & everything.
Despite all these things I believe fear is a good thing, because it stops you from doing alot of stupid things & without it the world would be absolutly crazy and no one would follow any rules.
False means not true incorrect unreal. Appearing means, to seem to be so, an impression based on sight, but not everything you see is what it seems, looks can be deceiving. So in a line with these first two words evidence and real can not belong, according to logic, but imagination or our human hard drives, if I may, have created this program in which the almost impossible or highly unlikely seize control of reality. This then creates a wall unable to be scaled by the best of all climbers between you and your greatest desires. It is then when the program our human hard drive has created , emit’s a fog or haze of sorts that handicaps you makes you smaller ,by growing itself becoming bigger than you and making you vulnerable.
My greatest fear thus far has been the fear of ceasing to exist. I an some way shape or form have always been plagued by this same fear in many different shapes. When I was little I was afraid of big dogs, heights, insects, and of the normal childhood things to fear. But my only thing is that I never really got over them I’ve faced them up close but I still dread them. I do feel though that seeing them closer has brought me to the conclusion that all my fears are weaved with the same black string that makes my hair stand on its very end. I understand now that it’s not the big dogs, it’s what the big dogs could do to me, it’s not the height it’s what can happen if I were to fall from the height, it is not the insects (this fear was brought on I think because of the movies of killer insects) it is the bites of the insects which links to being eaten , and it is not the dark it is the not being able to see. Which could all lead to ceasing to exist. I have stopped my self so many times from doing things because of fear. I want to kick myself cause it is sad. Like my friends tell me, get on this rollercoaster, but since I am afraid of heights I say, “no thanks I’ll wait for you guys”, and later they appear unharmed with their adrenaline pumping, I think to myself if I would have gone with them I would be fine. I would have had a blast but then the program flicks on as if like black magic and starts emitting that fog which paints the picture that if I would have gotten on something bad would have happened. I think to fear is better than to be careless. Fear makes life, to say the least, more dull, but it’s not so bad cause anyhow, it was curiosity that killed the cat.
One night I had nothing to do. Wandering to the medicine cabinet I saw a bottle one inch high. Wondering what could be in such a small bottle I uncorked it and put it to my nose. Oh! What a strong smell it had. Luck as against me. I got some right in my eye and on my neck. How I jumped. I think I must have jumped for five minutes. When the effects wore off I read the label on the bottle. It said, Oil of Mustard, Poison. Nevertheless, I am alive and now I read labels before uncorking bottles.
-Donald M. Jenkins
“You block your dream when you allow your fear to grow bigger than your faith.”
In my own words I’d say the quote is saying that when we let fear triumph we stand in the way of our dreams. Of course this quote is true our biggest obstacle is fear. My biggest fear is the fear of failing, one of the worst fears to posses. Due to this fear I will stop myself from starting something if I know there’s a high percent chance I will not succeed. I have completely stopped running because if I’m not the best I will not put myself through it. All this fear does is paralyze me, a part of me knows that with drive and hard work I can accomplish anything I put my mind too. I know this is true because I have proved it time after time. Even with that said for some reason I refuse to attempt whatever fear I cannot succeed in.
Recently I have developed a new fear, lucky me, the fear of never finding happiness. All this talk about happiness, being happy, being at peace with your environment, it’s all quite depressing if you don’t have it. Which makes me think will I ever? I have to find happiness right? But what if I died tomorrow never having the chance to live in happiness, life isn’t promised. So now I have another fear to add to my list and another reason to be unhappy.
Of course when I was younger this wasn’t the case at all. Fear to me meant snakes, closet monsters lurking in the night, or spiders (which I still don’t care for all these things) So do we ever get over are fears or just gain more complicated ones on top of them? You have to be able to overcome your fears right? If not how would we grow as people? This means there’s hope one day I’ll get over my fear of failing, John his fear of rejection, and Ashley’s fear of disappointing her parents. If only we could live life if fear never existed, I’ll add that to my Christmas list.
That quote means to me that whenever you have a dream or you when you believe in something enough that you basically live your life by it that you shouldn’t let your fear get in the way of it. Say your biggest dream is to perform in a musical event but you are too scared to get on stage and in front of everyone. You shouldn’t let your fear step into play at that moment. At this time in life my biggest fear is people and things changing. I know it’s weird to say but I hate when things change, but I get sick of the same old thing. I don’t want all my friends to go away for collage as shady as it sounds, but I know they have to go on and go to a good school to have a successful life. As you know I am best friends with all the kids that are in AP classes and are most likely going away for collage, I am scared to admit it that I might not see them for a while and I don’t want that to happen, its going to hurt seeing them all leave after being together for so long. Especially when I am trying to stay close to NJ while everyone can’t wait to get out of here. I think I have been feeling this way ever since freshman year when I met a lot of new friends like Christine, James, John, and other things were kicking off as well, like relationships that I won’t speak of for your sake bunj. But once high school started that’s when collage came into everyone’s mind with the guidance counselors jamming it down your throat. When I was little my fear was actually gym class. I was the fat little kid that everyone loved to make fun of, so when that one day of the week came by I hated to go to it because I know I was the target of the day. It sucked being that kid and I overcame it by losing that weight and becoming the man I am today. Everything is better this way and my elementary days are over and its good this way. The reason I was scared of that was because I hated to be made fun of and that’s all that ever happened during gym. My fear now is because I don’t want anyone to leave. But it’s a part of life so it has to happen and I have to let nature take its course. I have let those fears not let me play football when I was younger. The weight limit wouldn’t let me play with the kids my age so they would move me up two levels. I was too scared to play with them so I never even went and played. Who knows if it would have made me a different person or player today. Fear is never a good thing to feel, people shouldn’t let fear step into their dreams or their curiosity about life. With that they would never learn anything from life and will never experience anything.
Well to me this means that if you allow fear to control you than it gets harder and harder to reach your goal. For instance if you dream of becoming say a football player but fear that you can not make it you than there will be a chance that you will give up the dream and never try. When I was smaller my biggest fear was heights. I do not currently fear heights I just rather not be around them. In order to face my fears I got on a ferris wheel with a couple of people. In the beginning though I was very scared and I almost urinated on my self when it stopped at the top but once it was finally over I was relieved. So I do not sweat or get light headed when I find myself in high places. My biggest fear now though is the fear of loosing my loved ones. I had this fear of loosing the people I love even before I conquered my fear of heights. I do not exactly know why I had the fear of heights, but I might of been because when I was around three I fell down a few metal bleachers at a baseball game and cracked open my head. That could also be why I do not like baseball that much. I am afraid of loosing my loved ones because they have such a major impact on my day to day life that it would be hard to get through the day without them. I find myself regretting not being more social towards other people. I am very shy so I do not really talk to people that I do not know. I tend to always think about what might of happened if I had of spoke to them. So I guess that I have a little fear of meeting new people. I think that there are only a few occasions where fear is a good thing. Fear keeps people out of a lot of trouble. I would never rob a bank because I have a fear of going to jail. There are kids that will never do drugs or smoke cigarettes because they are afraid that it will kill them. A little fear will make people think twice before they act on something. Fear can either overwhelm people or just make them cautious about the things around them. Fear lets everyone know that they are not as hard as stones and that they are vulnerable. As humans we need fear its just part of life.
This quote to me means that once you reach the point where you can’t move forward because you are afraid of an obstacle in the way you are losing sight for your dream in order to focus that attention towards the obstacle you are now fearing, and if you don’t want to lose that goal or dream forever than you have to look past the fear at your dream to where your goal is. If you can’t look past this one little fear that it is apparent that this goal really doesn’t mean that much to you. When I was younger one main fear that I had was one roller coaster. I realize that this is silly because of the fact that these rides were built to entertain people and I was afraid of them. One day with a bunch of friends I just got onto superman in Six Flags Great Adventure and now you can’t keep me off of the things and that just goes to show you that sometimes you just need to be a little more open minded to go out on a limb and just try something that you think you might not like. My new fear though is one that I have just recently acquainted. This is first the fear that I have had for a while. The fear of not getting into the school that I really want to get into more than anything else that I’ve done in my life. Also on top of that is the fact that even though I know that there is now way I’m leaving any of the academies once I get in I still have this innate fear that I won’t be able to keep up with the challenge.
Ever since I was a young lad I’ve had this fear for spider which I think just might have started because my father though that it would be funny to by a fake spider that would jump when you pumped the handle would jump and used it to terrorize me. I guess he just got some kicks out of it but I don’t resent him for that. So afterwards my brother followed suit with the terrorizing. This is just another thing that I have to deal with on a daily basis, but it makes me a better person, or so I’m told. This fear has carried along with me all the way until present, but I have never let this stop me from doing what I have to do. Of course if I can avoid a spider that I will but if it gets in my way it cannot and will not stop me for anything and that is what I try to do with all of my fears.
I believe that quote means that when you are scared you put everything else on hold. When you are afraid you don’t worry about your dreams. You worry about getting away from what making you afraid. My biggest fear is that I won’t be accepted into college. I feel like if I don’t get into a good college I will work at WaWa for the rest of my life. I feel like I can do so much more than work at a local job and still living with my parents at 25. In my eyes if that happens I have failed my goals. I overcome my fear by having an open mind. I believe that I will get into a good college. I have faith that I will do well in college and move on to a good job. I want to graduate college not just get accepted and flunk out. The reason I am so afraid is because of my real dad. He went to college but flunked out. He thought sports were the most important thing. I feel like school is more important than sports. I stop myself every once in a while. If I am afraid or nervous I tend to start stuttering. That’s how people can tell that I am nervous. Fear is a good thing to fear when you are about to do something wrong. Fear stops me a lot of time from doing that. If you are about to rob a bank fear stops you from doing something stupid.
I think Mary Manins quote means, the most important thing you want to achieve cannot be completed, because your letting your fears come in the way of what you belive in. At this time my biuggest fear is living my life wrong now, and suffering in the after life. Which is, when I die i WOULD BE GOING TO HELL. tHATS WHAT i BELIEVE IN. So, hopefuly I can get my life straight before it's too late. This has always been my biggest fear since I was able to understand what life's about. But when I was little, heavily feared tornados. By the massive destruction, Ive witnessed on national television. It showed me what it could do to me as a human. No one wants to spend all eternity getting tortured. Thats what happens when you go to hell, and everyone knows that heaven is the place you would want to go in the after life. Dont have time to finish, gota go.......
I think that Mary Manin Morrissey is right on the money with this quote. If a person allows fear to overcome them then fear itself with destroy a person's dreams and will consume them in a way that their faith will slowly fade.Fear, in my opinion, has always been defined as something your scared of, phobias that a person can never seem to get rid of. As a child spiders, jellyfish, and sharks were all things that seemed to consume my body with fear. Although as life went on, as I got older fear could no longer be taken away by a simple stomp of a foot on top of a spider, or running out of the water to escape the harmful tentacles of a jellyfish or the razor sharp teeth of a shark. Fear, for me, became something entirely different. As a child I was scared of things such as spiders and jellyfish but now i realize that there is a difference between being scared and fearing something. The difference between being scared and fearing something is that when I'm scared it often goes away but fear seems to be something long lasting , a dark shadow that is lurking behind me with every step i take. Its easy to overcome something I'm scared of but something i fear isn't so easy to overcome. My biggest fear as senior in high school has been a fear of mine since freshman year. I fear that the path I have been taking will lead me into a life of dismay. I fear that with everything that life has dished out for me that I'll never be able to amount to anything that I've hoped or dreamed for. I often find myself doing things in spite of fear. Rather than facing the devil face to face I tend to do things to ignore the feeling of fear. Personally I hate the feeling of fear its an overwhelming feeling that takes over my whole body a feeling that I can never shake. Fear has yet to be a feeling that I learned to take control of. There is many things that I've done and regret because of fear and until I can grasp the feeling of fear inside my palm and learn to cope and let go of it, I fear that I will always live to fear.
Thank you for allowing me to be part of your blog! This is Ms. Londono and blogging is new to me, so being part of this community will help me to one day incorporate this into my classroom.
You all have such an opportunity to be heard by others as well as yourselves. I love what Ms. Bunje said on the home page that you may not even realize that you have an opinion on something until you are charged with the task of responding to it. With that said, I hope that it is OK for me to respond to the blog for this week.
I'm a bit late, but rather timely! Barack Obama has recently won the presidential election and will be the 44th president of the United States of America, and the first African-American president. Let me first say congratulations and I think he is more than qualified for the job, and an excellent "first" to be taking on the huge responsibility of such an office. I believe those thoughts totally tie into the quote. If Obama had let himself be consummed by fear he would have never achieved such a goal. The fears don't just lie in wondering if you have the ability, good judgment, or stamina to complete such a job, but also the courage; the courage to face adversity, the courage to face the critics, and worst of all the courage to face the hate that still lingers in our country due to legal segregation and of course slavery. I believe Obama transends the racial barriers that hold back so many, but as a husband and father, I'm sure he has had to take a long hard look at what he's doing and decided that the pros out weigh any cons. I wish him all the best as well as his family and our country as history is being made, and he faces the many challenges which lie aheard. Although, I do not think that he intends to let his fear of any challenge grow larger than his dream for this country and his faith in himself and the American people.
We can all learn a valuable lesson about realizing dreams that some think are too lofty to achieve from this presidential election. The glass ceiling has been shattered, and hopefully the fear of being able to achieve once unattainable dreams has been too.
Ms. Londono >:)
Post a Comment